276°
Posted 20 hours ago

As Old as Time: A Twisted Tale

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Stunned and confused by the revelation, Belle and the Beast must work together to unravel years of mystery. Enchantress lady decides to curse an 11 year old boy (whose parents had just died) to find out if he'd be as terrible a ruler as his parents. Overall, I thought this was a wonderful re-imagination of a classic fairy tale and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it! Dust Jackets are not guaranteed and when still present, they will have various degrees of tear and damage. I realized that I need to dnf this today when I was supposed to read six chapters and two hours passed and I had only read two and a half chapters.

I feel like the first chunk of the book was written just in case someone didn't know the story or the book. This third installment in Disney's Twisted Tales series asks, what if Belle's mom had been the one to curse the Beast? The first book in this series about Aladdin was a huge disappointment, but the second one about Aurora was actually very good (though it seems most everyone else doesn't agree with me on that). So, in this retelling Belle’s mother is the sorcerer that cursed the Beast at the beginning of the story. Repulsed by her haggard appearance, the Prince sneered at the gift and turned the old woman away- although she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for true beauty is found within.You took one of the most beloved movies of all time, ripped the heart out of it, and stomped it down into a pile of steaming goat feces. And, stranger still, she sees that her beautiful mother is none other than the enchantress who cursed the castle and all its inhabitants.

I’m really excited about combining my love of Disney with my love of reading an as a result might be a little biased. I really liked the back-and-forth narrative, that told both a past tale alongside Belle's present one. Since we had Maurice's backstory going on alongside Belle's present-day storyline, we knew everything Belle was going to figure out before SHE did.The development of Belle and the Beast was great and I actually bought that Belle fell in love with him in this one. En esta serie de “Cuentos Retorcidos” podemos encontrar nuestras historias favoritas con un giro en trama que nos cambia totalmente todo. Belle is characterized slightly differently than the Belle I know from the movie, but not enough for me to get annoyed over it. For example, we don't get a be our guest scene, but we do get a here's some food and wine and no we are not talking to you about anything.

Mich haben die Intrigen im Hintergrund und das Schicksal, das über Generationen seine Finger im Spiel hatte, wirklich für sich einnehmen können. I may have watched both the disney animation and the live action movie of beauty and beast a thousand time, and I would never get tired of that specially with this book, with the same well known story, I feel like I was back in that story again. Sort of an alternate universe take on the original flick's story, this one illustrates an interesting scenario; since the film has become old hat to me, it was great to see a different take on it.

As Old as Time is the third book in the hit YA line that reimagines classic Disney stories in surprising new ways. The closest thing we go to an "I love you" was a soppy, out of character line: "You may be a beast, but you are my Prince. There was more depth than I thought there was going to be, and I was honestly far more interested in this version of the story than I thought possible. For more twisted adventures, try the other books in the A TWISTED TALE series: A Whole New World by Liz BraswellOnce Upon a Dream by Liz BraswellReflection by Elizabeth LimPart of Your World by Liz BraswellMirror, Mirror by Jen CalonitaConceal, Don't Feel by Jen CalonitaStraight On Till Morning by Liz BraswellSo This is Love by Elizabeth LimUnbirthday by Liz BraswellGo the Distance by Jen CalonitaWhat Once Was Mine by Liz Braswell "What if Belle's mother cursed the Beast? The ending leaves things on a totally different note than the Disney movie and I wonder how much better the movie would have been if it changed things to what Braswell did.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment