276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Really Short History of Nearly Everything

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It had an illustration that captivated him–a diagram showing Earth’s interior as it would look if you cut into it with a large knife and removed about a quarter of its bulk. As an abridged version intended for younger readers, this volume might be helpful to middle school science teachers for creating curriculum.

It was difficult getting them to concentrate on ideas that were new, overwhelming and difficult to grasp at the end of a day. In this book, Bryson takes his vast knowledge and wealth of life experience, and condenses and simplifies it into language which is considerably more readable to children. This seems to be the structure for a lot of middle grade/ YA non-fiction and I would love to find some (besides biographies) that explore a topic in depth at an age-appropriate level. In The Lost Continent, Bill Bryson's hilarious first travel book, he chronicled a trip in his mother's Chevy around small town America.Still I’m glad I read the book and it gave me some interesting facts to dish out in conversations so I can’t say it was time wasted.

Uncover the mysteries of time, space and life on earth in this extraordinary book - a journey from the centre of the planet, to the dawn of the dinosaurs, and everything in between. Textbooks and teachers alike did not ignite the passion for knowledge in him, mainly because they never delved into the whys, hows, and whens. Se trata de un libro que efectivamente nos habla de casi todo en la historia del planeta y la humanidad, de forma sencilla y clara. Curiously, this little wonder does leave you feeling that one person truly can make a difference -- whether for good or evil.The fact that Mother Nature sends out hundred's of billions of tons of carbon dioxide via volcanoes and dead and decaying flora and fauna was an interesting fact I had neither heard nor considered before now. A Short History deviates from Bryson's popular travel book genre, instead describing general sciences such as chemistry, paleontology, astronomy, and particle physics. Para poder concluir que efectivamente la vida existe posiblemente en diferentes formas y lugares, pero para poder llegar al hoy, a lo que somos, se han tenido que dar una serie de circunstancias tan específicas, que, si hubieran variado solo un poco, la realidad sería totalmente diferente.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment