276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lemongrass Dried, Premium Quality, Free P&P to The UK (50g)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The simplest way to use lemongrass is to place the prepared lemongrass stem whole in soups, curries, and when steaming or poaching foods. For a more intense flavor you can cut the lemongrass into shorter sections.

If you store lemongrass correctly, it lasts a long time. Wrap it in plastic and it can be kept in the fridge for a few weeks. Or you can freeze it for up to six months (also wrapped in plastic), without losing the herb’s unique flavour. If you have dry or powdered lemongrass, store it in an airtight container in a cool and dry place. Substitutes for lemongrass This is a bit of a cop-out, but if you’re at the store and they’ve run out of whole lemongrass, then lemongrass paste is the next best thing. Kaffir lime leaves can be used as a substitute as they produce a citrus flavor like lemongrass. You can either use it as a whole or slit it to remove the midrib before adding it to your dish. If you want to enhance your curry or soup's citrus flavor, consider combining the kaffir leaves with lemon juice and lime zest.For instance, if your recipe demands using one stalk of lemongrass, you may consider using one teaspoon of dried lemongrass as a substitute. 3. Kaffir Lime Leaves A good rule of thumb is to use one teaspoon of dried lemongrass for every stalk of fresh lemongrass called for in the recipe. Fresh Coriander Stalks and Ginger Dehydrating lemongrass in a food dehydrator helps retain its vibrant color and aromatic properties without burning it.

In my opinion, lemongrass has three primary flavors: lemony, bitter, and herby? I don’t even think “herby” is a word, but it just tastes like you’re eating a plant. Lemongrass tea is really easy to make. It can be made on the stovetop or in the Instant Pot. I like to make it in the Instant Pot as it requires no monitoring and I can plan it as per my schedule and use the delay timer to make this refreshing beverage when I need it.Make sure that you freeze the lemongrass at 0°F for the best results. I kept stalks that had dried out in my fridge for weeks.

It’s definitely a close-run thing but if you could choose any of the options available I’d suggest that you go for chopped lemon balm. This is because it has a great flavor profile and can add a different dimension to your meal. In terms of availability, lemon zest may be the most practical substitute for lemongrass as you can almost always grab a lemon from your local store if you’re in a hurry.

🍪 Privacy & Transparency

All of that said, I’m a big fan of experimentation in the kitchen so I suggest you keep each of these lemongrass replacement options in mind and test them out yourself whenever you can – you never know when you might find a new favorite ingredient! Can You Freeze Lemongrass? You can also use lemongrass in recipes where it will be consumed. However, the lemongrass stem is too fibrous and tough to be eaten as it is.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment