276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nikon L35AF Camera

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The ASA/ISO ranges between 50-1000. Now, when the film is loaded properly, turn on your camera facing the lens and change the ISO that you wish to shoot on. You can do it by rotating the circle on your lens. Along side the vignette, the Nikon L35af’s Sonnar lens is also very contrasty, and is capable plenty of resolution. Not only that, but it doesn’t seem to lose too much of this resolution into the corners. When combined with a film like XP2, the result of this is really punchy photos.

Nikon L35AF - Camera-wiki.org - The free camera encyclopedia

Would I buy it today? Simply no! Why? The main problem with the camera is the high increase in price and primitive and unreliable autofocus. Despite holding my hands steady, the camera struggles a lot in the cloudy weather. I’ve missed so many shots and made a lot of my best photos using this autofocus.In many ways, this camera looks and feels like Minolta AF-S : a little trashy. But I wouldn’t let that deceive you — L35AD2 is a well-made, and expertly thought-out point-and-shoot with a slightly shabby-looking shell. Ignoring the differences that the 8 year newer Nikon has, these cameras are still very comparable. Auto focus is only possible in the center of the frame. The focus area is indicated by a pill-shaped circle in the center of the viewfinder. If you want to focus on something that’s not in the center, you can half press and hold the shutter release with what you want to focus on in the center of the image, but then recompose the image while still half pressing the shutter release and the camera will remember the original focus location when you press the shutter release the rest of the way. The AF3 has a green focus confirmation LED that will illuminate in the viewfinder to confirm that the camera has what it thinks is correct focus. You just have to trust it as there is no type of rangefinder or through the lens confirmation. The camera is designed to flash the green light if focus cannot be obtained either due to being too close to the subject or a scene that’s too dark. That said, I hate the shutter button of the L35AF, as I find it too “mushy”. My favorite shutter button of all compacts I tried during the years, as of now, is the one of the original Olympus XA. It was a real hair-trigger! Really useful for catching the right moment. The lens is super sharp, too, especially for a camera that’s nearly 4 decades old. It’s this tiny, nearly perfect 35mm beauty that’s made the L35AF a bit of a collector’s item (though certainly not on the level of the fabled MJU II). Circles and Boxes

Nikon L35AF 35mm Film Point and Shoot Compact Camera with Nikon L35AF 35mm Film Point and Shoot Compact Camera with

Speaking of the batteries, they are a pain to eject from the camera. The cover under which they’re hosted (at the bottom) is not well-made. It’s identical to that of the Pentax PC35AF — another great point-and-shoot with limited flaws — which comes with flimsiness but also requires you to shake your Nikon violently until the first one pops out. This was my experience; I hope yours isn’t as bad. Similar accuracy characterizes the autoexposure system of the Nikon L35AW. It uses a CdS cell to control exposures from EV6 (f/2.8 at 1/8th of a second) to EV17 (f/17.5 at 1/430th of a second) at ISO 100. In low light, the shutter (which also acts as the aperture) can remain open for approximately two seconds, though it’s important for the photographer to remember to continue holding the shutter release button until the shutter closes. Releasing the shutter release button before the camera has cycled through a long exposure will cancel the exposure and close the shutter prematurely, resulting in an under-exposed shot.If you enjoy my blog and want to help me continue creating content, there are several ways you can support me: But really great cameras have a distinctive look and feel that’s true to the scene, but also somehow enhances it. Leica is famous for this (Google “Leica look”), and it’s why I use their cameras almost exclusively for my digital work (and pay accordingly for them).

Nikon L35AF – Pikaichi - Photo Thinking - Camera Review

So this is somewhat of a review of one I kept – my favorite one: Nikon’s “Pikaichi”, the L35AF – but more like a field report on the pros and cons of other models as well.Thankfully, the camera does work just about enough of the time to use it. My patience doesn’t stretch to reviewing a camera that’s entirely broken, but I can just about cope with it being a little bit broken. Not so with the L35AF. The camera has a 35mm, five element lens. That’s some serious engineering for a point and shoot. And it’s fast, too, with an F2.8 aperture that lets in loads of light for cameras in its class.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment