276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pilot Prera Medium-Nib Fountain Pen, Slate Gray Body (FPR-3SR-SGY-M)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Based on the look of the pen, I would assume that this modification would also work with the Pilot MR, which appears to be the same as the Pilot Metropolitan, available in the EU markets. The size of the Prera when capped is on the smaller side measuring only 4¾” (121mm) and growing to 5 5⁄ 16″ (136mm) when posted. These are pens with plastic bodies with no holes in them, plastic threads on the body, and can be locked down securely. Pen Chalet is an authorized Pilot dealer and all of our products including the Prera Collection by Pilot are guaranteed to be new and authentic. Honestly, I got a Sailor Sapporo from Japan - with its wonderful (gold) nib - for less than the cost of a Prera in the UK, which is just crazy.

But if you wrote with the colorful markers and then used the marker with no color on top of them, the color would change! It feels very cheap, and I have trouble getting close to a full fill, but you can always syringe fill it I guess. I used the Nib Nook provided by Goulet Pens and it looks like the Metro's fine nib was slightly finer than the fine nib on the Prera.I've had a Lamy Safari with an EF nib for a while and I was looking for something that was finer than the nib lamy uses. Holding the pen unposted was a bit uncomfortable but once the pen’s cap is posted, it’s a nice size pen to handle. You should also possibly change the converter – mine had an over-enthusiastic agitator that would create ink sploshes, plus the flow was dry.

The problem with metal isn’t so much that the pen will leak, but rather that some inks can corrode metal.However, it skipped when I tried a few Noodler's ink samples in it - the Air Corp Blue-Black and Baystate Blue - so I went back to the Sheaffer's Jet black and that works just fine. I know that TWSBI has been catching some serious flak here recently, and Pilot's pens are always dependable. use what becomes a very lovely balanced pocket pen to my surprise, with an every-person’s size section with a minimal transition to the body that acts as a pleasant landmark for holding the pen being an overall full sized writing instrument that rests in the hand effortlessly providing a writing experience that I find can be used for longer writing sessions other than the occasional jot. From my experience with Kung Te Cheng and Whaleman's Sepia, I'd imaine flow might be an issue in any pen that isn't already very wet.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment