276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Queen of Myth and Monsters (Adrian X Isolde, 2)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Isolde, newly coronated queen, has finally found a king worthy of her in the vampire Adrian. But their love for each other has cost Isolde her father and her homeland. With two opposing goddesses playing mortals and vampires against one another, Isolde is uncertain who her allies are in the vampire stronghold of Revekka. But I also felt like her only way to solve issues with Adrian was to have sex, weird to me. I was also wondering where Miha went the whole book but I may not have remembered if she was mentioned in the beginning and didn’t play a role until mentioned right at the very end. The change in Adrian in this book was so disheartening, and I really did not enjoy many of the choices and plot points that the author decided to weave into this story. Reading this from such beloved characters was so painful. All there is in this book is suffering and pain for them, they fight their enemies and each other, and they fix it and cope with s*x, instead of communicating or trusting one another. The last 35% of the book was hard to read. I also sincerely hope that this series ends in book #3, and that this isn’t stretched out any further for the sake of some easy money. We all know the economy is bad, but having a 4th or 5th book in this series would be worse (especially if they follow in line with this one). There are nine corpses lying in a gory heap in front of the gate. Ilode’s guards were scooping them up piece by piece because of fear that their queen would suddenly speak in red and declare another war, even though the previous one wasn’t yet over. Chapter 2 of Queen of Myth and Monsters My next question is, if mirror’s tell the truth, how did Raveena stay within the castle that whole time and no one noticed her in the mirror?

Thank you NetGalley, Tantor Audio and Recorded Books for sharing this audiobook with me. This is a story you don't want to miss. Since this is the second book in the series, I came into this reading blind. The plot was easy to follow even though I hadn't read the first book. There is something delicious about the love story between Adrian and Isodle. If you love spice, this audiobook definitely has plenty, but it is so much more. Scarlett St. Clair's writing is atmospheric and captivating. He is a perfect example of a madman. In Queen of Myth and Monsters, his persona is rife with violence and hatred. His terrible past had sharpened him to anger. Peace is not in his vocabulary. You do not have to have lived a hundred years, or even twenty. If your soul is tired, you will be tired.” Scarlett manages to write real, true, and devastating (the good kind) characters. I’m thankful for the spice that heals the wounds inflicted by this perfect installment of the Adrian x Isolde series. Scarlett’s words are brilliant, the story is wound and flows perfectly. Perfectly in a way you see nothing coming and you’re at the edge of your seat the whole time. Queen of Myth and Monsters brought out my white boards, red string, and conspiracy cap. Yet all my ideas were wrong 😂 Gods…it was so good. A true fantasy. A true romance. A true piece of art.You are the daughter of witches, as all women are […] Magic is in our blood and bone; it is in the earth at our feet; it is in the very air we breathe.” It is an extraordinary piece of work, a perfect balancing act with terror on one side and love on the other. This exceptionally well-written novel is all about suspense, thrill, and drama, including the relationships between generations and what happens between long-standing friends. The characters are sensitively portrayed, as is their recovery, and the hopeful ending is realistic. Readers of domestic dramas will be enthralled. For those who love gritty, somewhat nasty mysteries with weird, and exotic settings in one of the world’s most famous cities, this thriller mystery will satisfy you. It is perfect for a long plane trip or a rainy weekend. Queen of Myth and Monsters by Scarlett St. Clair PDF/ePub Details Thank you so much to Bloom Books & Netgalley for providing an advanced copy of this. All thoughts and opinions are still my own. Overall, I give Queen of Myth and Monsters 3.25 stars out of 5. I plan to read the next book in this series because I believe that now that the revelations have occurred, more can be done with the story. Plus, as a vampire, Isolde will have to relearn how to use her powers/magic. And perhaps, just maybe, Isolde will mature as a character. But if Isolde doesn’t improve as a person in the next book and it’s not the end of the series, I might just give up and DNF the rest. I seriously can’t stand Isolde as she is right now unless she starts caring about people other than herself.

Personality is a .5 out of 5. Isolde thinks she knows better. She jumps to conclusions. She creates problems out of thin air. All of a sudden she’s OBSESSED with her mother’s village. She’s then obsessed with her past life that she doesn’t fully remember. She’s mad that Adrian pointed out that she didn’t have magic… WHICH SHE DOESN’T. She gets mad at Adrian pretty much every other chapter and what’s the only way to make her feel better? Sex. There is never a resolution.This book had the potential to be so much more. The first book in this series was excellent, but this one fell flat for me. I still liked it, but I wasn’t invested in the characters. Even the romance between Adrian and Isolde failed to captivate me. I couldn’t understand how the two could be in love when Isolde and Adrian were constantly fighting. In their brief interactions, Isolde and Killian displayed more heart. I'll start by saying that I wasn't going to continue this series but I got approved the audiobook arc for this book and decided to give it a chance. I got to 29%. A conversation happened between Adrian and Isolde, and I can not keep reading when this is a plot device that is being used over and over again.

Isolde was renowned for her brutality, the queen of myth and monsters. She does not have any compassion or forgiveness in her heart for those who would do harm to her kingdom. With their blood dripping helplessly, howls of beg are invading the ground. Things I like? I always love Isolde and her murder-y ways and vibes. She's an antiheroine who is very confused by her new life and is trying to find a way to adapt but stuff keep happening. I always want heroines like her where they're not afraid to dirty their hands and love doing it. When Isolde is transformed into a werewolf, instead of adjusting to her new abilities, she freaks out and refers to Adrian as a monster. Then she says she’s not comparing being a werewolf to his condition, despite the fact that several vampires can shapeshift. And likely Adrian can as well as we don’t know what his abilities are. Queen of Myth and Monsters is a modern masterpiece, a powerful novel that can be read on its own. This novel is written by Scarlett St. Clair. She is a true storyteller, and Queen of Myth and Monsters is her best book. It is an epic tale of family, secrets, loss, marriage, betrayal, friendships, laughter, and regrets. Queen of Myth and Monsters is a heartfelt novel written with compassion and hope, reconciling the past to pave a road to happiness and second chances. The characters in this novel bring life and heart to this story, each with a distinct voice and personality. They made readers love them, they made readers sad, they made readers angry, they made readers laugh, they made readers cry, and they made readers believe in the promise of love and home. Queen of Myth & Monsters (Adrian X Isolde #2) by Scarlett St. Clair Narrated by Lilly Drake; Curt Bonnem (audiobook review)

Queen of Myth and Monsters

Those were what Adrian loved about Isolde. They shared a common stone heart and dark motivations in every way. Hatred and rage sharpened Adrian. At first, he hoped Isolde would calm his raging heart and lessen his hatred. But he was a creature forged by violence and will never thrive on peace. Things I already love about this book even though I’ve only read the first three chapters because Net Galley rules, and it’s available in the Read Now section so… I’m not saying run to get them, but I sure did. They gradually began to clash. Their choices are made independently of one another, but eventually, for reasons of power and vengeance, they will be forced to work together. Is it possible that love will triumph over their darkness, or are they destined to simply learn to live with it? The fact that three chapters have done nothing apart from making me want to re-read the entire first book (again) and devour this one the second it’s out!

I had high hopes for this book. I was hoping that now that Isolde has remembered her previous life, we would learn more about the characters. However, she does not recall many details until after they would have been useful. As a result, we spend the entire book behind. Which doesn’t help because there’s a traitor in Adrian’s inner circle, so every interaction makes you wonder if the person is telling the truth. We lose attachment to the characters we interact with because there is no trust. I understand why it was done because that is how Isolde felt. However, when the betrayal occurs, there is no emotional connection. Because we, as readers, have no emotional attachment to those characters and relationships. As a result, Isolde feels off. She gets angry and hurt, even though she had been suspicious of them the whole time. Like, make up your mind. Did you trust them or not?She is the most brutal of all the queens in the Lara Kingdom. Queen Isolde, the queen of myth and monsters had a happy upbringing until King George killed her mother, which caused her to become extremely enraged and want revenge. She swore solemnly that she would rob him of the kingdom of Vela and execute him without pity. Ravena, the rogue witch who betrayed the High Coven hundreds of years ago, now has the Book of Dis, a spellbook that Yesenia wrote. Adrian is still on the hunt for Ravena, and dealing with the noblesse traitors in his court, Gesalac and Julian from last book's events.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment