276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Squishmallows Star Wars R2-D2 Plush - Add R2-D2 to your Squad, Ultrasoft Stuffed Animal Plush Toy, Official Kellytoy Plush,White and Blue,10inch

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To be fair, I don’t think there was a way for Kellytoy to make R2-D2 into a satisfying squishmallow. Her shelves and walls are filled with art and various knick-knacks from shows she likes, mostly animated or fantasy-based properties. Baby Yoda does come in at a close second, but I am far more interested in Chewbacca as a character than Grogu. The new Squishmallows will be available in 5-inch and 10-inch versions exclusively at Walgreens starting on Oct. The Baby Yoda squishmallow is an excellent example of the bountiful merch this character has received.

Due to the limited characters from the Star Wars universe that could work as a squishmallow, there might not be many more in the future. It’s an event enjoyed by both die hard fans and families alike and has raised thousands of pounds for charity. Their round shape and simplistic faces mean characters chosen to become plushies must have a design that would still be recognizable and pleasant to look at in orb form. The Toy Book exclusively revealed the first character — The Child Squishmallow — and now more huggable versions are joining in. The eye lens is directly in the middle of the plush, and the segmented blue stripe at the base of his head is at the bottom.

I would still recommend Chewy or the Child over this one, but if your heart is set on a big BB-8, this will do the job. In these socially distanced times it’s not the done thing to give someone a hug, but we could all do with one, so what better way to scratch that itch than hug one of these awesome Star Wars Squishmallows, available exclusively at Walgreens. Any good character design should have a distinct profile, but when there’s no face or clothing, that and the color palette are really all you have. In addition to The Child, families can take home their own huggable versions of Star Wars faves BB-8, R2-D2, and Chewbacca. It’s still not a great representation of the droid but giving more space for the head, and the larger eye-lens mean it’s a bit easier to connect with the character.

I’ve noticed the stitching still pulls at the fabric, like the smaller size, and the seams at the bottom are very noticeable. While I’ll often sit and rub the ears to relax while watching TV, I’ll just as often find myself trying to rotate the pillow to that the ears aren’t poking my back or hiding the remote. Please note: as there are several styles available in this assortment, unfortunately, it is not possible to pick one yourself. I’ve seen people gush over every little piece of baby Yoda merch, having seen only a few hours of Star Wars content in their lives.

Kellytoy — a subsidiary of Jazwares — dropped the news a short time ago in a galaxy not too far away that it would add Star Wars Squishmallows to its squad of huggable plush. Their problem is that while they are non-human characters, their designs heavily rely on their silhouettes. inches is good for a plush meant to be moved around or amongst other plushes, maybe for collecting or playing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment