276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Austin Butler Calendar 2024 - Merch

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ocean’s 8” screenwriter Olivia Milch directed Netflix film “Dude” about a group of teenage girls who grapple with graduating high school. Lucy Hale, Alexandra Shipp, Kathryn Prescott, and Awkwafina star, along with Alex Wolff, Austin Abrams, and of course, Butler. Despite mixed critical reactions to Hanks’ portrayal of Parker, Cannes left Luhrmann feeling satisfied. “At Cannes, they’ll boo you,” he said after the festival debut, admitting that he steels himself for all sorts of reactions. “‘Moulin Rouge!’ got a good reaction but a lot of detractors too. My films always have this kind of critical show.” During the 12-minute ovation, he said, “there was genuine emotion in the room. If I never go to Cannes again, I can be very happy with that night.” Life after Elvis While the couple keeps their relationship pretty private, details have slowly emerged here and there about how they spend their time together. From the red carpet of the Met to the gltiz and glamour of the Golden Globes, here’s everything we know about Kaia Gerber and Austin Butler’s relationship (so far). May 27, 2023: Kaia Hugs Austin While He Walks Her Dog Baz Luhrmann’s erotically charged biopic “Elvis” doesn’t just reinvigorate the Presley myth, it resurrects the King and makes him relevant again.

By July, after undergoing months of Elvis workshops — and an unsolicited call from Broadway co-star Washington, who told Luhrmann, “You’re in for a surprise when you see the work ethic of this young man,” said the director — Butler had beaten out the likes of Miles Teller and Harry Styles for the role. Then the work of finding and translating Presley’s heart and soul began. That was the test that I saw in front of me: How do you take Elvis ... and find out who he really was as a man? It was early 2019 in Los Angeles, and Austin Butler already had Elvis on the brain. A friend, hearing him sing along to “Blue Christmas” in the car, had urged him to portray the icon one day; others brought it up too. Elvis seemed to be everywhere, but it was a dream role that felt impossible. It started that day with Elvis’ entire discography, which Butler put on shortly after getting the call, as he painted and plastered the old house he was living in. He devoured every Elvis documentary, every film, every YouTube fan video he could find. At first, he tried recording himself singing Elvis’ 1956 ballad “Love Me Tender,” but “it looked like an impersonation,” he said, sipping an iced coffee last month at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, “and I thought, ‘I can’t send this.’”Ahead of the Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala, Austin sat down for an interview with Entertainment Tonightto talk about the upcoming Golden Globes award ceremony, which takes place on January 10. When asked about who he'd be bringing to the prestigious ceremony, Austin replied, "I'm going to bring my sister."

Months of rehearsals led to the start of production in Australia in January 2020. Butler worked with voice and movement coaches to organically channel Presley whenever Luhrmann wanted to “unleash” Butler to improvise in character. That March, Hanks and wife Rita Wilson became the first Hollywood stars to announce they’d tested positive for COVID-19, and the “Elvis” production was shut down. I threw all my eggs in one basket,” said Butler, now 30, with a lingering hint of a honeyed drawl, of the immersion he undertook to nab the coveted lead in Luhrmann’s big-budget gamble “Elvis.” “I knew that the only way that I could do it was if I gave it everything that I had.” This Is A Life from Everything Everywhere All at Once, Music by Ryan Lott, David Byrne and Mitski; Lyric by Ryan Lott and David Byrne

“Masters of the Air”

Love is in the air for model Kaia Gerber and Elvis actor Austin Butler. The duo made things red carpet official when they posed for pics at the 2022 Met Gala, though they had initially dodged dating rumors after they were first spotted together in late December 2021. News of the budding romance began one month after Kaia ended things with her ex-boyfriend, Jacob Elordi, while Austin Butler broke up with his girlfriend of nine years, Vanessa Hudgens, in January 2020. He added, “I was dealing with grief, but it was also this feeling that I wasn’t aligned with something that felt truly fulfilling. I got done with that show, once they canceled it after two seasons, and I said, ‘I would rather not work as an actor than ever do something like that again.'” That was the test that I saw in front of me,” said Butler, who likened it to being a detective, piecing together a psychological profile with what clues he could find. “How do you take Elvis, who’s seen as this icon or this caricature, strip all that away and find out who he really was as a man?” Diving into the research In addition to episodes of “CSI: Miami,”“CSI: NY,”“Jonas,” and “The Defenders” (not the Netflix Marvel series), Butler found a steady gig with “Life Unexpected,” appearing in 10 episodes of the ABC Family series. Per the official Sony 3000 Pictures synopsis, the original trilogy of books focuses on two criminal empires — one Irish, the other Italian — that control all of New England, until a modern-day Helen of Troy tears them apart and starts a brutal war. The main character, Danny Ryan, is forced to grow from a street soldier into a ruthlessly efficient leader to protect his friends, his family and the home he loves. Fighting the Mafia, the local cops, the feds – everyone – Danny builds a dynasty or will die trying.

Butler is set to star in and produce Sony’s 3000 Pictures film adaptation of best-selling author Don Winslow’s “City on Fire.”Jeff Nichols (“Mud,”“Midnight Special”) writes and directs “The Bikeriders” about the rise of a Midwestern motorcycle gang. Butler leads alongside Michael Shannon, Tom Hardy, and Boyd Holbrook, with Norman Reedus and Jodie Comer also starring. Vanessa and Austin are officially broken up, and Vanessa has been telling those close to her about their breakup," a source told US Weekly. I was sort of embarrassed about some of the things that I had to do,” Butler admitted in 2022. “But I had to cut my teeth somewhere, so I decided to treat each one of these jobs as a way to grow.” Butler starred in 10 episodes of the beloved series, all while making guest appearances in fellow teen shows “iCarly,”“Wizards of Waverly Place,” and Out of Jimmy’s Head.” With ‘Elvis,’ I definitely had an existential crisis when I finished. I didn’t do anything that was grounded in Austin for that time. I didn’t talk to my family or my friends or anybody,” Butler told IndieWire. “I would talk to them every couple months or something, but I really did lose touch with me. But I also learned things about myself — that’s a beautiful gift. It’s a confusing part about being an actor.”

Sean Zanni // Getty Images March 31, 2023: Kaia and Austin Spend Time at a Children's Hospital in Los Angeles The Daily Mail obtained photos of Kaia and Austin jet-setting together in Paris. The couple was snapped leaving a hotel together. February 14, 2022: Kaia and Austin Spend Their First Valentine’s Day Together People even shared a clip of the couple kissing on the red carpet. April 3, 2022: Kaia and Austin Hold Hands While Grocery Shopping in Malibu

Item details

Butler is confirmed to play Feyd-Rautha, the evil nephew of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen (Stellan Skarsgård) and the heir to the Harkonnen empire in the “Dune” sequel, helmed by Denis Villeneuve. For Butler, understanding Elvis’ influences and inspirations helped inform how he portrayed the artist’s evolution and signatures. He summed up, “I was doing these TV shows that were really fun, and some people really dug them. But I didn’t feel fulfilled as an artist. I just wasn’t being challenged in the way that I wanted to.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment