276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Miracle (Collector’s Edition

£131.96£263.92Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Just as revealing – and sure to be prized by the Queen hardcore – are the spoken exchanges between the four members at the Townhouse, Olympic and Mountain Studios, giving listeners a unique snapshot of their friendship and working dynamic. The Miracle Videos includes the five promotional music videos and bonus content on both Blu-ray and DVD formats. Queen’s musical has since opened in Australia, Spain, Las Vegas,USA, Russia, Germany and is scheduled to open in Japan this May.

But perhaps the real gemstones of ‘The Miracle Sessions’ CD are the spoken segments that bookend the musical takes. As the studio tape keeps rolling in London and Montreux, the four members are caught at their most candid, giving listeners the uncanny fly-on-the wall experience of standing amongst Freddie, Brian, John and Roger as they banter, debate, swap jokes and show both joy and occasional frustration.The Miracle (Collector’s Edition) from Queen is a sprawling set featuring the 1989 album, The Miracle, as well as a wealth of unreleased songs, outtakes, and extra-special recordings from the time the record was made the sessions for what turned out to be Queen’s 13th studio release began in 1987 and would mark a change in how the mega-hit quartet worked. This was the album where guitarist Brian May, drummer Roger Taylor, lead vocalist Freddie Mercury, and bassist John Deacon shared songwriting credits equally. Fool that I was. I prefer. Every single alternate take. The only exception is ‘I Want It All’, which has a single and an album version to choose from anyway and my preference would be to splice them all together. (Album version intro, single middle, alternate take bonkers ending.) Includes 'The Miracle Sessions', containing over an hour of unreleased studio recordings including six previously unheard songs – plus intimate fly-on-the-wall audio of the band at work (and play) in the studio.

Heard for the first time in Queen history, the spoken outtakes from ‘The Miracle Sessions’ invite fans onto the studio floor to experience the band’s unvarnished dynamic, more natural and revealing than any ‘official’ press interview. These unguarded exchanges – by turns mischievous, encouraging, witty, even affectionately waspish – capture the band as they truly were during The Miracle’s late bloom, buzzing with renewed enthusiasm at their return to the studio, and driven by a rare chemistry that still threw up sparks. Queen premiere previously unheard Freddie Mercury song Face It Alone". BBC . Retrieved 13 October 2022.Both of these are Brian May compositions. Only the latter was worked on with Freddie Mercury providing vocals. They are both unfinished with their demo versions available in the box set. Presented here for the first time ever: When Love Breaks Up, You Know You Belong To Me, I Guess We’re Falling Out, Dog With a Bone, Water, and Face It Alone. Featuring a plethora of fascinating insights into a hugely pivotal moment in Queen’s storied history, this is The Miracle fans have been waiting for. Tantalizing enough that this hour-plus disc offers the first official airing of such near-mythical songs as “Dog With A Bone”, “I Guess We’re Falling Out”, “You Know You Belong To Me”, and the poignant “Face It Alone”, now available as a single. Add to that, the trove of sunken treasure spanning from original takes and demos to rough cuts that signpost the album The Miracle would become.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment