Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

Newbie from Yorkshire & a Question

New members, introduce yourselves here...

Newbie from Yorkshire & a Question

Postby Marko » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Hello to everyone,

I am new to actual web design but like what I see in magento, so I guess I will be squatting here for quite some time.

The feedback here also seems better than thee actual Magento forum or is it just me ???

I do have a question which hopefully can be asked.... it may seem daft but if you don't know ask, I was told.

Can a Magento site be used to sell using the affiliate system, ie, adding affiliate code instead of a normal payment gateway? and also linked to this, can a site be built without adding a payment gateway to it, say offering services that you dont pay online for??

Sorry if these questions seem daft but I would like to know.

Thanks in advance and hopefully one day soon I can help others.

Marko
Marko

Re: Newbie from Yorkshire & a Question

Postby edmondscommerce » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:36 am

Hi Marko

Welcome to the forum

we are also from Yorkshire - based in Leeds

Re your first question - not totally clear what you mean

As for a store without a payment gateway - yes absolutely - you can use the pay by cheque payment method, or there is a purchase order payment method (which is nearly the same thing). Either of these can be customised to say whatever you want - ultimately they are payment options that don't actually take any payment.
edmondscommerce

Re: Newbie from Yorkshire & a Question

Postby MagSupportNet » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:27 pm

Magento can be used as an affiliate based system (we did this for one of our clients), however it does require some changes to the core preferably by creating a local extension. Magento is primarily built as a store front however it has a very good backend administration facility to manage the content on your site such as static pages and content blocks as well as maintenance tools such as product importing. You do not need a payment gateway at all although it will require also switching off some of the core functionality such as the cart.

MagSupportNet
Providing fixed priced support to small and medium size Magento stores.

http://www.magsupportnet.com/
MagSupportNet

Return to Welcome to the Unofficial Magento Forum