276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Life and Rugby: The Autobiography

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Told with unflinching honesty, the book spans Eddie's career as one of the most experienced and decorated coaches in world rugby. Likewise, until recently the British media has loved having him to toss them tasty titbits to fill their columns.

My Life and Rugby: The Autobiography by Eddie Jones | WHSmith

For the first time, Eddie Jones shows just what it takes to be a leader in a high performance and high pressure environment and how these lessons can be applied to every walk of life, from coaching the U9 rugby team to leading a multinational organization to simply doing your job better. He said that on one occasion after a furious argument with the ARU's Head of High-Performance Brett Robinson, Eddie stormed out of Robinson's office and slammed the door so hard it broke the lock. Eddie Jones celebrates with his Japan players after their win over South Africa in the 2015 World Cup.I'm no Rugby Union tragic but didn't feel alienated by the content and felt value from the lessons contained within. As he explains the High Performance Cycle of Success at the heart of his philosophy, Eddie Jones reveals the lessons he has learnt from Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Pep Guardiola as well as from the founder of Uniqlo and Ron Adams from the NBA. That was one of the nice things because there’s no need for them to say anything now because you’re not going to progress their careers. Could he have done more to generate the synergy that was missing between him and some of his assistant coaches? The idea that Rassie Erasmus, South Africa’s mischievous director of rugby, might now offer Jones a role is startling.

Leadership, Lessons From My Life in Rugby by Eddie Jones Leadership, Lessons From My Life in Rugby by Eddie Jones

Having been working in the UK for two years as sports correspondent for a major Australian media group, I'd seen the English press in action up close and I knew that when they got a sniff of blood, they were as ruthless as a Great White shark. Photograph: Andrew Boyers/Action Images via Reuters Eddie Jones at the Barbarians’ match against Fiji at Twickenham on Saturday.

Eddie Jones, who made his name playing for Randwick in Shute Shield before a storied coaching career is a polarising figure for many players, coaches, administrators and fans.

Eddie Jones: I made two selection mistakes in World England’s Eddie Jones: I made two selection mistakes in World

All three were very tough men, all had a vision of where they wanted to go, and Dylan was an exceptional leader of men. Trouble was, when the British press starting baying for Eddie's head after last month's 27-13 loss to the Springboks at Twickenham, Smith's words didn't apply.But what WAS instructive was his learning methodologies and his embrace of changing attitudes, especially in a sport that seems so hyper masculine. He also gives a detailed analysis of his own performance as a coach as well as how he gets the best out of the players and coaches around him and what he saw in Tom Curry that no one else saw, which makes him think that he could be the next Richie McCaw. After England had dominated Australia in the quarter-final, they stunned the defending champions New Zealand in the semi‑final and Jones fielded the same starting XV that beat the All Blacks against South Africa, but the move backfired. In My Life and Rugby he tells his story for the first time, including the full inside account of England’s 2019 World Cup campaign.

Eddie Jones drove players and coaches to breaking point Eddie Jones drove players and coaches to breaking point

In recent days as the 'Sack Eddie Jones' campaign gained momentum, there has been a lot written and said about the fact that some of his assistant coaches were considering quitting. He reaches out to people across the globe to learn from different sports coaches and different disciplines that will help him be a better coach, while also stoking a desire to be coached himself (and he shares the feedback with readers).Dual international Wendell Sailor told how, after he was banned for cocaine use, he was cut off by Rugby Australia but Jones would ring regularly to check on the welfare of him and his family. With just five wins and a draw from 12 Tests in 2022 – England's worst season since 2008 - it was no surprise that England rugby CEO Bill Sweeney expressed being 'really disappointed' by the team's performance. I’m not under constant scrutiny and I don’t get noticed a lot so I can go about my business fairly unencumbered.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment