276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hi-Gear 20 Litre Electric Cooler Box powered by 12V in-car Socket with Integrated Handle, Portable Electric Cool Box for Camping and Festivals, Camping Equipment, Grey, One Size

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You may also want to consider the insulation of the cool box, as this can affect how well it keeps your food and drinks cold. A well insulated cool box will keep your items colder for longer periods of time. Compared with the Mobicool MV30, the LEISURE DIRECT 32L offers a larger capacity of 32 litres, providing even more space for storing items. It shares a similar cooling performance, capable of cooling down up to 18°C below the ambient temperature. The LEISURE DIRECT 32L distinguishes itself by offering dual power options, allowing users to supply power either through a 220V outlet or a 12V vehicle cigarette lighter. This flexibility makes it suitable for various situations and settings. I recently used the Allied UK 24L Electric Cool Box during a weekend camping trip, and I must say that its performance exceeded my expectations. The large 24L capacity allowed me to store enough food and drinks for the entire journey. It is made of hard-wearing plastic, which means it can handle rough treatment during outdoor adventures.

Remember to consider the aspects mentioned above when selecting the best electric cool box for your needs. By doing so, you’ll be better equipped for your next trip, whether it’s a picnic, camping adventure or a day out at the beach. Conclusion To help find you the most portable cool boxes, we tried carrying each half-filled cool box on an identical route so we could evaluate and identify any discomfort. On average, the below ambient temperature for cool boxes is 18 °C. However, the IceQ states it is 20°C below ambient temperatures, which I have not noticed any difference. It does take a while to cool to a suitable temperature. So if you are travelling and not using the in-car charger power cable, it will take 2 – 4 hours to cool sufficiently.

Electric Cool boxes ideal for your motorhome or Caravan Trip

The Mobicool MV30 does its job efficiently, but it can become a bit noisy at times. I wouldn’t say I was too bothered by it, but if you’re sensitive to noise, you might find it somewhat distracting. As you move of the Waeco caravan coolboxes range, the same build quality and value is on offer, but the technology under the hood is much more advanced. Pay more - with the likes of the Waeco TC35FL Thermoelectric Coolbox or the Waeco CoolFreeze CF-35 - and you get an excellent amount of storage with the latest cooling and heating technology. In my search for the best electric cool box, I’ve analysed various options available in the market. I focused on efficiency, reliability, and convenience factors. It is essential to consider these features to ensure that the electric cool box suits one’s needs. Electric coolboxes use the 12v power from your car to keep things cool. If you’re heading away for a longer journey, perhaps for anything from a few days to a few weeks, then these devices are perfect for you - and larger capacity electric coolboxes are better suited to longer trips. A removable gridded divider in the middle slides into the grooves on either side. It is solid and will remain in place. However, I often remove it to store more food and keep it cold.

It also features two removable shelves inside so you have plenty of space for anything – from your favorite beer to a good old Cornish pasty! One downside I noticed is that it can be a bit noisy sometimes. It might not be a deal-breaker for most, but if you’re sensitive to noise, it can be bothersome. Also, the cool box may draw a lot of power when used in a motorhome or vehicle, so it’s something to consider if you plan to use it during extended road trips.It has both power supply leads—one for easily charging in a cigarette lighter and stored for transport in the rear passenger footwell. The inside power lead is about 1m long, so you need to plan where your electrical mains adaptor is in your tent. Electric cool boxes should be sturdy and made of quality materials to withstand frequent use and transportation. Choose a cool box with robust and well-insulated construction, as this will not only ensure durability but also enhance the box’s cooling performance. Additional Features Build quality and materials are surprisingly excellent for the price you are paying – it oozes class and excellence. In particular the matte glass door on the front closes snugly and looks fantastic. Size and Capacity: Consider how much food and drinks you will need to store and choose a cool box that is the right size for you. It's also a good idea to look for a cool box with a large capacity, as you can always use the extra space to store additional items.

We think 20 – 30 litres is the sweet spot for a camping trip away for one to four people. It can store just enough stuff to keep you all going for a few days, and the fewer of you there are, the longer you can last between reloading! Insulation: From our testing, not all electric cool boxes can reliably keep food and drinks sufficiently chilled if it’s warm outside. This can be due to a puny fan or, more often poor insulation.The 45l ECO Deep offers the convenience of using either AC (240V) or DC (12V) power connection. Current draw is low at only 5 amps, even on 12V power which means a typical 100Ah leisure battery will not get drained until after about 20 hours of continuous operation. Waeco's TropiCool Thermoelectic Coolers are smaller and more suited to car journeys, but offer the same low temperatures and multi-functional power input as all the high-end Waeco caravan cool boxes. The Outdoor Revolution cooler range all provide similar performance. The only difference is the sizes on offer. For the 45 litre, the main attributes are:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment