276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tom Ford

£50£100.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Friends and collaborators who have been with him since those days, like Carine Roitfeld, Elizabeth Saltzman, and Lisa Eisner, were in attendance, but he had things for the Instagram generation, too. I think with the first book there was a very strong sense of the legacy you had created at Gucci and Saint Laurent. Do you think it’s the fact that they are so uniquely personal that you’ve resisted an urge to watch them again or do you think you might? His thoughts on Gucci’s current designer Alessandro Michele: “I love him, and I think what he’s done is brilliant. Published to coincide with his departure from Gucci, this book has been created with Ford's full cooperation and every page reflects his exceptional taste.

Really in so many ways, now personally as well, it was the end of the chapter and the end of a period in my life. This book is a complete catalogue of Ford's design work for both Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent from 1994 to 2004.I think I’m often the best when I’m working on multiple things at the same time because I’m excited about one thing that I’m doing and that spills over into everything else because I’m happy. But ultimately what you ended up with was a room full of a lot of different clothes that didn’t have one precise message of, ‘I believe in this kind of pant shape and that kind of jacket shape and these kinds of colours. That excitement fuels over and I feel more creative, but it is weird because it also makes you realise how fast it all goes. Fifty years from now, maybe our son, Jack, will look back and say, “ Wow, my dad really dressed everybody.

I think fashion moves in a chronological way with each season as a reaction to the season before and a reaction to where you are as a designer at that moment. Vogue may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. It brings back very personal memories about where I was, what I was doing, what my taste was at the time—it was very cathartic” said Ford.The images in this book are more personal [than his first] because they are purely my own brand,” he explains. When the daywear section concluded, a soundtrack of upbeat ’80s hits was swapped out for Freddie Mercury singing “Time Waits for No One. And I’d like to make more of them and god knows when I’ll squeeze them in with everything else I do.

At the time I said and I still believe it, if Jack [Ford’s son], when he grows up and wants to know anything about me at age 48, all he has to do is watch that movie and everything in it. Tom Ford was in the headlines in July when it was reported that he was exploring the potential sale of his brand.It made me look at it all again and think to myself, whether one likes what I do or doesn’t like what I do, Wow! Women for some reason need to see things to kind of give them the confidence to wear it or let their eyes adjust to what the new silhouette is.

Well, I was having a lot of success at Gucci, let’s say, and I was having dinner with Karl at Caviar Kaspia. Brimming with celebrities, the book will have you chanting Jay-Z’s unforgettable “Tom Ford,” named for the designer—which Ford maintains is still one of his most surreal moments. The menswear was slightly more tempered, if not as traditional as the Tom Ford tux Jason Sudeikis scored in at the Emmys on Monday. I do wish I had more time to sit at a cafe and have an omelette mixte and a Coca Light you know, so it’ll be interesting to see what I do now.Whether it’s creating clothing for the global marketplace, taking the beauty world by storm or writing and directing award-winning films, Ford’s legacy and influence are unmatched. In his first book, TOM FORD 001, Tom Ford charted his era defining work at Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent from 1994 to 2004, capturing the hedonism of the decade in the process. Every major celebrity has worn Tom Ford: Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Jay Z, Madonna, Drake, Charlize Theron, Jennifer Lopez, Gwyneth Paltrow, David Beckham, Serena Williams, Daniel Craig, Naomi Campbell, the Jenners and Hadids, Janet Jackson, Colin Firth, Kate Moss, Michelle Obama, ad infinitum. As most fashion designers will tell you, they tend to focus on what’s next, whether it be a forthcoming collection or looking for inspiration, a concept that Ford reflects on across 416 pages. In the past decade, he transformed Gucci from a moribund accessories label into one of the sexiest fashion brands in the world.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment