276°
Posted 20 hours ago

KitchenCraft KCCPSPREAD Crepe Spreader, Beechwood, 24 cm , Beige

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Butter: can be substituted with a neutral flavoured oil such as canola oil, but you will loose in flavour. Stainless steel crepe spreaders are much easier to clean since you can just pop them right in the dishwasher or soak them in the sink. They won’t rust, and they won’t get warped from being soaked or getting wet.

Creperie Gourlan: located in a small town called Plonevez-Porzay. (Finistère department of Brittany in north-western France.) Let the batter sit:Crepe recipes often say to let the batter rest for 30 minutes, which results in an even flatter crepe, unlike pancake batter, which is usually used immediately. (if you’re in a hurry, it’s ok to use the batter right away). Crepes are extremely easy to make We found that this was super simple to operate, since there's only one heat setting and therefore no need to adjust to find the perfect temperature. It also heated incredibly fast, so there wasn't much waiting around involved. An indicator light pops on when your crepe is done cooking, which is convenient, but we found it was best to keep an eye on the batter's surface and watch for dissipated steam to determine doneness. This took about 30 to 45 seconds per crepe. Crepe batter is best when it is allowed to cool in the refrigerator for at least one hour before cooking. That means it is ideal for making ahead. I would recommend using within 2 days of making. You might want to treat your wooden set with flax (linseed) oil every few months to keep the finish smooth and protected.

What Can I Top My Crepes With?

Simply cover the batter with a wrap and set it in the refrigerator. Give the batter a mix before cooking the basic crepes the next morning. Why do you rest crepe batter?

Voila! You end up with the perfect crepe batter recipe, and it's easy to make. How to serve this breakfast crepe recipe How do I know the crepe is ready to be flipped: Usually, looking at the edges is a good indication. They will start to crisp and lift up. You could also see some air bubbles in the middle of the crepes. When in doubt, simply lift up a side and look at the colour. It should be golden, but not too dark in colour.

If you pop into a restaurant that serves breakfast in France, the menu will most likely have croissants; baguettes served with a side of jam, butter or honey. Other breakfast foods typically found at French bakeries include pain au chocolat and various viennoiseries. And of course, you’ll see orange juice, tea and coffee, but not those big coffee mugs unless you ask for a cappuccino. Caster Sugar: or fine white sugar. The quantity of sugar can be adjusted to suit your taste if you want sweeter pancakes. Remove from the pan immediately and fold or stuff then serve. I top mine with powdered sugar, honey, and fresh berries. To avoid other cases, do not forget to follow the rules of care, and everything will be fine. Efficiency While I find the best results when I allow the batter to chill for one hour, you can cook it immediately after making the batter. The results won't always be as nice and sometimes will cook a bit too fast. If making for the first time, I highly suggest following the recommended chill time. Why Are My Crepes Crispy?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment