276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Winning Moves Isle of Wight Monopoly Board Game, Advance to Port St Mary, Tynwald Hill or TT Grandstand and trade your way to success, 2–6 players makes a great gift for ages 8 plus

£16.925£33.85Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They learnt an awful lot. They thought it was just a pipe dream at first, but it was fantastic to see the product - they were all so proud." We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your most recent crossing with us in the Signature Lounge, due to some very extenuating circumstances. I'm sure you would agree that this would be considered an unfortunate one off event. If you have ever wondered what an Isle of Wight version would be like, based on today's house prices, look no further. I looked further into this relationship. If the same data is presented differently, an apparent link can be seen. In this graph, both axes are logarithmic, which has the effect of straightening out the line of best fit. It shows that all the services in my dataset fall fairly close to a line. It also allows us to predict what the actual cost of a ferry crossing might be from the distance covered; if that crossing was also on this same line. We can visually compare how certain ferry services charge more per mile than might be expected for the distance they cover; and some charge less. Notably, the Solent crossings are all fairly close to the best fit line. The Cowes Floating Bridge is one of the furthest away; suggesting that even taking into account the fact that it crosses a short distance, it is still a relatively expensive journey. Figure 2: Y Axis: cost per km. X axis: length of journey in km The sheer cheek to them ‘thank you for travelling with Red Funnel’ is unbelievable. Can’t believe there is no other option to get from Southampton. Total penny pinching monopoly which should not be allowed.

Isle of Wight - Robin Hill or Blackgang Chine? | Mumsnet Isle of Wight - Robin Hill or Blackgang Chine? | Mumsnet

It is one of the island's most picturesque tourist routes but has been hit with coastal erosion problems in recent years. Per mile, the Solent is not the most expensive piece of water to cross even in the Solent area. So it is definitely not the most expensive in the world. Greig, Malcolm and McQuaid, Ronald W (2005) The impact of ferry services on an island economy. In: European Regional Science Association Conference) This bar graph shows the cost, per kilometre, of a return crossing. Solent crossings are highlighted in blue. The Cowes Floating Bridge is shown in yellow. Figure 1 The children successfully pitched the suggestion to Winning Moves UK who licence local versions of the game.These adverts enable local businesses to get in front of their target audience – the local community. The claim I am interested in is that crossing the Solent ‘costs more per mile than any other stretch of water’. I wanted to find out how true that was. I also realise it’s not the only way or even the best way to calculate value for money in ferry pricing, but this was the particular one I chose to look at. You can't get the half price offer at May half term or during the six week school summer holiday. If you want to visit during school holidays then it'll need to be Easter or October half term. Thanks for your review. The amount we received during COVID was not millions and is a matter of public record.

Solent ferry services: regret motion - House of Lords Library Solent ferry services: regret motion - House of Lords Library

Thank you Sarah for your review. We are sorry you feel this way and we appreciate that people always have a choice of who they travel with. We have offered an ongoing 20% discount for Island residents through our Blue card for a decade, demonstrating that we care a great deal about offering the Island community good value fares. Secondly, the same exercise could be done for vehicle travel. That would have a smaller dataset, but it would be useful to see how it compared. The first two red squares on the board would be replaced with streets in Freshwater where the property market is up and coming. House prices are on the increase, the last 12 months alone have seen an increase of 6.5 per cent.As mentioned earlier, it is possible to get 50% off the entry fee if you are accompanied by a Frequent Visitor Pass holder (i.e. annual pass holder).

Isle of Wight Monopoly | Toys | Toy Street UK Isle of Wight Monopoly | Toys | Toy Street UK

The longest journey in the data is the Southampton to New York cruise (far right point). Choosing this was difficult given the wide range of cruise prices, but I chose a return voyage at a standard rate. I had expected that to be far off the chart for price, but amazingly it is pretty close to the line. Understandably it is higher than the expected level, possibly because the facilities on board are significantly better than a ferry, but nonetheless it is interesting to see that the price for a cruise is not dissimilar to that of a normal ferry anywhere else – albeit over a hugely longer distance. Future work Ms Eaton said: "It really motivated them in their learning, they researched the places, gave presentations and were involved in the marketing.It's always an excellent service with brilliant products at a very competitive price - will use again! Another thing I would like to say to hover travel even after all the discussions in the past you still like to keep the isle of wight residents captive on the island keeping us all to rantsom with your unfriendly behaviour and stupid prices towards the people who live on the island. The most expensive ferry in the world: a comparison of the cost of Scottish ferries to cross-Solent ferries was undertaken by Neil Kay, Emeritus Professor in the Economics Department, University of Strathclyde in January 2011 I also don’t think it’s reasonable to include crossings like the hythe ferry and floating bridge where free (road) alternative routes exist. These include a premium for the convenience factor and so are not rwally like for like. Reply

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment