276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Death Sets Sail: A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery (A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery, 9)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I went to Egypt with my family when I was 17, so [I was] only a couple years older than Daisy and Hazel are in this book. I have memories of being on a Nile cruise as a teenager, and came up with the bones of Death Sets Sail.”

I have always loved trying to find out who the murderer is! This time, I told myself that it was the last book and I had to make it count! So every now and again, I would run the thoughts through my head and just think of the possibilities, I really think that this plot was the most clever and intriguing of all 9 murder cases, it took me so long to work it out, even when I was so determined, I finally summed up the evidence and realised that Heppy was pretending to sleepwalk! P.S Robin Stevens I would just like to say a big thank you for making my 3 years of reading your books the best of my life! Your my favorite author and I was heartbroken when I heard this is The detective society’s last case…

Follow us

As there are police at the scene, they hand the diary over, the policeman understands everything and holds a denouement (the final part of the book, unveiling the murderer) and they finally arrest the murderer. In Poirot´s Manier wird die Aufklärung auch sehr schön inszeniert vor dem Kreis der Verdächtigen und eine dramatische Wendung führt zu einem bitteren Ende - Holmes lässt grüßen :)

In terms of plot, I worked out who killed Theresa early on, because it was blatantly obvious and the oversight in their investigation is glaring throughout the book. I found it a relief to see that people are talking about what happened to Daisy. I bought the book and sat the girls down and have explained about Daisy and both of them ( 12 and 8) have said can we leave reading the book for awhile and they are not ready. Super excited to get the book… so that was a hard descion for them to make. Daisy is best friends with Hazel. She gets on with the other members of her dorm ( Lavinia Temple, Kitty Freebody and Beanie Martineau) most of the time although she is quite prone to arguments with them. She doesn't get on with the other dorm: Clementine, Sophie Croke-Finchley, Rose and Jose Pritchett and later Amina El Maghrabi, although Daisy has a crush on her but tries to hide it. In Death Sets Sail, Daisy and Amina share their first kiss on the boat that they were sailing on up the Nile. Their kiss is observed by Hazel Wong. In Amina’s guide to Egypt the letters in capital spell a message, ‘Daisy I’ll wait. Formerly, in Death in the Spotlight, Daisy had a crush on Martita Torrera. Alexander first meets Daisy and Hazel when they are all travelling on the Orient Express. He is travelling with his grandmother, Countess Demidovskoy. He manages to convince the girls to allow him to help solve the murder of Mrs Daunt. Robin was born in California and grew up in an Oxford college, across the road from the house where Alice in Wonderland lived. She has been making up stories all her life.

Keep in touch

Thank you for making the Best series of books in the world and it’s been a delight to read all of them. DaisY and Hazel have becomE part of Me and part of mY life as I went along. From the muRder of Miss Bell to Elizabeth Hurst’s death, they’ve all been amazing. I don’t want to say goodbyE to them so I’m really happy to kNow that they will be mentioneD in MOUA along with May Wong starring in it! I’ve been reading these since the first came out in 2014 and, as cheesy as it sounds, it’s like I’ve grown up with them. I’m about to go into my last year of A-Levels; it’s fitting that one of my favourite childhood stories finishes just as I turn into an adult. I’m planning on doing an English Literature and Creative Writing course. There is so much more I could say and so much more I loved about it but this comment is already long enough.

Many other things delighted me about this: Daisy and Amina, George and Lavinia meeting and deciding to marry within minutes, and Hazel becoming co-president of the detective society. Also, I’ve finally come round to Hazel and Alexander. They were quite sweet in this book, and I say this as someone who has enjoyed the romance in probably less than five books. Alexander also seemed more useful in this book, though that was probably just me. I think that this book was the only book which I disliked a bit😞 Well, I liked it but not as much as I liked the other books in this series❤️ I didn’t like the atmosphere, this book sets in Egypt. The good thing about this book was that all the detectives worked all together like a family😊 Also on the SS Hatshepsut is a mysterious society called the Breath of Life: a group of genteel English ladies and gentlemen, who believe themselves to be reincarnations of the ancient pharaohs. And three days into the cruise, their leader is found dead in her cabin — having been stabbed during the night. Daisy is the youngest child and only daughter of George and Margaret Wells. She has an older brother called Bertie, who calls her Squashy since she (supposedly) was a fat baby. He once attempted to push her down the stairs. Every single time Daisy would say something like ‘I will never die’ or ‘We’ll be together forever’ I would feel my heart break. I love how you decided to confirm that she had died already in the first chapter, because countdown for her death made it so much more thrilling. The scene where Amina put a pillow over Daisy’s head? I was so tense, scared that it was them who had accidentely killed her.I think the fact I am writing this at 1:20 in the morning after finishing the novel is probably the best way of expressing how much I loved it. WELL. So at least 2020 gave me today off so I could read Death Sets Sail in one sitting as soon as I received it in the post. All is not lost this year, apparently.

This series has meant a lot to me, and been with me for just under half my life. I’ve grown up with Daisy and Hazel and they have a place in my head, even though it’s probably a very different sort of place to the one they have in yours and all other readers. I’m not sure if DSS is my absolute favourite in the series, but it’s certainly up there as one of them. As for the mystery, such a simple but brilliant twist! I had my money on Miss Beauvais at the beginning (relative of Joshua’s trying to get her revenge? She was a very unassuming character after all). Also travelling on the SS Hatshepsut is a mysterious society called the Breath of Life: a group of genteel English ladies and gentlemen, who believe themselves to be reincarnations of the ancient pharaohs. Three days into the cruise their leader, Theodora Miller, is found dead in her cabin, stabbed during the night. It soon becomes clear to Daisy and Hazel that Theodora’s timid daughter Hephzibah, who is prone to sleepwalking, is being framed. And within the society, everyone has a reason to want Theodora dead… I will be interested to revisit this forum once my daughter and I have received and read the book, to see if there is a trend of contributors succumbing to the temptation before they have read the book. I. LOVE. DEATH. SETS. SAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put off reading it for so long (because I was so scared of one of them dying) but it was so amazing. Congratulations Robin! Before I read it I suspected that daisy wouldn’t die and would walk in daisyishly, but I still cried when Heppy almost killed daisy (I thought my theory was wrong). And then I cried again when I found out daisy was still alive. I NEVER would have guessed it was heppy! I had so MANY theories, but robin still outwitted me! I’m so so so so soooooo happy daisys not dead! This book had so many great plot twists and was so EXCITING! I REALLY REALLY REALLY loved reading it it was amazing. DSS is DEFINATELY my favorite MMU along with Death in the spotlight. You did such an amazing job Robin! It was so clever with the whole sleepwalking thing. I love that mr wong finally accepted hazel detecting and supported them! I also really love George and Lavinia (I never would have thought but I still love it!) and obviously Alexander hazel Amina and daisy. Aminas secret code was so sweet! I feel really sad even though daisys alive because I almost love her. This book felt so different from the other MMU books. It felt a lot more emotional and real.Daisy has (presumably) long, wavy golden hair that is often tied in a plait/plaits for school. She is described as being very tall and has a thin body. Her eyes are determined-looking and blue. She is known to be very pretty. Hazel says that she looks perfectly English. Daisy is loyal to Hazel, but she’s overly assertive, a workaholic, and very eccentric. She is forceful and ropes Hazel into things and doesn’t like relaxing or staying put during a murder. She loves being a detective because of the adrenaline she gets from it. She is very clever but tries to hide it by deliberately messing up some questions on her test papers and during lessons. Daisy is also very determined. She also has a very high opinion of herself and her looks and often underestimates others. She doesn't like saying she's wrong and finds apologizing difficult. There’s a bit where they say like, the one bad thing about growing up is you can't hide under tables anymore. So, they can’t sneak around the way they could when they were little kids and their detecting methods would have to change as they got older and older. And so I thought this is probably the right time to say goodbye to this this chapter and and finish the series.” And while many fans will be sad to see the Murder Most Unladylike series come to an end, there’s some good news — there are more detective adventures from Stevens on the way. I just have so many memories as a kid, reading series and just not knowing what’s going to happen next and being so immersed in those books. And I want to give that to my readers.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment