276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Threadneedle: The magical SUNDAY TIMES bestselling debut novel

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That said, once the book is off and running in its final third, Anna comes into herself and Thomas’ clever plotting becomes addictive. Threadneedle is the first in the projected Language of Magic series, and it’s clear that Thomas is only getting started in this world. Though the novel doesn’t exactly end on a cliffhanger, a second installment is set up by the abrupt ending. Lo peor: es posible que te cueste un pelín engancharte, puesto que el comienzo de la novela es algo introductorio y pausado. No obstante, esto es necesario para comprender el sistema de magia y conocer a los distintos personajes. Llegará un punto en el que no podrás dejar de leer. And a new notification that I'm adding: The Trilogy or Series notification. This is book one in The Language of Magic. In this case the ending resolves a major issue, but many plot threads will go tendrilling into the next book (s).

I grew up in the Wye Valley area of Wales and moved to London in my twenties. I worked as a journalist for various publications and at a creative agency, before finally doing what I'd always wanted to do. I quit my job and wrote a book about magic.Este libro lo tomé sin ver la sinopsis, así que no me esperaba algo tan The Craft como lo que encontré. Si bien tenía la apariencia de ser el clásico libro de la chica marginada que se hace amiga de otras brujas y descubre todo un mundo que desconocía, y lo fue, también fue todo un dramón adolescente contra la "chica mala" que les hacía la vida imposible. La verdad es que detesto ese cliché y pasé todo el tiempo esperando que demostraran que había algo más en ella, lo mismo con Peter, era evidente el camino que tomaría la historia... y lo tomó.

I hated that every mention of sex was so negative. The use of the words "slut" and "whore" and portraying women that have sex in a bad light. I found this rather frustrating. This story is the first in the series but the ending is quite conclusive, though not complete. Most of the major plot points are resolved, so those who avoid cliff-hangers can still attempt the book. The ending sets a very firm foundation for the next book in the series. I love the girls in the coven, Rowan is my spirit animal with her exuberance for life and boys, and her mom has the similar warm mama-bear nature as Mrs. Weasley in Harry Potter. Amanda's character arc from ultra-religious to... not so much, really endeared her to me. Effie I'm so torn on. Her character has so much depth and by the end of the book, it becomes a lot clearer why she is the way she is. She's a rebellious teen who is so brash and carefree, and just wild, sometimes taking things too far. Despite those things, it's hard not to get caught up in her energy and I can't wait to see how the relationship between Anna and her continues to evolve. Attis is a sort of orbiting non-member of the coven and such an interesting character and his part in the overall story was brilliant.No obstante, con la llegada de Selene a Londres, una antigua amiga de su madre, y su hija Effie, el universo de Anna se pondrá patas arriba, ya que ésta siempre se ha sentido atraída por la magia y nada le gustaría más que poder practicarla libremente, tal y como hacen ellas. Pero eso no es todo, junto a Selene y Effie, también llega Attis, un muchacho enigmático que vive con ellas. A partir de entonces, Anna encontrará un poco de la libertad que le han arrebatado desde que tiene uso de razón y dejará de ser invisible para pasar a formar parte de algo. Incluso hará algunas amigas por el camino, como Manda o Rowan.

Threadneedle is book one in a new young adult fantasy series and I can say without a doubt that I am already eagerly anticipating the next instalment. There’s magic in every nook and cranny – as well as shops selling memories – in this fantastical novel that stalks the streets of London’s underbelly’ Con respecto a los personajes de Rowan, Manda y Attis, he de decir que la primera es una chica parlanchina y con sobrepeso que pondrá el toque divertido a esta historia. Manda, en cambio, vive un poco como Anna, intentando ser perfecta. Por último, qué puedo deciros de Attis. Es un donjuán, pero también trata de ayudar a los demás y no podemos evitar preguntarnos qué es. Ahora, uno de los numerosos aciertos, tanto con la trama como con los personajes, es que os lo cuestionaréis todo porque, ¿acaso son lo que parecen?Todo lo contrario, sucede con Selene y Effie, que practican la magia y que son muy extrovertidas. Son el contrapunto perfecto a Anna y muy necesarias para que ella comience a cuestionárselo todo.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment