276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kate Moss by Mario Testino

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Cosmoss is a new development in Moss’s evolving business profile. In 2016, the Kate Moss Agency was founded. “I’d been with [Storm] for 27 years. And it was time to move on. I think I probably knew who I was a bit more, and had an idea of what I wanted to do. I started trusting my instincts more and more. I wanted a say. And we kind of clashed.” Cosmoss is very true to Kate and her journey – her own evolving lifestyle and ethos to help her feel good in herself,” says Ferguson, now a functional medicine practitioner and nutritionist, who has known Moss since their early days modelling together, and whose daughters Elfie Reigate and Bliss Chapman have, like Lila Moss, followed in their respective mothers’ footsteps. “Let’s face it, the girl knows what she is talking about when it comes to finding calm in a world of madness – and this is her sharing all the things that she uses daily to help her feel balanced.” Besides, science doesn’t promise to “cleanse your aura”.

Kate + Mario = fashion dynamite. This book is the legendary photographer’s personal homage to his greatest muse: a young girl that captured his heart and eye with her beauty, humour and spirit, and whose image in his photographs has captured imaginations the world over. The show-stopping collection includes fashion shoots, candid snaps, and insights from both icons. Prince Charles and Princess Diana finalise their divorce after four years of separation. Art and scienceThe Spice Girls enjoy massive popular success with their first single Wannabe going straight to Number 1. The group are remembered as much for their sassy, outspoken 'girl power' attitude and their continuing subsequent celebrity as for their music.

Join & Support

Moss’s dream is to have an entire lifestyle brand, and a spa with hyperbaric chambers, infrared saunas and cryotherapy. Her inspiration? “Lady Bamford. I was at lunch with her 20 years ago, and she was talking about doing organic foods. Now look at what she has done.” Cosmoss is “much smaller, obviously”, but eventually the plan is to “grow, grow, grow”. The evolution is, and will continue to be, instinctive: “I go with my gut. If I overthink something, it’s not going to be right for me.” Peruvian photographer Mario Testino is known worldwide for his portraits of some of the most famous faces - from the Royal Family to Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell and Madonna. Having also shot campaigns for the likes of Burberry, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana and Versace, he is in very high demand. British Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman said in her contribution to his book, Portraits, that Testino's work makes you look better than you could imagine "not in your wildest dreams, but at the remotest end of possibility." MARIO TESTINO is donating a portrait of Kate Moss to the Masterpiece London auction in a bid to raise money for CLIC Sargent - a charity providing clinical, financial and emotional support to children suffering from cancer. The image was taken in LA in 1996 when the supermodel was 22 years old.

I have supported CLIC Sargent for more than 10 years and it is a charity I hold very close to my heart," said Testino. "My brother died aged 10 from cancer and the pain caused by it to people around a child suffering is devastating. I am delighted to donate a unique print for the auction tonight in support of this wonderful cause." verifyErrors }}{{ message }}{{ /verifyErrors }}{{ In a rare glimpse into the mind of one of the industry’s most private figures, Kate Moss joins Mario in sharing personal insights into their professional and personal relationship. In her exclusive essay, she pays tribute to Testino. “Mario took me to a new level of glamour. I don’t think anybody had seen me as any kind of sexy model before he did. He was the one that transformed me. Before him I was just a grungy girl, but he saw me differently. He was the first to say ‘Oh, she’s quite sexy. I’ve seen her out! I know she’s not just that grungy girl.’ He’d seen me in a pair of heels, getting glamorous – and he was the first to start taking pictures of me in that way. He changed the way people thought about me as a model, for sure. Later other people started working with me in that way, but he was the first.”

As such, she has finally had to take on a more public-facing role – something she has never been especially comfortable with. “I didn’t do anything for so long,” she says of personal interviews, “I’m quite shy, really… I hate doing [them] because I felt like [the press] always had an angle. And it was scary.” Big press days became things she loathed: “The kind of days when I was like, ‘I can’t do it any more.’ I didn’t for a while, and then I became ‘Kate, who doesn’t give interviews’.” SEE cover girl Kate Moss as you've never seen her before in the new issue of Vogue, as she models the latest couture collections for Mario Testino - with her own inimitable London spin.At this point in her life, Moss has been the focus of so many artistic lenses, it’s perhaps inevitable that interpretation fails to faze her (though one must pity the poor actress – Ellie Bamber – who has to play her). Of the numerous pieces that exist in her name, her favourites include those by Allen Jones (“He portrayed me as a really strong woman. I loved that.”), Chris Levine (his lightbox process “became really like a meditation. And I think he captured that feeling of serenity.”). And Marc Quinn. She claims not to have bought any pictures of herself – “No! Photographers always give me prints of myself. And I find it… embarrassing. What am I going to do with them?” – but then concedes that she has a Mario Testino picture of her and daughter Lila in her bathroom, and a Quinn sculpture upstairs. “You wouldn’t necessarily know it was me,” she argues. Then pauses. “Yeah, you would! But um. No, no. I just think it’s weird. Vain or something.” Maybe that’ll change with time? “I’m sure that one day, maybe when I’m older... I’ll be like, ‘Oh look, I was young.’” Can you tell us more about this portrait? Spotted an error, information that is missing (a sitter’s life dates, occupation or family relationships, or a date of portrait for example) or do you know anything that we don't know? If you have information to share please complete the form below. Mario Testino is recognised as the ultimate fashion photographer of his generation but his pictures of Kate Moss transcend fashion. The consequence of two decades of extraordinary friendship, and phenomenal glamour, this iconic collaboration is an intimate insight into the lives and minds of two of the world’s definitive style leaders. I have to like the people I’m going to be working with,” says Moss. “Whereas before it was just a client – now I have much more engagement.” She mentions Diet Coke, for which she took on a creative director role last year. “I met them and was like, yes: this is a nice rapport. I’ll be able to work with you. It’s not so much just turn up and get pushed out [there].” Mario Testino is recognized as the ultimate fashion photographer of his generation but his pictures of Kate Moss transcend fashion. The result of two decades of extraordinary friendship, and phenomenal glamour, this iconic collaboration is an intimate insight into the lives and minds of two of the world’s definitive style leaders.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment