276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Money Men: A Hot Startup, A Billion Dollar Fraud, A Fight for the Truth

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We gather data from the best available sources, including vendor and retailer listings as well as other relevant and independent reviews sites. As the bread and wine made their ‘rounds, Grandfather prepared himself quietly before offering grace. Gill is a new lawyer on Wirecard’s Asian legal counsel in Singapore and “before anything else, a product of his mother’s determination”, who soon spotted wrongdoing at the company. Instead, the next five minutes would more likely bring the office clerk, who would, as usual, drop one more thick and mundane legal brief in front of me. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.

Cupping her wrinkled hands around the candles that burned steadily at table center, she offered up the Sabbath blessing. We honour Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples' continuous connection to Country, waters, skies and communities.

Outside the office, in the sorting area, a dozen or more men and women in scruffy clothes were weighing and bundling mountains of rags. After finding out a bit more than he should have, alongside fellow newcomer Royston Ng, Gill quietly left Wirecard. McCrum is the investigative journalist at Financial Times who's exposé of the DAX 30 company Wirecard's accounting fraud took their market capitalisation from €24 billion (more than Deutche Bank) to € 0. My mother tugged me by the sleeve, away from dad’s bedside in the Intensive Care Unit and out into the waiting area. From a structural point of view, I enjoyed the fact that the book was divided into two alternate storylines, one chapter each, that ultimately converged: one from the perspective of the events happening inside Wirecard, and one from the author's perspective, as events were happening to him.

The book is written by Dan McCrum, the Financial Times journalist that headlined the articles bringing the company to court. It was partly that inability to really know for sure I understand how global money fraud is committed, even at the end of all of this, that brought this down to a 4 (and no, I don't mean why wasn't this a blueprint to financial crime, I just mean I am not certain off the top of my head I could adequately explain how Wirecard did it, even though I understood how some of the schemes they were running were managing it). I really wanted to be enamored with this book and enjoy it to the degree of Smartest Guys in the Room, Billion Dollar Whale, or Bad Blood. An important read and valuable investigative journalism, but could have been a more interesting book.McCrum is part of the FT investigations team, and in 2020 he was named Journalist of the Year at the British Journalism Awards with his Wirecard scoop. For a few minutes I followed her around the kitchen, talking excitedly as she offered me almond cookies and hazelnut treats before dinner. Another ploy, although merely a stopgap, was to create fake invoices – money owed to Wirecard for licensing fees and consulting which would show up on the balance sheet as receivables, an asset. He was threatened, followed around London, offered money, hacked, subjected to online abuse, and named as the prime suspect in a criminal inquiry.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment