276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve Single Malt Whisky (Rum Barrel Selection), 70 cl with Gift Box

£19.2£38.40Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nose: Initial notes of honeydew melon, vanilla, orange marmalade, grassy, herbal. Slight hints of overcooked pear. Tropical and refreshing nose that betrays signs of youth with notes of cereal grains and wet hay. Whiskybase B.V. (“Whiskybase”, “we” or “us”, company details below) offers a whisky enthusiasts online platform that provides its members access to the most comprehensive, transparent and trusted resource of whisky bottles and allows and stimulates its members to contribute information about whisky bottles to the platform (“Service”). Regardless of whether the Service offers the functionality to contribute, you are solely responsible and liable for any content and information that you create, upload, post, publish, link to, duplicate, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available on the Service or to other Members, such as chat messages, text messages, videos, audio, audio recordings, music, pictures, photographs, text and any other information or materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (“Contributions”).

The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve - Scotch Noob The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve - Scotch Noob

Appearance: There is no appreciable difference in color between Caribbean Reserve or Founder’s Reserve or The Glenlivet 12. The coloring in all three is due to E150a. This additive colorant gives a “golden” hue to each of these pours, which has been fined tuned into a pleasing color for those who don’t really know the difference between real and fake when it comes to Scotch.

The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve – Review

Of course, I try everything that I can when it comes to whiskey. That's all part of the #DrinkCurious lifestyle. Disappointing sales or someone's negative opinion doesn't shy me away. We all have different expectations and desires to make us happy. Nose: Distinctive Glenlivet notes of green apple, hay, butterscotch, and white tea. There’s also an extra layer of aroma that could be called tropical: maybe coconut, raw sugarcane, and dried pineapple. Pleasant, but light. Whisky is important to Scotland; it is a large part of the Scottish culture. If you were asked to name five things about Scotland, would Scotch be in there? I’m going to prejudge the whole world and say, “Yes!” Fine, my target audience is somewhat leaning towards the alcoholic beverage side of the country already, but I think even outside of this space it would still edge towards the high end of folks’ lists. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, the remainder of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect.

Whisky Review: The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve

This sensational Caribbean reserve single malt from Glenlivet will remind you of the Caribbean upon the first sniff. Pours amber with pear, apple, and banana tones. The inviting palate offers caramel, toffee, citrus, vanilla, and melon notes. It's medium-bodied and mildly sweet with a long finish. Savour solo after a meal. So, Scotland’s visiting tourists impact heavily on the Scotch whisky industry, and as a product Scotch whisky hits heavily on the world’s trading market, so really my opening sentence should not have been a question but a statement of fact: Scotland makes and sells the stuff, and because of that, people visit. It is winter, I’m sat with a dram by the log burner, curled up on a large old leather chair, probably allowing the Laphroiag in the glass to do much of the thinking… and whilst I think that – although a perhaps confusing entry to this article – most readers would be able to grasp what I mean. Unless mandatory applicable law provides otherwise, your use of and membership to the Service are exclusively governed by Dutch law. We shall first try to settle any dispute over a dram of whisky. Disputes that cannot be settled over multiple drams of whisky shall be solely submitted to the court of Amsterdam, The Netherlands unless mandatory applicable law provides otherwise. Still quite smooth, some sparkle. Tropical fruits, some rum influence again now, dried grapes. Medium long finish.If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms, such decision shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. This is, in my opinion, not a cooking whisky; it is slightly elevated from that. It’s probably not really a sipping whisky. I think, as I suggested above, that this should be taken as a wee bit of fun and enjoyed as a mixing whisky. I went that stage further and pulled out a wee bit of orange bitters and some Sprite… and you know what? With a wee umbrella and ice and a slice, I could see myself relaxing by the pool (obviously not here in Scotland; I’ll be in Spain relaxing in the sun, whilst renting my house out to some Americans who want to come here and enjoy Scotland and its distilleries). So yeah, this is no Heaven on Earth whisky, but if you go about it with the knowledge that it is what it is, then I think it has a place… on the pool side bar. Score: 4/10 Without prejudice to the section Liability below, the Service may be temporarily unavailable during maintenance, updates, etc. We shall make reasonable efforts to inform you of any unavailability due to maintenance or updates. Oh right. I really wanted to like this one… especially since I was so pleasantly surprised by the Cognac Cask from Glenlivet.

Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve Single Malt Scotch Whisky 70cl The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve Single Malt Scotch Whisky 70cl

At the heart of The Glenlivet is the Sample Room, our creative epicentre. A place of continuous improvement and creation, this is where our makers spend their time crafting, testing and refining our whisky until they achieve the finest balance. Sweet and fruity, and actually not as thin or pale man would expect from a 40% Abv. Thr rum influence is obvious, actually a good-to-go summertime whisky. Without further ado, it is time to dissect this whisky and discover what Caribbean Reserve is all about. Nothing in the Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from gross negligence or willful misconduct by us. Whiskybase B.V. is the Dutch private limited liability company, having its statutory seat in Rotterdam, The Netherlands and its office at Zwaanshals 530, 3035 KS Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Whiskybase B.V. is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under no. 52072819.Finish: Most of the finish was medium in length. A hint of wood was accompanied by apple cider, brown sugar, clove, and banana. What lasted much longer was toffee.

Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve - The Whisky Exchange

As for the Glenlivet’s Caribbean Reserve, it’s not bad for the price. I like it a hair better than Glenlivet’s 12 year old offering. But that could change in time due to the fact that batches of the Caribbean could get even younger in the future (without an age statement). The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve is a tad more malty in a vague way, whereas Caribbean Reserve is snappier and better defined, along with a slight rum note. So, continuing to look (as I have been) at some entry level drams, and because I mentioned the distillery above, I’m going to have a wee peek at what I would actually consider a “fun dram.” What’s that? Well, it’s a whisky that I think is maybe just that: it’s something not to be taken too seriously, but still enjoyed in the right way.

Archives

On the nose: Apples (it is a Speyside!). It has that common edge of a liquid from that region, slightly orchard-like, with perhaps a freshly cut farm field, straw? Hay? With a slight hard candy sweetness, there is a pineapple juice hint…. I think. The Service has been prepared by us solely for information purposes to Members and the Service is based on information we consider reliable and we obtain the contents of the Service from a number of different third party sources (including Contributions), but we do not endorse, support, represent, warrant or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of the Services and any information therein. Distilled in pot stills from 100% malted barley, produced at one distillery, aged in barrels; if Scotch or Irish, must be aged for at least three years. The sting of not enjoying this bottle is lessened by the fact that I got it as part of my Flaviar Subscription. Sunk cost fallacy aside I can convince myself it was “free”. So there’s that.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment