276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Heart Bones

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For her sake, that’s the version of her I’m going to choose to miss. The person she never had the chance to be.

It has been so long since I've sat down and read a full length novel in one sitting, but that is exactly what I did with Heart Bones. Colleen Hoover wrote such a beautiful book that made me feel so deeply. It was one of those books that captivated me from the start and I never wanted to put it down... so I didn't.Beyah’s first interaction with Samson is something she would rather forget, they both made assumptions about each other which lead to her disliking him. However, he is in Sarah’s circle of friends so she can’t avoid seeing him and eventually they figure out they have more in common than they realised. Samson is reluctant to share too much about himself with Beyah, she can’t help but overshare with him and she doesn’t know why really, she just feels comfortable talking to him. This book was really sweet, but also really sad and heartbreaking. in this story we follow this young girl named Beyah, who lives in a trailer park with an addict for a Mother. Her life seems to be falling apart when her Mother dies of an overdose and she finds herself homeless in the summer after her senior year of high school. So she calls her birth Father who she barely ever see anymore and asks to stay with him for the summer. This is a romance story about two broken people finding hope in each other again, as well as a coming of age story.

With characters drawn together by shared abandonment issues, this angsty romantic suspenser ends with a hopeful happily-ever-after... Hoover's ardent fans will be thrilled. Booklist Maybe I'm finally outgrowing the new adult genre. (Say it ain't so!) At the risk of dating myself, it's been almost two decades since I was the age of the characters in this book. And even though I'd like to think I remain young at heart, I suppose there is a limit. My reading preferences can only remain that young for so long, especially when it comes to angsty romances. This story was different than any I had read before. It’s funny how in romance there are so many plots and tropes that are used over and over again and we can still like them, because the minutia is different. The interactions between the characters is different in each one. In this book both Samson and Beyah had secrets about their pasts. Beyah started opening up to Samson right away because she saw him as a kindred spirit. The writing is good as always. Never a dull moment but yes, the explicit scenes go on and on and on like it fills up some chapters entirely towards the second half of the book when all I needed was answers and more character development and secret revelations. And yes, it didn't do much in the end. And yes, expect lots of drama towards the end. Beyah is very young, but in her young age she has had to go through too many bad experiences and her reality is far from being even acceptable.

Customer reviews

A young adult romance about revealing the darkest secrets, trying to trust again and defining what family means.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment