276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LIVING WITH: My Dead Pony: 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I am listening to the internal dialogue while my body is busy cutting and re-arranging images until a new story emerges from my unconscious. I am a late bloomer who started digital illustration withPhotoshop and Illustrator because I discovered Raygun magazine and it really awakened something in me that made me want to be creative. I am interested in creating meaning from discarded images, inspired by fashion magazines, urban decay, and forgotten places.

I try to practise what I call raw collages, beat up stuff that looks like they’ve been going through tough times, traces of grime, ripped up pictures and grungy textures. It seems that I can’t do otherwise anyway. How do people make those clean cut collages ? I don’t know !! Raphaël Vicenzi, Satanic GraceI like the exploration phase, to cut out things and think about the many possibilities that a bunch of unrelated images offer. These collage sets are his most recent works in year 2015, with elements of pop-inspired statements in crisp typography and casual scribbles. In this set, he used a pastel/bubblegum color palette for accents. I always wanted to do something creative and the possibility to make graphics with computer really attracted me so I started to learn most of it very slowly by myself.

In your experience, what were the moments that you have struggled or had difficulty in coming up with a concept? How did you overcome/cope?

What do you think your greatest achievement is so far?

Over the course of his freelance career, Vicenzi has worked with big clients including Universal, Votre Beauté, Washington Post, Hemisphere, Virgin, and Madame Figaro. His work has been published in Taschen 100 Illustrators and Illustration Now – Portraits. He has also built up a large evergrowing fan base with 12,000 Facebook likes and 64,000 Behance followers. It was by mistake and I am self-taught. I thought I would be a graphic designer or web designer but it wasn't my cup of tea. I realized that I was doing illustration instead and I kept doing just that. I am a late bloomer. Honestly, I never thought I would make it, there were times where I wanted to give it all up because I wasn't that good. I am still learning. I never really trusted in my abilities until I had some few positive comments about my works posted on DeviantArt.

The theme is of course fashion which in a sense is why the picture is of a girl as you would normal asume with in fashion. With the title I really think it gives ain-depthmeaning to the piece, as if you just had the image with no title a lot of people would just asume its a random image and has no meaning, so in away with this piece the title is really important to the piece as it gives the piece a meaning, which is of course the girl looking into a mirror and saying how she see's her self as a wolf, and this gives the view many different meanings behind the work which is great as people can say the work is more in-depth. The subject behind this I think is story based and in away the artist has become a story writer to the views who view the work, so for example I see this as a girl who see's her self as a beast and not very pretty in away and sort ofdoesn'tsee her life with much meaning, this is great to see in work these days as anyone can come up with a story behind this work and it would make sense. I think the artist has really foundinspiration from the film snow white, as it has a mirror and a woman a bit like the queen from snow white who is jealous of not being theprettiestin the landand goes to the mirror to ask who is the prettest in the land and the mirror says not you of course and maybe this is what piece is about in a way. x8.3″; acid-free paper, images cut from magazines, Posca markers; 2023 YOU GET VOLCANOES I GET EMPTY PARKING LOTS TWS –I see a tension between contemporary and classic in your art. Contemporary images are processed with a collage technique that seems close to Dada and other early collage provocateurs. How do you feel connected to collage’s history and where do you think your work stands in this tradition? I don’t know, I hope I’ll still be able to create in four years from now and that people will see how I progressed and changed. At first I just did digital collages, with my own textures and scans from magazines, always with a strong handmade analog flavour but I wasn”t ready to live without an undo button yet.TWS –Also there’s a visible connection with punk aesthetic? How does popular culture informs you and your art? I just know you fell in love with Raphael’s illustrations, so you probably want to see more! Here is where you can reach him: I don’t have strict guidelines but more of a loose set of rules so I don’t have to really think on how to set everything up, I can just start working. Nothing is imposed but if you dig deeper maybe it will make you pose a moment and think about it. Raphaël Vicenzi, You Get Volcanoes Raphaël Vicenzi, Body Rot

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment