276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Soul Eater: M/M Fantasy Romance (Monstrous)

£4.62£9.24Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Somehow, that simple pit stop turns into a seemingly impossible quest to get this camp’s missing leader out of the prison where he’s being held and forced to fight monsters and other humans. And I know exactly where it is, because I’ve been there. Also, we get a little more into his feelings about Wyn and Danny. And that he also has some plans to try out a human of his own...or Wyn's human, which...uh, good look Orlith lol. That'll end well 😂

He was apparently one of several monsters that made up the Hunt, with Northern America his turf. He’d been shot at, stabbed, disembowelled, set on fire, blown up by several land mines, doused in acid… Whatever method of killing someone you can imagine, it’d been attempted to take out Wyn. None of them had worked. Wyn and Danny's book (the first in the Monstrous series) is intense and dark. It's sexy, yes, with moments of banter, but it isn't a lighthearted book. Life as a raider in the Wastes, where monsters roam and the military lurks, is as easy as it sounds. Never thought I would describe a monster as sweet, conscientious, protective and possessive. But that’s exactly what Wyn is, he’s freaking perfect. the amount of power Danny has over Wyn… love that. all Danny has to do is look at Wyn with his puppy eyes and he’ll give in… so cute!One where humans live in military-controlled, cramped and dirty cities along the coasts, and the majority of the United States is known as the Wastes. A lawless, desolate and dangerous place, teeming with monsters that have claimed the land for their own. I was born the night monsters rose on earth. I’m a true child of the new world. I’ve never met a single other soul except for my dad, who decided to keep us out here in the Wastes when he escaped with me from the hospital that catastrophic night.

Danny is cannon fodder, and he knows it. So when he’s sent out with others to ambush and capture the powerful Soul Eater, a monster that seemingly feeds on humans and leaves only empty husks in his wake, he’s more that surprised that the monster in question leaves him alive. His superiors forced him to meet Wyn (said Soul Eater) again and again, trying to find out more about him. Needless to say, Wyn is more powerful that he’s led them believe and he escapes with Danny. This is reminding me why Wyn and Danny are my favorite couple. Aury and Gage may be intense but Wyn and Danny are everything. I wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him tighter to me. “You were always meant to meet me. You’re mine.” (。’▽’。)♡Want to find out more about Wyn’s ex Orlith? In this collection, you can take a peek at some very old letters between the two telyths, read Orlith’s historic (pre-Danny) attempts to seduce our favourite grumpy Soul Eater, and meet his uptight and righteous older sibling. Danny (23) ✦ — He despises being in the military and doesn’t feel like he fits there. He has no family left and he hasn’t had one single friend in his life but the last thing he would ever want to do is hurt someone. Danny has had a tough life but he’s still hopeful and optimistic despite the circumstances. He’s fiercely brave but he still has his own insecurities. He’s a character who is easy to adore and cherish. I’d do anything for him if someone hurt him (and so would Wyn).

I thought I’d not be able to love a monster more than Moth, and then we have Seraph and I’m a puddle. When I realized he used to be human I had to put down my kindle for a while to think about it. He goes through so much and yet emerges such a strong and serene person. When he and hundreds of other shoulders are sent out to try to kill Wyn, the Soul Eater, it's a blood bath. Well, they're there to be lambs to the slaughter, used to try to distract Wyn so another unit could try to capture him. Ruke and Jamie.... OMG the overload sweetness... Just plain simple and perfect. I love this courting thing... the exchange of gifts, the discovery of their bodies differences and the acceptance is something that I love about monstrous and Lily's writing. Can't wait to see more of them and how they will interact with all our favorite humans and monsters!Wyn gave touch him and you die and he’d protect Danny with his whole life. He would search every piece of land on earth if it meant getting what Danny needed. And how Danny never wanted to leave Wyn’s side even if it meant he was putting his life on the line. They are true soulmates and it showed in the little thing they did for each other 🥺 I already used Lily’s short stories to revisit the series, and now I’m happy to see it in a beautiful collection. You should pay closer attention to the cover too! It was made by the stellar artist Virginie Mechant, and I spent a fun time connecting her designs to the characters. Also pro tip! Read the Author’s Notes! It’s quite informative about Ruke, and the quote from Rig is hilarious!

So sweet, so loyal, so adorable and loving. To get Wyn’s POV through most of this was pure magic because you now understand just how deeply he loves Danny. It’s freaking beautiful! Sometime in the future, a tear has opened up between our world and another. One that’s full of monsters. They flooded in, the army responded, and now much of the USA is uninhabitable. People are crammed into cities in the so-called safe zones on either coast, and the wide swathes of the centre of the country are known as the Wastes, full of monsters and raiders and general unsavoury types. These two did not only get put into my fav couples shelf but they are now one of my ultimate fav couples of all time (like top 5). I’ve always had a solid top 5 and it hasn’t changed in ages but Danny and Wyn completely obliterated it. They had me so spellbound, I could not stop reading. I would read countless books about Wyn and Danny, it could be about them just sitting there eating plain cereal and I’d be in love. I’m not used to reading fantasy, but this world was so fascinating and then the romance was perfection on top of that. also, Ara and Hag??? i want them to have a whole book too. i just want all the books... please just let this series have 20 books…🥺… please?? Lesley is an actor and award-winning audiobook narrator performing professionally for the past 15 years. Most well known for the bestselling Tales from Verania series, The Extraordinaries and the At First Sight series. He is on the roster for many audiobook publishers and producers such as Tantor, Macmillan Tor, BeeAudio as well as for a litany of indie authors like Garrett Leigh, Gail Carriger and Alice Winters. His theatrical training has influenced and inscribed an ability to reach depth and idiosyncrasy for bringing a story to life. And with five years of improv, a sense of spontaneity and play that affects surprising authenticity. Winner for several Audiobook reader awards and winner for Goodreads Audiobook of the Year. His aspiration is to bring a fusion to audiobooks with drama, inhabiting a radio play's potential in every work. He lives in Pittsburgh, PA and is absolutely swallowed up by its honest, modest beauty and mesmerizing, radical history._

Hurt/comfort (not for those with weak stomachs, but the book is set in a cruel dystopia after all).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment