276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Artist's Way: Workbook: A Companion to the International Bestseller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For me, this chapter was the most mind altering of all and I continue to return to it because the lesson that comes from this will take a long time to fully inhale. When we start with joy, the discipline will follow. The question bubbles up again – what do I enjoy? What do I desire? Why does this continue to elude me? This week felt like a lot of question-asking and meetings, but no step taking. Does this mean I am searching for the joy? Week 10: overwork v. zestful work

The Artist’s Way - Онлайн-клуб любителей The Artist’s Way - Онлайн-клуб любителей

The quality of life is in proportion, always to the capacity for delight,” writes Julia. “In the exact now, we are all, always, alright.” The antidote is to take a risk and focus on the doing. “A risk is worth taking simply for the sake of taking it.”As Julia writes, “Any regular, repeatable action primes the well” and for me the seemingly non-creative act of running puts me into step with myself. This words could not have come at a better time: “Stop complaining about the lousy curves you get thrown and stretch, reach for what you really want,” writes Julia. While I might earn comparatively less, what we need is entirely subjective and I’m privileged to be able to cover my living expenses. As Julia writes, we ‘deny ourselves the luxury of time’ – money anxiety is the excuse I use to erode my spare time. Week 7: perfecting perfectionism

The Artist’s Way Everything I learned from (finally) completing The Artist’s Way

We cannot obsess over how we will make something happen, we just need to say what we are doing, and take action. “Action has magic so simply begin,” writes Julia. I now have autonomy with my time and a capacity for paying attention to something else, something delightful, something that I feel truly connected to. Maybe even that book proposal. Week 3: Anger and jealousy are a map A resounding message throughout the chapters has been that it’s important to experiment with what works for you. I can easily put things into the “impossible” category, but as this week explored, often something is impossible only because we are looking too ahead or too narrowly at the things we desire.When we are clear about who we are and what we are doing, the energy flows freely and we experience no strain.” What do we do when we are in the drought? We stumble through because it is “the time in the desert brings us clarity.” Just over 30 years ago, Julia Cameron’s agent gave her the immortally bad advice that no one was going to be interested in a book about creativity. “What on earth are you doing?” the agent demanded. It also points us towards what we want to do, and as Julia Cameron writes, “the how follows the what.” Instead of thinking about the big end goal or outcome, I needed to focus on the next small step and swap ‘what’s the use’ for ‘what is next’.

The Artist’s Way at 30: Alicia Keys, Pete Townshend and the The Artist’s Way at 30: Alicia Keys, Pete Townshend and the

I haven’t been audacious enough – I have failed. This is a belief, not a fact. “We are the thinker of the thoughts, not the thoughts,” as Julia writes.When we are clear about who we are and what we are doing, the energy flows freely and we experience no strain,” writes Julia. What we return to is the process of creating itself rather than the outcome, because “wanting more will always snap at our heels, erode our joy at ours or another’s accomplishments.”

The Artist’s Way Workbook (UK 2020) | Julia Cameron Live

Only when we are being joyfully creative can we release the obsession with others and how they are doing.” This week was about tossing out the old and unworkable, and noticing changes in tastes, judgments and personal identity. For me, I found myself leaving a talk I wasn’t enjoying when previously I would have continued to sit through out of politeness.

I want to watch for what delights me, I want to be alive to joy, I want to pay attention, I want to experiment and see if Julia Cameron’s resounding message is true.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment