276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The King's Pants: A children’s picture book to celebrate King Charles III's 75th birthday

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The King’s Pants is a hilariously irreverent take on a new monarch and his favourite underwear. The King cannot rule without his Royal Pants. He has a pair for every occasion: Coronation Pants (he can't be crowned without them), Organic Pants (edible in royal emergencies) and even inflatable Space-Pants (because one never knows when they might come in handy). But in a boxer-shorts blunder at the Royal Mail, the King's undies have been posted to his subjects nationwide! With his Y-fronts gone wandering, how will the King possibly cope? Education Shed Ltd, Severn House, Severn Bridge, Riverside North, Bewdley, Worcestershire, UK, DY12 1AB Sue Buswell, Andersen Press’ editorial director for picture books acquired world rights for The King’s Pants from Nicholas’ agent Bill Hamilton at A.M. Heath, Sue originally worked as Nicholas’ editor for many years, and when the opportunity to publish this hilarious sequel arose she jumped at the opportunity, “It is a real pleasure to work with Nicholas again, and what better book to publishing at this royal moment than The King’s Pants? We have a huge campaign planned to make sure this is the book to celebrate the Coronation with children all around the UK and the Commonwealth, a fitting celebration of our new King!” On the publication of the book, author and illustrator Nicholas Allan has said, “I initially wrote and illustrated The King’s Pants a long time ago, but like an old pair of boxer shorts it has been sat at the bottom of my drawer for many, many years, and now I feel is the right time to bring that original story to light for a whole new audience. I’m delighted to be working with Sue Buswell again, and the brilliant team at Andersen Press, who I know will get this book into as many hands as possible in the run-up to our new King’s Coronation.” Whispering Stories was established in 2015. The blog is here to share our love of books and the bookish world, alongside our other passions in life. We are based in the UK.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment