276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Youmile USB Programmer Series Burner Chip 24 EEPROM BIOS Writer 25 SPI Flash + Sop8 Test Clip

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With how I arrived at my solution, I do wonder if I could have been helped by adding the datasheet-recommended 0.47 uF capacitor as you describe above.

Once that command outputs the following, the flash has completed successfully. If not, just flash again. Reading old flash chip contents... done. Run this command to see if 25xx flash is detected, with your RPi properly wired. sudo ./flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0,spispeed=32768 The best thing about the CH341a is that with other hardware, such as the Bus Pirate and Shikra I have found that I need to remove the SPI chip from the board to interact with it due to other circuits interfering with the targeted SPI chip. However, with the CH341a, I can just place a chip clip on the chip and dump the firmware without worrying about damaging the component by desoldering and soldering it on a breakaway board. As you observe you can see that this particular router looks to have been reset before it was taken out of commission and sold since it has what looks like default values. If your computer restarts constantly, after trying to flash the Bios via M-Flash and no standard solution worked: reset the CMOS, unplug the hard drives, change the location of the memory modules, remove the motherboard battery, try to access Dos through a bootable USB key to reinstall the Bios, then you just have to reprogram the Bios with an external integrated circuit.insert the clip’s jumper into the mini programmer (with the numbers 1 2 3 4 on the left, 5 6 7 8 on the right) in the first part of the CH341A female connection (ie on the left, the part right being dedicated to EEPROM 24 chips), Next, run this command (RPi): sudo ./flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0,spispeed=32768 -w /path/to/libreboot.rom Most systems in libreboot have to be re-flashed externally, using instructions on this and similar guides, the first time you flash. However, on all currently supported systems, it’s possible that you can re-flash internally when libreboot is running. I'm a total noob, just found a laptop in the trash and wanted to try to fix it, after some research the issue was related to a corrupted BIOS, so I found a DUMP for my laptop online and bought the CH341A programmer.

KedarWolf - saving a BIOS in UEFITool does not convert anything, it simply adds .rom extension to whatever the original file extension is when you save or rebuild/save A second PC, to be able to flash the firmware from it to the the pc's bios chip you want to modify. CH341PAR.ZIP - archive containing driver files for interface mode and API (header and library to access the device and use any protocol you want). Flashrom is the software that you will use, for dumping, erasing and rewriting the contents of your NOR flash. Now I have to find the universal power adapter I've used months ago to test the laptop, hoping the issue was the BIOS and not the soldered RAM xD.

Most read

You will notice that one of the pads doesn’t have all of the solder removed. The pad on the top-left in this photo. This is intentional, to show you a comparison for reference. The other pads are free of solder. There is a plentiful of software available on Linux to deal with EEPROM CH341A programmer. Many of them are available via standard Debian repository such as flashrom. Since the Windows tool has severe issues with some chips and doesn’t have an auto-verification system, your best bet is to do the flash from a Linux computer. If you don’t have one, you can use the instructions in the following paragraphs to set up a Live USB with Linux (a Live USB is one which contains an OS you can boot from and use as a normal computer). If you do have a Linux system already, you can skip to the next part of the guide.

CH432 datasheet. Dual-UART expander. Compatible with 16C550. 8-bit parallel port or SPI to UART. Each UART receive/transmit data independently. Up to 4Mbps baud rate. Can be used for MCU dual-UART expansion. CH432 supports full-duplex/half-duplex/infrared modes. The CH341 chip supports a 5V supply voltage or a 3.3V supply voltage. When using a 5V supply voltage, the VCC pin of the CH341 chip inputs an external 5V power supply, and the V3 pin should be externally connected with a power supply decoupling capacitor of 0.01uF to 0.1uF. When working with 3.3V voltage, the V3 pin of the CH341 chip should be connected to the VCC pin, and an external 3.3V power supply is input, and the CH341 core is connected. Basically, the Raspbian project, now called Raspberry Pi OS, put in their repo an update that added a new “trusted” repository, which just so happened to be a Microsoft software repository. They seem to have done this for VS Code, but the problem here is that it gave Microsoft free reign to define whatever dependencies they liked (as per apt-get rules), and every time you updated, you would be pinging Microsoft servers. Do you think that is strange?On all currently supported libreboot hardware, boards that have WSON8 can also have a SOIC8 because the pads are long enough to accomodate either type of chip.

CH438 datasheet. CH438 is an 8-UART extension chip. Each UART receive/transmit has independent 128-byte FIFO. The maximum baud rate is 4Mbps. It supports hardware flow control, compatible with 16C550/16C750. It provides 8-bit parallel interface, used for MCU 8-UART extension. open the computer case, take a picture of the connections so you do not get lost later when you will have to reconnect everything. Do not connect the power source until your chip is otherwise properly wired. For instance, do not connect a test clip that has power attached. If you go for a SOIC8, mounted it to the SOP to DIP adapter (208mil 1.27mm one) and solder 2.54mm headers to it. You could put the 2.54mm pins in a breadboard, then solder the chip to the adapter PCB and mount that to the pins on the breadboard, to keep it aligned, and solder that. Whith the PCB on the pins, and the pins in the breadboard, push the pins inwards a little bit. As I was trying other methods before buying the CH341A programmer, the chip was on a bodged-together carrier board. I thought, however, that my wiring was okay as I could read the correct ID from the chip.There are also some other programmers and boards based on this chip. You can find most of them by searching "CH341A" on Banggood and AliExpress. Here is an overview of the programmers and development boards available:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment