276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tarot of the Abyss

£13£26.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And RavenOfSummer, isn't it interesting that a reading that I did for you a while ago centered on looking into the Abyss - not that that's an uncommon theme, but still... By the way, I love the dominance of shadow in Key 8: Strength as the counter-weight to Key 11: Justice, which has a dominance of light. Here you see the personification that is Lady Justice, fierce but fair.

The interpretations follow the traditional RWS meanings (plus 2 alternative perspectives for the extra cards - 3 and 10 of swords) and are well written.Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary. In the instant that Spirit willed it, out of darkness came light, the source of all that is. That light gave rise to the entire universe, first as energy and then as matter,” writes Tourian in the companion guidebook (a meaty tome, by the way). “Out of the abyss came forth the light.” I'm fascinated by that as well! Not only is she wonderfully talented, but she is capable of so many diverse styles. So much of the global collective has been going through either a Three of Swords moment or Ten of Swords. By the way, is it just me seeing patterns where there are none, but do those ten birds in the skies on the Traditional Ten of Swords remind you of the revised replacement Ten of Swords from the Light Seer’s Tarot? I’m in no way saying there’s any intentional connection. It’s more that both artists have pulled something from the psychic aethers relating to the Ten of Swords manifestation we’re in today. I know that Tourian’s of Romanian descent, but that’s not why I think this– even if I didn’t know that, I would have caught the scent of Slavic heritage in the art style. Her compositions in Abyss are reminiscent of the 19th century Symbolist art movement– art that reveled in the unverified personal gnosis– art that was surreal, dream-like, and not literal, but revelatory through signs and symbols of divine truths. Tourian’s art embodies all of that. It’s Romantic, and it’s emotional. You can’t look at this art and not feel something.

In the companion guidebook, which is very meaty, Minor Arcana card entries are given equal treatment to Major Arcana card entries, which is something that automatically earns brownie points from me. =) This feels a bit like a Marseille, RWS, and Thoth fusion, rendered in a haunting woodcut engraving style of line art.This adds another layer of significance to those particular cards vs. when the composition is such where you’re a bystander or passive observer. In matters of Strength or Justice, as with The Hanged One, you are a character in the storyline, and therefore your next decision will determine the outcome. Whereas with other cards, such as The Hermit, Wheel of Fortune, or Temperance, when the illustration is such that you’re just the observer, the energy conveyed is that of greater extenuating forces, for better and for worse.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment