276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LED Flasher Unit 3 Pin Relay LED Bulbs Fix Indicators flash rate plug & play CF13 JL-02

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So people fitted load resistors to imitate the load of the incandescent bulbs they have just removed, resulting in more wiring, things that get hot, melt anything near them and the best bit you are using more power than a standard bulb set up!

I have a suzuki bandit 600 2003. Would the replacement relay still have all of the other functions that oem relay has (i.e. side stand ,hazards warning lighs)thanks. October 8, 2011 I fitted front and rear led indicators to my Kawasaki and they just stay on constant orange rather than flash, would a relay sort thisproblem? September 20, 2011 It may be that the third pin becomes redundant but as we do not have expert electrical knowledge, we couldn t confirm this.

If you have LED bulbs only in the rear (or only in the front) our LED flashers will work with a mix of incandescent and regular bulbs I have a 1996 CB500 twin cylinder (N reg) Ihave bought a set of LED Indicators and they now all flash together (all four at the same time). What do I need to get them to behaveproperly? May 28, 2012 This relay and it replaces the standard relay when you upgrade to LED lights. It corrects the indicators flashing too fast without the need to use a load resistors. This relay has been tested on Caterham’s with the Just Add Lightness LED lights. Why do I need this? We would perhaps suggest asking a qualified motorcycle technician for advise or perhaps log in to one of the Fireblade forums?

These often only could handle 30 to 40 watts which is fine for all LED vehicles but as soon as you put a trailer on it would blow or the user would fit the relay with bulbs and blow the LED Flasher Relay. In the true sprit of fixing things that aren’t broke. I’ve recently switched my 382 indicator bulbs to leds, unfortunately even though I’d previously fitted electronic flasher relays for both the indicators and hazards nether worked (hyper flashing) with the lower current draw from the leds (Was kind of expecting it to be honest).Some people choose to fit load resistors to imitate the load of the incandescent (standard) bulbs that they have just removed. This results in more wiring, things may get hot and you are probably using more power than the standard bulb set up that you just replaced! Installing an LED flasher relay is the easiest way to solve the problem. Some have tried to create a 4 Pin Flasher Relay but they state it might put the trailer light on when you are not pulling a trailer plus it can only handle 10 watts ours can handle 150 watts. Unfortunately, as the relays are universal fits in their respective areas we do not have a specific model application reference. Thermal flashers require that your bulbs consume a minimum amount of load, usually 15 Watts or more, to function properly. Electronic-with-lamp-out flashers require a certain amount of power usage by the bulbs. If it's too low, they will flash fast (by design) to let the driver know that one of the bulbs has burnt out. That is known as the lamp-out warning. Not all electronic flashers have this feature. RDX 4 Pin Flasher Relay can handle bulbs, LEDs and a mixture of both on the vehicle it does not care it just gets on with the job!

Or would I have to wire pin 86 to green and pin 85 to light green and brown, so across the flasher relay?

Categories

A Standard Flasher Relay works on load, this means it is designed to see 21 watts bulbs, when you fit LED lamps or bulbs the Relay can not detect the load as the LED lamp/LED bulb may only use 2 to 3 watts, resulting in fast flashing which is no good to anyone. If your LED bulb goes out, you can simply go into any auto parts store and get a standard (non-LED) replacement bulb to get you going "legit" without burning up your flasher. Are there different types of LED flashers? Yes, because life is complicated. There are generally 2 types of LED flashers: Solid State and Relay. A solid state flasher has no moving parts. The finaly switching element inside a solid-state flasher is a semiconductor power transistor. In a relay-based flasher, the final switching element is an electromechanical relay. Solid State vs. Relay Type We have tested many LED relays on the market and we have found this one to be the best. Some LED relays will work perfectly with either rear LED lights or front LED lights but not both! No two Caterhams are the same and we have found that after extensive tests (with the help of our customers) that the our LED flasher relay will work every time at the correct flash speed. This relay has been specifically designed to handle any LED/standard bulb combination. Where other relays fail, this one does not.

Why fit load resistors they defeat the whole object of less power. With our RDX LED Flasher Relay your Defender no longer needs Load Resistors! Approval: All LED flashers from CEC meet DOT requirements and meet SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) and FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) Why does my existing electronic flasher not work with LEDs? For flashers, electronic only means that the flasher's internal timing (on-time vs. off-time) is electronically controlled, vs. thermal flashers that use a bi-metal strip. Electronic timing control means that the flash speed is constant regardless of the load (or two-speed for electronic flashers with lamp-out warning circuits). So I’ve since bought and fitted a pair of replacement led flasher relays for both the hazards and indicators, so both now flash at the correct rate.

What's New

Reliability: We sell flashers from CEC industries, they have been around since 1959 and their flashers are extremely well built and reliable.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment