276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cambridge Audio AXA25-25 Watt Separate Integrated Stereo Amplifier HiFi System Featuring Tone and Balance Control with Front Aux Input - Lunar Grey

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The preamp appears similar if not identical to the AM10. It is responsible for most of the noise in the amp’s output – 79.8dB signal to noise ratio (A-wtd, ref 0dBW). It’s a bit of a shame Cambridge didn’t spec up the preamp a bit to better match the performance of the output stage. Nevertheless it is well designed with NE5532s unsurprisingly making up the basis of its audio circuitry and input selection and volume control handled by digital logic. There is one slight niggle. The power button has a white LED in the middle, which remains lit whether the amp is turned on or off. We think you'll agree our 6 Year Guarantee offers fantastic value. What's more, if you don't use it

AXA25 - Integrated Stereo Amplifier | Cambridge Audio HK AXA25 - Integrated Stereo Amplifier | Cambridge Audio HK

The frequency response is relatively flat. There’s a gentle roll-off below 100Hz and above 10kHz, but it’s only 0.2dB down at 20Hz and 20kHz, the limits of the audio band. In reality this won’t be audible, so any characteristic sound will be due to its limitations in power, component-level tuning and preamplifier noise more than anything else. One of the key differentiators is the user interface. The AXA25 has old-fashioned analogue knobs for bass, treble, volume and balance. I presume that it is a fully analogue component design, though I don’t have one here so I can’t lift the lid to say for sure. The AXA35 has a digital interface as evidenced by the push-button input selection and digitally-controlled volume, complete with volume level display and tone and balance controls hidden behind a simple menu system. Assuming I’m right about the AXA25’s implementation of good old-fashioned potentiometers, the better AXA35 should be a significant jump in performance without the channel mismatch and noise issues associated with cheaper analogue pots. The AXA35 like the AM10 predecessor is essentially a commercial ‘Gainclone’ implementation. The LM3886 output devices can theoretically deliver 68W per channel into a 4Ω load and 38W per channel into an 8Ω load with a symmetrical power supply delivering +/-28V. Cambridge’s specification of 35W into an 8Ω load is therefore a sensible one. The AXA35 will actually deliver the 38W into 8Ω before clipping.The staff are so so helpful,kind and very knowledgeable . I will definitely be buying from them in the

Cambridge Audio AXA25 On the fence with Onkyo A-9110 and Cambridge Audio AXA25

I am sorry to hear that but if the parts are no longer available, there is no further action that can be taken to resurrect the unit.If we ignore the poor customer service and the spotty quality control, when they work, they work exceptionally well. And keep in mind that the spotty quality control is based on Internet rumors. The AXA35 is a stereo amplifier that slots into Cambridge Audio’s new AX range of hi-fi components. With a focus on performance and affordability, the AXA35 boasts more features than the step-down AXA25, including a built-in phono stage for turntables.

How good is Cambridge Audio kit? | AVForums How good is Cambridge Audio kit? | AVForums

The rest of this review focuses on the AXA35 exclusively as I don’t have an aXA25 for comparison. The AXA35 has plenty of useful facilities for a budget amplifier in the contexts of an aptly specified hi-fi system. When compared against a 2004 era Cambridge A5, years of inflation and cost prioritisation mean the omission of a preamplifier output and the second pair of speaker outputs for bi-wiring, not that bi-wiring offers any real-world advantage. There’s no true tape monitor in the newer amps either, nor an option to bypass the tone controls. You do get a remote though, which the A5 didn’t have. Amazing service I bought this a couple of days ago in store and I received the best advice and help.My son wanted to upgrade his turntable and he got exactly that. However, I’d be interested to know what you find so terrible about the sound. Obviously, it’s subjective but mine is feeding B&W 800Ds via KW pre/powers and sounds very, very good with 44/16 FLAc from a NAS and gets even better with DSD/DFF files or Tidal Masters. Very good, I had a demo of the CXN streamer and CXA60 amp last week in Brum RS and was very impressed. By the standards of budget-conscious stereo amplifiers, the Cambridge Audio AXA35 is a remarkably self-assured listen. No matter the sort of material you serve it up, there’s no suggestion it ever feels out of its depth.These are Clearance items and therefore condition and accessories / promo items supplied may vary. This is also why we use guide prices for in-store items, as managers price these units according to state and completeness. The mechanical internals were a little flimsy and didn't ooze quality, but then what should I expect for budget end kit? I own an Onkyo A9110. It's in the system in my study. It's connected to Sony BDP-S370 , Cambridge NP30 streamer and output via a pair of (bluntly awe inspiring) Mission 70 MKII. Previously it was connected to QA 3020i. It's fuller sounding than the Rotel RA820BXII it replaced but it's not in the same league as my Arcam A19.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment