276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Glamcor Riki Skinny Vanity Makeup Mirror with Selfie Function and Magnification Mirror Attachment (Black, 5X Magnification)

£109.05£218.10Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Riki Loves Riki claims their LED lights have a high color rendering index (CRI), which refers to the light source's ability to reveal color accurately—this is the type of light you'd want in a museum or photography studio, and it's also a great feature to include in a makeup light. While this mirror is certainly an investment, it's a great compact option that's valued for its quality and universality. Tarryn Feldman is a hair and makeup artist who works in both Nashville and Los Angeles. Her celebrity clients include Kelsea Ballerini and Jennifer Nettles. PHONE HOLDER - Consider the RIKI SKINNY vanity mirror a video lighting kit with phone holder. Which means you can mount your phone onto the mirror, and start record video, doing ZOOM calls, watch Youtube videos. The Riki Skinny runs on a rechargeable battery, so you can place it virtually anywhere. It also feels durable and unlikely to break. However, it's not the smallest or lightest option, and it doesn't come with a carrying case, so it wouldn't be our first choice for traveling. While we wish the price was more accessible, this lighted vanity mirror was an all-around hit. NO DISTORTION - RIKI SKINNY vanity mirror is made with high-end crystal clear glass. Never have to worry about seeing yourself being distorted into the mirror.

This is a matter of personal preference. But if you tend to get super precise with your makeup application, you may want to go with a mirror that does magnify, like the Glamcor Riki Skinny Smart Vanity Mirror.RECHARGEABLE - This RIKI SKINNY vanity mirror with lights and magnifying mirror with lights is powered by battery, no messy cords to take up space on your bathroom countertop or vanity. Tarryn Feldman is a hair and makeup artist who works in both Nashville and Los Angeles. Her celebrity clients include Kelsea Ballerini and Jennifer Nettles. What to Look For In a Lighted Travel Makeup Mirror Lighting You might think any mirror suffices as a suitable vanity mirror, but these days you can find a glamorous lighted makeup mirror that fits your precise needs—whether you want a full-on Hollywood mirror lined in flashy lightbulbs, a more modest makeup mirror that’s rectangular or round in design, or a portable compact makeup mirror. Maybe you’re on the hunt for a mirror that offers varying levels of magnification (from 1x magnification to 10x magnification) to help you tweeze pesky hairs or apply the perfect liquid eyeliner or mascara coat. Most makeup mirrors on the market are rechargeable, double-sided, trifold, and adjustable so you can see every angle. These mirrors are powered by LED lights (which don’t burn out or grow too hot) and most offer a range of dimmable brightness levels as well as options for light settings (so that you can adjust your makeup routine for natural light, fluorescent light, or warmer date-night light). Hell, there are even smart beauty mirrors that include Bluetooth, skin analysis, social-media syncing, and USB ports for charging your phone.

The primary issue I encountered with the Riki Skinny mirror was its brightness. While many makeup mirrors are designed to provide excellent lighting for precise makeup application, this one seemed excessively bright to the point of discomfort. It felt more like a spotlight on my face rather than flattering illumination. Adjusting the brightness settings didn't seem to alleviate the issue, and I found myself squinting and straining my eyes while using it.Our first choice for a makeup mirror is the Riki Skinny ( view at Ulta) since it's durable, lightweight, and has high-quality lighting, not to mention extra features like Bluetooth capability and a phone mount. What to Look for in a Makeup Mirror? Size To get as precise an application as possible, look for lighted mirrors that mimic natural light. Anything too bright or too dark won’t give you a proper portrayal of what your makeup looks like out in the wild. There's a bonus if you find a model with adjustable light. That way, you can more accurately imitate the outdoor light, whether sunny or cloudy. As any photographer, pro makeup artist, or selfie aficionado will tell you, good lighting is imperative. It truly can make all the difference between makeup application that looks beautiful and natural versus unknowingly ending up with unblended color streaks. Enter the beauty of a lighted mirror, which makes it easy to have perfect lighting, anytime, anywhere—and even more so when it’s a travel-friendly version. I'm able to see my pores very clearly and get a close-up with the magnifying mirror option," one tester noted. "This would especially be useful when working on your eyes to blend in eyeshadow or tweezing your brows." Makeup mirrors come in all shapes and sizes, and you will want to choose the style that best suits your lifestyle. If you travel frequently, a mirror that is more compact will serve you best, but if you plan to keep your mirror in the bathroom or on a vanity at home, you may wish to consider purchasing a larger piece.

The Riki Super Fine gives you 7x the magnifying power and mounts right on the Riki Skinny so I will probably be adding this for more intense magnification (I don’t want to miss any stray hairs or peach fuzz…yikes). While it may seem simple, the Riki Skinny has been a game-changer for my morning beauty routine. I can honestly say, the lighting from the mirror is INSANE and my make-up looks so much better since I ditched my ‘Super Human’ brand. I doubt I will travel with this as I’m not that big of a make-up junkie but the smaller Riki Cutie mirror is super handy. The mirror itself is like a handheld tablet…think a big Ipad! It comes with an adjustable stand, an internal battery and international USB charger, a magnetic phone holder as well as a circular 3x magnifying mirror which both have built-in magnets that can be firmly attached to the mirror. You also receive a very-easy-to-use instruction manual to get you up and going in no time.

Our top picks

A great feature of the Riki Skinny is its bluetooth functionality, allowing you to easily take a selfie, do live broadcasting, video recording, and tutorials. With many of us now working from home, this could be a difference maker. You basically attach your phone into the clip accessory and it magnetizes to the mirror for the perfect angle without awkwardly trying to balance your phone on the counter. My Honest Review: We love that this is a great lighted mirror that's small enough for travel, but the carrying case is sold separately, which is less than ideal. This mirror's clip-on phone mount can be used for selfies, following step-by-step makeup tutorials, or good lighting on Zoom. Also included is a round magnetic mirror with 5 times magnification, which works well for close-up needs like eyeliner and eyeshadow application. Reminiscent of a 1920s TV set with the smarts of Cher Horowitz's closet, there's much to admire about the HiMirror Mini. Though the instructions were a little confusing, our tester said that there are tons of high-tech features, including a wireless phone-charging pad, a skin analyzer, intelligent recommendations, and a product-management system that helps you take inventory of your cosmetics. Anyone who's ever done their makeup in a poorly lit room knows the horror of heading out in public, only to realize that things weren't as blended as they thought. Applying your products near a large window during the day is ideal. But not everyone has the luxury of a window-side vanity, and even if you do, you'll still need a solution when the sun's not up.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment