276°
Posted 20 hours ago

One More Chance

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Because we all know that it's different, so, so different when it's that someone who's holding your hand. I am very much looking forward to what's to come, and I have much faith that those things I felt were missing early on in this series are definitely coming. I did hate that people were trying to force her to change her mind and get an abortion, because it is her decision, and if she wants to keep a baby that could kill her, it’s her decision, as much as everyone doesn’t like her decision.

For instance, all of the men could be interchangeable (except for Rush of course), and the female lead is almost always an innocent little goodie girl who enraptures the lead man with a look. Rush and Blair were amazing as always and Nan tried to break through my hatred for her as her thoughts became exposed. Other than people freaking out because she insists on having a child, she ends up fine, with nothing other than a coma.

When he discovered the truth behind her sheltered upbringing, it shattered their relationship, but the secret she carries now has far greater consequences. Why have her have this serious heart condition in which having a child could kill her if she’s going to be fine? I don't know what Abby is planning to do with the donating blood scene but it certainly didn't make me think of Nan as a hero. He had to overcome his reputation as a playboy, and his history with Harlow’s half-sister, Nan, a woman with a reputation of her own. At the same time, though, I felt like it was incredibly selfish for Harlow to insist on going through with the pregnancy.

We watch the young lovers suffer acutely from the separation, desperately missing each other, wishing they never parted ways, but Harlow’s priorities have shifted now and she remains determined to stay hidden from the man she still loves and the media that is still hounding her. I can’t recommend this book enough and I can’t wait to discuss it with everyone… because there is so much to talk about. Overall, this was a good fast read that had the heat and the heart break (the letters were tear inducing). Alongside the character development insight into how parental involvement and the nature of that involvement has on the emotional development of a person was profound and thought provoking. Did not care for the story or the author’s style, but happy the characters were led to an ending they deserved.I became so emotional when Grant begged Harlow for one more chance, asking her to forgive him and start all over again. Because Harlow just can’t be pregnant, she has to be pregnant with a serious, life-threatening heart condition and somehow end up okay. Grant was a big fraidy cat in book one but I didn’t mind because it was believable for a guy to mess up with a great girl like he did.

As we witness their struggle to stay positive, to believe that fate wouldn’t have brought them into each other’s lives only to take it all away, we also get to feel their every fear, their every doubt, their every heartbreak. She didn't have too many scenes with this book, but those small parts made a huge impact especially at the end. We see so much character growth and it was the raw emotion from our protagonists that held the story together beautifully. I also loved how it still had that addictive, irresistible sexiness we’ve come to expect from an Abbi Glines book, but this time, it was their love story that really shined through.The pregnancy could be bad for her and she is told that she might not make it through so instead of telling Grant that she’s even pregnant, she leaves and hides away with her brother. bleh and Harlow was even more bleh seriously she kept going on about how he was such a strong man and how much she loved and respected him and all I could think was erm hello the guy slept with your sister after he treated u like shit when he found out about your illness but instead of making him really work to get u back u fall into his arms like your the one who should be grateful for having him instead of vice versa! But a life-changing secret has torn them apart, and now Grant and Harlow must decide if they have enough fight to make it work - or if the pain of betrayal has permanently destroyed their future. And Harlow thinking she live just based off wanting to be there for her child…hope can go a long way, but again, her pregnancy could very will kill her, and hope can’t overcome that.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment