276°
Posted 20 hours ago

What's Happening to Me?: Boy (Facts Of Life) (What and Why)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is a short, easy to read book that goes over, at a very high level, the basic aspects of puberty for girls. It also has a brief section that talks about boys' changes, too. I was really impressed with the quality of the information provided in such a short book. Habla varias páginas del periodo de una forma muy simple. Les dice cómo usar toallas y tampones, incluso habla del síndrome de choque tóxico ligado a los tampones y la necesidad de cambiarlos de forma constante y de no usarlos en la noche.

Creo que presenta la información de forma puntual, objetiva y muy digerible para una pre-adolescente. Ese momento de empezar a planear las conversaciones que preparen a mi hija mayor, primero, para enfrentar su adolescencia y todas las inquietudes que devienen con ello. The first half of the book is all "We're going to talk about puberty", "puberty is what we're going to talk about", "get ready to talk about puberty" - etc. I grew bored and so did my kids. It's like a novel with 7 prologues. For more than twenty years, the internationally bestselling team behind Where Did I Come From? has helped millions of parents and children talk about the facts of life in a straightforward yet lighthearted way that is respectful of young people’s natural intelligence. Warmly and relatably illustrated throughout, What’s Happening to Me? creates a safe space where families can talk about the physical and emotional changes that happen during puberty and adolescence, answering the questions that kids ask most often.One thing I didn't like is that the book assumes a level of knowledge. What I mean is, it goes right into talking about how semen want to get out of erect penises to go make babies, without covering how exactly babies are made. This book is for 9 - 12 year olds who should have some basic knowledge but I think a brief refresher (instead of all the filler in the beginning) would be good. Growing up is a whole lot easier if you have some idea what to expect. This book describes exactly what will happen to your body in a straightforward, easy-to-understand way, and it explains some of your feelings too - all you need to know for this important time in your life. This is a highly illustrated ebook that can only be read on the Kindle Fire or other tablet. For more than twenty years, the internationally bestselling team behind Where Did I Come From? has helped millions of parents and children talk about the facts of life in a straightforward yet lighthearted way that is respectful of young people’s natural intelligence. Warmly and relatably illustrated throughout, What’s Happening to Me? creates a safe space where families can talk about the physical and emotional changes that happen during puberty and adolescence, answering the questions that kids ask most often.

Topics are covered enough to answer the basic question (What's happening to me?), but if the reader has more in-depth questions about anything, they will probably need additional resources. Periods, pads, tampons (No mention of period underwear, menstrual cups or other alternatives to pads/tampons)This book answers the big questions, and explains the big changes. One look at the illustrations will tell you that this is not a dull medical textbook but rather it presents the facts of puberty, and it presents them with honesty, sympathy and a sense of humor. If you’ve been wondering how to have this talk with your children, look no further for a trusted resource that will give you the tools you need to share this critical information sensitively and factually. Le voy a dar este libro, pero primero lo estoy leyendo yo para que no me agarre en curva con preguntas después. Hasta ahora veo que sí les habla de sexo en el contexto de cómo se procrean hijos, que se tiene sexo por razones ajenas a la procreación y de la anticoncepción, condones específicamente. En lo sexual, les habla también de la autoexploración y del orgasmo. Además, les explica los cambios de los niños en la adolescencia y la anatomía de los hombres. Y que durante esta edad pueden empezar a sentir atracción por otras personas (del sexo opuesto, mismo sexo o ambas).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment