276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO NOVEL (My Neighbor Totoro: The Novel)

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A simple story about two girls who love their mother and are desperate for her to come back home, Totoro explores how emotional such tragedies are in the lives of young children. Oga's conscientious approach to My Neighbor Totoro was a style the International Herald Tribune recognized as "[updating] the traditional Japanese animist sense of a natural world that is fully, spiritually alive". The director based Mei on his niece, [8] and Totoros as "serene, carefree creatures" that were "supposedly the forest keeper, but that's only a half-baked idea, a rough approximation". Writing in Joe Hisaishi's Soundtrack for My Neighbor Totoro, Kunio Hara praised the soundtrack, describing the song "My Neighbor Totoro" as a "sonic icon" of the film.

A poor condition book can still make a good reading copy but is generally not collectible unless the item is very scarce.Participatory Conservation Approaches for Satoyama, the Traditional Forest and Agricultural Landscape of Japan".

This book is extremely cute as a physical item, and is scattered with beautiful watercolour illustrations that are reminiscent of the animation. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). Set in a period that is both modern and nostalgic, the film creates a fantastic, yet strangely believable universe of supernatural creatures coexisting with modernity.After the rights to the Streamline dub expired in 2004, [42] Walt Disney Home Entertainment re-released the movie on DVD on March 7, 2006, with Disney's newly produced English dub and the original Japanese version. This prestige edition features original illustrations by Miyazaki himself, accompanying a story written by veteran children's book author Tsugiko Kubo.

Oga and Miyazaki debated the film's color palette; Oga wanted to paint black soil from Akita Prefecture and Miyazaki preferred the color of red soil from Kantō region. Miyazaki's production paralleled his colleague Isao Takahata's production of Grave of the Fireflies. In 2004, Walt Disney Pictures produced a new English dub of My Neighbor Totoro to be released after the rights to the Streamline dub had expired. In the UK, the film's Studio Ghibli anniversary release appeared on the annual lists of ten-best-selling foreign language films on home video for five consecutive years, ranking number seven in 2015, [48] number six in 2016 [49] and 2017, [50] number one in 2018, [51] and number two in 2019 below Spirited Away.In 2022, the magazine ranked the film as the joint-72nd-greatest film overall, being one of two animated films included in the list. I also had issues with the pacing, and found it pretty odd throughout the book; many parts were very faithful to the anime, while others were anywhere from too dragged out to completely omitted. It is often believed that children have more open third eyes making them more sensitive and susceptible to certain supernatural phenomena. It had previously been released as an Image Song CD in 1987 that contains some songs that were not included in the film. I still felt that way when I started reading, both because I love the My Neighbour Totoro movie, but also because the book itself is really beautiful and kinda magical with pictures in it and on the cover.

When he joined Telecom Animation/Tokyo Movie Shinsha in 1979, he got the opportunity to direct his first feature films, including Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984). Miyazaki's Animism Abroad: The Reception of Japanese Religious Themes by American and German Audiences. In the growing absence of the father, the book candidly showed the bond within small Asian countryside communities where neighbors look after each.Soon, Satsuki and Mei discover Totoro, a magical forest spirit who takes them on fantastic adventures through the trees and the clouds--and teaches them a lesson about trusting one another. To be fair, I haven’t watched it in nearly a decade so I could be remembering things wrong, but I was a bit disappointed in the lack of Totoro in these pages.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment