276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Moonage Daydream – A Brett Morgen Film

£30.895£61.79Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In 2021, Variety reported that Brett Morgen had been developing a film based on David Bowie, "for which an official title has not been disclosed, for the last four years." [5] It is the first film to be officially authorized by Bowie's estate. [5] [6] Working in cooperation with the estate, Morgen was granted access to an archive of five million different items, including paintings, drawings, recordings, photographs, films, and journals. [1] [10] Tony Visconti, who spent years as Bowie's producer, serves as the film's music producer. [5] [7] Marketing [ edit ] Moonage Daydream compiles rarities, live recordings, and new versions of song’s lifted from the icon’s extensive catalogue. The album is being released via Parlophone. The forthcoming Moonage Daydream documentary film, which chronicles the life and exploits of David Bowie, will be released in tandem with a new rarities compilation this autumn. My records were selling and I was being a man in demand … Then my friend came to mind, standing the way we stood in Bewlay Brothers and I wrote “Moonage Daydream.”

Moonage Daydream - David Bowie

Neglia, Matt (11 December 2022). "The 2022 St. Louis Film Critics Association (StLFCA) Nominations". NextBestPicture . Retrieved 11 December 2022.a b c d e f g P, Maddie (17 July 2022). " 'Moonage Daydream': Release Date, Details, Trailer, and Everything We Know So Far". Collider . Retrieved 2 August 2022. Davis, Clayton (17 October 2022). " 'Fire of Love' and 'Good Night Oppy' Lead Critics Choice Documentary Award Nominations". Variety . Retrieved 17 October 2022.

Moonage Daydream 3-disc vinyl due next month — David Bowie

Verhoeven, Beatrice (5 January 2023). "Oscars: Tales of Artistry, Environmental Activism and Political Struggle Lead the Documentary Feature Race". The Hollywood Reporter . Retrieved 27 January 2023. John Warhurst, Nina Hartstone, Jens Rosenlund Petersen, Samir Foco, James Shirley, Elliott Koretz, Amy Felton, Louise Burton, Brett Morgen Neglia, Matt (22 January 2023). "The 2022 Vancouver Film Critics Circle (VFCC) Nominations". NextBestPicture . Retrieved 23 January 2023. The documentary uses a montage-style editing format to convey a biography of Bowie, utilizing film clips and interviews from throughout his career. [9] The film starts with a 2002 quote of Bowie stating:I liked “Moonage Daydream.” I liked “Ziggy” as well and “Hang Onto Yourself.” But “Moonage Daydream”, I think, had a lot of feel. I think it had more feel on-stage than it did on the album. When we used to do it on-stage it used to be fantastic. It really used to get the kids going. That would start the kids off. When they wanted to go – we would do that number about four before the end. and that would lift the audience up . I think the audience liked to hear it live. Every night you knew that “Moonage Daydream” was going to be the one that really lifted them. Then we’d go and follow on from there to the end. Bowie's third phase is covered by showing him appearing in his tailored Savile Row double breasted business suits and appearing in duets with multiple established artists such as Tina Turner and others. He is depicted as having entered the height of his career and formed a new life style with his new wife Iman Abdulmajid. Bowie dies at the age of 69.

Moonage Daydream Limited 3LP Set | What Records

The film is divided into nearly two dozen "chapters" in the DVD release with the first hour covering Bowie starting in London up to his departure to West Berlin. The second part of the film discussed and presents Bowie's extensive interests in the arts while in West Berlin outside of the music industry, such as his interest in oil painting and acrylic painting, as well as his interest in writing within the literary arts. Many examples of Bowie's portrait work in oils are presented showing the use of a modern representational style of portraiture combined with an experimental color palette for brightly lit representations in nearly kaleidoscopic color preferences for facial expressions. In his third phase covered in the last part of the film, Bowie emerges from a two year hiatus where he remakes himself in the image of a suave musical artist often dressed in tailored Saville Row double breasted men's business suits. Jones, Marcus (10 November 2022). " 'Fire of Love' and 'The Territory' Lead 2023 Cinema Eye Honors Nonfiction Film Nominees". IndieWire . Retrieved 10 November 2022. a b c d Ravindran, Manori (18 November 2021). "David Bowie Film, Based on 'Thousands' of Hours of Rare Footage, Coming From Director Brett Morgen (Exclusive)". Variety . Retrieved 2 August 2022.Kreps, Daniel (27 July 2022). " 'Moonage Daydream': Freak Out on the New Trailer for David Bowie Documentary". Rolling Stone . Retrieved 2 August 2022. At the turn of the 20th century, Friedrich Nietzsche proclaimed that God is dead and that man had killed him." "This created an arrogance with man that he himself was God. But as God, all he could seem to produce was disaster." "That led to a terrifying confusion: for if we could not take the place of God, how could we fill the space we had created within ourselves?" Peter Bradshaw, in his review of the film for The Guardian, gave it a score of five out of five stars. [18] He called the film "a glorious celebratory montage", and wrote favourably of how the film "shows that his fans, especially the ecstatic young people at the Hammersmith Odeon and Earl's Court shows, were not different from Bowie: they became Bowie. Overwhelmed, transfigured, their faces looked like his face." [18] Robert Daniels, writing for RogerEbert.com, praised the film's editing, and called it "a bombastic, overstimulating, poignant, life-affirming, and risk-taking summation of the artist's ethos and maturation as a person. In short, Moonage Daydream is the film Bowie would've proudly made." [19] Fionnuala Halligan of Screen Daily called the film "a pristine sensory voyage, with astonishing sound", and lauded its presentation as "skilled and satisfyingly unconventional". [20] Pakistani trans drama wins Cannes 'Queer Palm' award". France 24. 27 May 2022 . Retrieved 28 May 2022.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment