276°
Posted 20 hours ago

5 WAY MITER JIG (LG) : Filling Tubing Jig Saw Vise Jeweller Shaping Cutting Jig Vice Tool (315)

£29.995£59.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Its up to you which cut you make first, the male or female but for some reason most kitchen fitters cut the female joint first. Maybe its because we are all gentlemen following the Ladies First rule! Some professionals consider scribing skirting as the proper way to fit internal skirting joints whatever type of skirting board you are using. Scribing is commonly used on walls that are out of square, typically found in older homes.

When you have cut through the worktop on a rough cut, your final pass should be made with the guide or bush pressed against the edge nearest the worktop. This is the clean cut edge and this pass will take the final few mm off to give you a neat cut. Lay the worktop down on a bench and clamp it securely. It is important it does not move a single mm during the cutting process. The joint you are going to cut needs to overhang the surface you are securing to. The image above shows a jig (made transparent) over a worktop ready for the female cut. Push the jig pins into the holes marked Front. This is shown as two red dots on the diagram.

41 Comments

If you want to return items that were bought more than 30 days ago, we may still accept the item but there may be an administrative charge and exclusions do apply, e.g. if the bullion has been cut to some requirements. However, please call our customer service team on 0345 100 1122 or [email protected]

Once both halves of the joint are made you can now choose to clamp the joints together if you wish. If the joint sits onto the top of a unit many fitters prefer to lay the worktop in two halves, pushing the joint together using adhesive and then screwing it tight up through the unit below. It is possible however to clamp the joint tight before placing the worktop or, if the area under the joint is clear, eg for a washing machine, the joint can be clamped in situ. We do not however recommend an unsupported joint. Worktop jigs are made to be dual purpose for both cuts by simply turning them over or turning them round. The instructions for each cut are always placed on the face you need to be using and each hole or slot is marked for its appropriate use. In this Instructable, I want to share the MAX CUT 2. If you are a visual person like myself, I have a video, as well, that goes into greater detail. I am working on a limited tools' series for the viewers on youtube to get them started. This jig is a part of that series. The first skirting board only needs a flat cut into the corner. The scribed skirting will fit neatly into the first skirting boards profile. (Image credit: Getty Images) When Should I Scribe Skirting Board? I decided to give this jig a name. I didn't put much thought into it. The first thing that came in my head was Max Cut. I named it MAX CUT 2 because I recently built one that could have used some improvement.

Set your router up with the correct guide and cutting blade. The guide is usually 30mm . We suggest a half inch router of minimum 1600W.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment