276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nightbreed (Director's Cut)

£7.915£15.83Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At this point, we and Clive and Mark need to again thank everyone who has been moved to support Nightbreed so eloquently. That passion has not been wasted and has motivated a studio to spend time and effort looking to rescue the lost work of filmmakers who shared a heavenly vision of monsters... We've not given up all hope... UPDATE - 6 February 2010

Nightbreed (1990) - IMDb

Audio commentary on the director's cut by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan MillerI have a friend, Mark Miller, who came to me and said, 'I want to pursue the missing Nightbreed material. I have some time off from my work. I want to do this.' I said, 'Well, there's no money, Mark. There's nothing in it for you except a huge thanks from me and from many, many, many fans if you were to be successful..." Morgan Creek: "So I have a bit of sad news to relay. After MUCH digging, hunting and trying our best to unearth where (if at all) the missing Nightbreed footage might be, we've come up empty handed. Therefore, that VHS that was screened at the convention is the ONLY footage that exists of a director's cut."

Never seen Nightbreed, which version should I watch first?? Never seen Nightbreed, which version should I watch first??

But those that did see Nightbreedin 1990, those who ventured to see the film because they were already in love with horror’s newest wunderkind from his many novels and short stories as well as the still budding popularity of Hellraiser, saw a film ripe with potential and a dark, fevered creative energy. Literally thousands of horror films have been forgotten since 1990, confined to dusty clearance bins and deep cuts on Netflix, but Nightbreedendures andremains a beloved horror film, not because of what it was, but because of what could have been. In fact, Nightbreed’s fans remained so loyal that after almost 25 years, we finally got a director’s cut of the film, one much closer to Clive Barker’s vision than we ever imagined possible. I asked if [Drafthouse Films] might be interested in distribution for the Cabal Cut... Although they were fans, to do what we needed to do wasn't really their wheelhouse. So, on the eve we were supposed to close, they suggested we go to Shout!Factory, introducing me to Cliff MacMillan, who I in turn introduced to Morgan Creek - we got the deal done minutes before the announcement."On one call I was transferred to a production executive. You already know what I told him, so let me tell you what he told me: He Can Access The Lost Nightbreed Footage At Any Time. When the push began for Nightbreed, Clive Barker’s follow up to the cult hit Hellraiser,in 1990, the marketing made the film feel like just another slasher film. The confusing advertisements couldn’t seem to decide whether the film’s killer was a button eyed, masked killer or the film’s lead character Boone, played by Craig Sheffer, leaving fans scratching their collective heads over what this coming horror joint was even about. The theatrical posters for Nightbreedread “Lori thought she knew everything about her boyfriend… Lori was wrong!” Clive Barker's Nightbreed: The Action Game". GameSpot. December 31, 1990 . Retrieved July 28, 2014. Scream Factory Facebook – Final Specs For Nightbreed: The Directors Cut Revealed!". Facebook. Archived from the original on February 26, 2022.

The Versions of Nightbreed Explained - Update - www All The Versions of Nightbreed Explained - Update - www

During an interview in 2022 on The Ghost of Hollywood, cinematographer Robin Vidgeon, mentioned that he disliked working with David Cronenberg, stating Cronenberg complained to Clive that he was being usurped. [25] This is a sort of Holy Grail, at least it is for me and I think for Mark as well. We are going to release Clive Barker's Nightbreed the Cabal Cut...Revelations: "Wow, that's tough news! A year ago we had no idea whether or not the footage still even existed and it was only when we heard the company knew exactly where it was that we and Clive even got up hopes to be able to construct an extended cut of the movie. Sounds like the initial comments to Mark were unduly optimistic?" Multiple image galleries, including early sketches, set photos, poster and pre-production art, stills from the UK launch party at Tower Records, and more

Nightbreed Blu-ray review | Cine Outsider Nightbreed Blu-ray review | Cine Outsider

Theatrical Cut: This is the theatrical release, reshot and edited in a way that skewed it toward a slasher film, which was not Clive Barker’s intention. This was originally available on VHS/Laser Disc, and then a bare-bones DVD in North America in 2002. It was also called “Cabal” in an Italian release, but don’t mistake that for the Cabal Cut, which we’ll talk about a little later. shots of the Tower Records launch party. Am pretty sure that's not Queen Elizabeth. The models referencing the actual make up and artwork of the movie are significantly lower in quality than 'the real thing'...Nightbreed love is so strong that a television series is in the works, and is in continued development. We have a few more details on that here. Joyce Finds Babette (Alternate): I can't remember the dog faced breed in the film but here he/she is dead or dying as the detective finds Babette weeping next to its body. I have no details as yet of the timing of this release, or of the status of extras on the DVD. The company that will be releasing Nightbreed is Scream Factory.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment