276°
Posted 20 hours ago

24 x The Grinch Cupcake Cake Toppers

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I am going to show you how to recreate this simple and fun design for Christmas this year! By the way you can use this technique with any picture you like for any occasion!

Update - I'm adding a few more Grinch Cakes from my Facebook group: All Things Cake (I'd love for you to join!): Swap The Surprise Inside: You can use different shaped cookie cutters and cut-outs for your Christmas cake. Try hiding Christmas trees, candy canes, snowmen, ornaments, or Santas in the middle of your cake. Add a thin coat of frosting around the cake, to fully cover the cake layers. Smooth using an acetate sheet, then chill the cake in the fridge (20 minutes) or freezer (5 minutes) until the frosting is firm to the touch.Finally, don’t expect perfection! The heart is a soft(ish) cake pop mixture, and you’re basically carving inside the cake on a wing and a prayer. It’s probably going to be a little wonky. But it will also be amazing, and charming, and that’s good enough! Nailing the perfect Grinchy color is important. I used Americolor gels, and started with a base of Leaf Green. Then I added Avocado, Lemon Yellow, and Ivory to muddy it up and give it more of a brownish-yellow undertone. I used this same combination for the cake batter, buttercream, and fondant. Saving the best (ahem... easiest) for last... if you really want to do a simple cake but keep the spirit of the Grinch - try this Grinch Bundt Cake by This Worthey Life. More Christmas Grinch Cakes... Cool The Cake: Cool for 15 minutes at room temperature and then chill in the fridge for an additional 15 minutes. RESULTS: This cake was delicious! The flavoring really made it taste more buttery & vanilla – I didn’t detect the Carmel or nut flavors in the loaf. The pumpkin was good by itself (I sampled a piece of scrap from the heart cake), but was not really noticeable when mixed with the loaf. I think the icing doesn’t go with pound cake, so my next experiment is going to be with using some sort of crumbles on top – like you have on top of a crumb cake. My thinking is that green crumbles may make it look more Grinch-like lol  I’ll let you know how that goes.

Swap The Sprinkles: If you cannot find candy hearts or sprinkles, use red hot candy hearts, red M&Ms, or make your own red heart with red sugar cookie icing. Make The Green Batter: Whisk together the yellow cake mix, eggs, oil, pistachio pudding mix, and sour cream. (Image 4) Bake on parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet at 350 degree Fahrenheit for about 7 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Customize Your Cake: Hide blue or pink hearts in the middle of a white cake for a gender reveal party; bake a red, white, or blue cake and hide star shapes inside for Forth of July; bake a cherry bread with red hearts in the middle for Valentine’s Day. I was surfing for something unique & cute to make as Christmas gifts this year and came across your blog. I LOVE the Grinch and I LOVE this cake! I’m a rookie in the kitchen and like to put my creativity to work – so in preparation for making these to give, I thought I should practice and do some experimenting at the same time…and thought I’d share my experience so far. I’ve made 2 loafs. Loaf 1Add in vanilla and oil, and mix at a low speed until fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, then beat on low speed for about 15 seconds (the key is to mix until the ingredients are JUST incorporated, so that the batter isn't over mixed). For the Grinch’s face, I found a reference picture online and printed it out. Then I measured the size of my cake, and practiced drawing the face, that size, on a piece of paper. This helped me to know how big to make each element. You can practice a few times, or practice piping it on a piece of parchment paper, before you try it on a cake. Even though it requires a bit of precision (and maybe a sprinkling of magic Who-ville fairy dust), I would say it’s more than worth the time it takes to put together. Ultimately, the work is not that hard compared to the stunning, vibrant visual payout you get. I have a few notes and suggestions to help you below, and then a video showing how it’s done. Grinch Cake Tips I promise you won’t need anything but your favorite recipe for cake and buttercream 2 recipes and some parchment paper cones to decorate the whole thing This cake filling is based off of my tried and true edible cookie dough recipe. I incorporated all of the salty and sweet mix-ins into the dough, and also included a bit of baking powder and some pasteurized egg whites.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment