276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Name is Anna

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Meanwhile in Islington, North London, fifteen-year-old Rosie Archer lives with her younger brother and parents forever in the shadow of her eternally perfect older sister, Emily, whose disappearance as a toddler has had seismic implications for the families lives. The bombshell news that the trust set-up to fund the search effort for Emily has been drained and is facing closure compels Rosie to take the initiative, turn to the internet and look into some of the theories about Emily’s disappearance in a bid to keep her family together. The story was told in Anna and Rosie's POV by author Lizzy Barber. It was obvious from the very beginning where the story would go, but the reasons for the decisions were still unknown, and that captured my interest along with Lizzy's crisp and fast writing.

ANNA has been taught that virtue is the path to God. But on her eighteenth birthday she defies her Mamma's rules and visits Florida's biggest theme park. Told from two sisters POV Anna/Emily currently residing with her Mama in the USA and Rosie younger sister of abducted Emily living with her mum dad and brother in the UK. The outcome of why Anna was taken is scary and even more so as its believable and the conclusion of the book moving and a little sad tbh There were a few subplots involving a cult-like church, which I found interesting, but there again, the Pastor Paul - Mamma relationship was bizarre and generally inexplicable. There were also some references to some pretty twisted child abuse, which while they were not overly graphic, they were still disturbing.

Crop Your Photo

This was a great story that give you thoughts about ‘’what could’ve been…’’ and it makes you wonder – if certain things didn’t happen, would our lives be the same?

Anna lives with her religious neat-freak mother and she's destined to lead a strict and frugal life. I didn't envy her life and I certainly didn't like her mother. Rosie on the other hand was raised in a warm and affectionate family, she smokes, drinks and goes to parties (without her mum knowing). She'll never be like other teenagers though, the fact that her sister is missing casts a big shadow on their family. The grief of this entire broken family of parents, a sister and even the brother who doesn't even know the missing girl was so touchingly described that it made my heart ache. Don’t be surprised! You’ve called a company in France, they speak French. Just ask if it’s OK to speak English.The title of song originated from something that Ringo Starr said. In a interview he said that they had worked all day and night on a job. “I came up still thinking it was day I suppose, and I said 'It's been a hard day... and I looked around and saw it was dark so I said, ...night!” So we came to 'A Hard Day's Night'.” It was said that the song captured The Beatles at the peak of Beatlemania and was the most exciting time in pop culture up to that moment and probably ever since.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment