276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Devotion: Why I Write

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Even though I am lukewarm on this book, I still sat with pen in hand, underlying sentences that sometimes would take my breath away.

An enchanting peek into the mysterious ways of creativity, as Smith immerses in her beloved French literary classics and cites the everyday encounters that can spark inspiration.”—Brian McCollum, Detroit Free Press Her biri birbirinden farklı, birbirinden iyi albümlerin altında imzası bulunan, bizi kimi zaman hüzünlendirirken kimi zaman da hayal dünyasının kapılarına girmeye zorlayan, Çoluk Çocuk adlı kitabıyla National Book Ödülünün sahibi olmuş, muhteşem bir insandan bahsediyoruz.oh my god this woman!!! ahhh what am i supposed to do?!! i need to get through my physical tbr but now i’m obsessed with patti and i want to read everything she’s written now 😭 HELP 😭 Smith, a contemplative writer of gratitude and reverence, . . . deepens her inquiry into the nature of inspiration in this slender, trenchant volume. . . . Gracefully improvisational, as always, Smith offers an unusually poetic, mystical, and transfixing perspective on the mystery of literary creation.”—Donna Seaman, Booklist I hate it when she says that … Mom, of course you are an activist!’ … Patti with Jesse Paris Smith. Photograph: Loïc Venance/AFP/Getty Images

Sanki rüyadan uyanmış da eline geçen ilk kağıda hatıralarını yazmış ama unutmamak için acele acele yazmamış. Sindirmiş, duygularını tartmış. Tek seferde yazmış, editlememiş, ilk seferinde ne eksik ne fazlaymış gibi.Silence. Passing cars. The rumble of the subway. Birds calling for dawn. I want to go home, I whimpered. But I already was.’

When a mutual respect between author and reader is secured, she adds words that describe her unconscious thoughts. This stream of consciousness is remarkable in that the reader is offered a respite when the text deviates. Concrete understanding is not essential during these free associations. Eklenen fotoğraflarla da beraber bir albüm, bir scrap book tadına gelen hatıraları genel olarak mutlu. Üstünüze ağırlık bırakan dert tasa yükü değil. Ama yine de boğazınızda minik bir yumru ile bitiriyorsunuz kitabı.Change the plan you will roll onto at any time during your trial by visiting the “Settings & Account” section. What happens at the end of my trial? Devotion shows rather than tells what it means to give a life to writing. ”—Katherine Cooper, Hyperallergic La collection commence plutôt bien, avec des fragments oniriques que j'ai beaucoup aimés. On y sent la campagne et l'Amérique profonde, comme dans ce joli texte sur le cow-boy :

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment