276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ESV Study Bible

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This personal size ESV Study Bible is 5.375 x 8.375 in size. A study Bible doesn’t have to big and bulky. This is a perfect study Bible to take on the go.It’s available in a few other designs if you want a different look. Then Herod summoned the wise men secretly and ascertained from them what time the star had appeared . 8 And he sent them to Bethlehem , saying , “ Go and search diligently for the child , and when you have found him , bring me word , that I too may come and worship him . ” 9 After listening to the king , they went on their way . And behold , the star that they had seen when it rose went before them until it came to rest over the place where the child was . 10 When they saw the star , they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy . 11 And going into the house , they saw the child with Mary his mother , and they fell down and worshiped him . Then , opening their treasures , r they offered him gifts , s gold and t frankincense and u myrrh . 12 And v being warned w in a dream not to return to Herod , they departed to their own country by another way . The Flight to Egypt It was produced by evangelical scholars looking to produce a modern, readable, literal and accurate translation, yet one that stands in the tradition of the King James Version of 1611 (also know as the Authorised Version). It is a new edition of the Bible, first printed in 2001 byCrossway Bibles and revised recently in 2011. It is also a revision of the 1971 edition of the Revised Standard Version (RSV). The ESV Bible is a relatively new Bible translation that combines word-for-word precision and accuracy with literary excellence, beauty, and readability. The scope and theological faithfulness of theESV Study Bible study notes is breathtaking.”—John Piper

Deciding what ESV study Bible you want is a very important decision. Everyone learns at different levels. One person may prefer more detailed maps while another person may want an in-depth commentary. And j David was the father of Solomon by k the wife of Uriah , 7 and l Solomon the father of Rehoboam , and Rehoboam the father of Abijah , and Abijah the father of Asaph , 2 8 and Asaph the father of Jehoshaphat , and Jehoshaphat the father of Joram , m and Joram the father of Uzziah , 9 and Uzziah the father of Jotham , and Jotham the father of Ahaz , and Ahaz the father of Hezekiah , 10 and Hezekiah the father of Manasseh , and Manasseh the father of Amos , 3 and Amos the father of Josiah , 11 and n Josiah the father of o Jechoniah and his brothers , at the time of the deportation to Babylon .The ESV Study Biblewas designed to help you understand the Bible in a deeper way. Created by a diverse team of 95 leading Bible scholars and teachers—from 9 countries, nearly 20 denominations, and 50 seminaries, colleges, and universities—the ESV Study Biblefeatures a wide array of study tools, including extensive study notes, 200 full-color maps, 40 full-color illustrations, charts, timelines, articles, and introductions, making it a valuable resource for serious readers, students, and teachers of God’s Word. Now when they had departed , behold , x an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said , “ Rise , take the child and his mother , and flee to Egypt , and remain there until I tell you , for Herod is about to search for the child , to destroy him . ” 14 And he rose and took the child and his mother by night and departed to Egypt 15 and remained there until the death of Herod . y This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet , z “ Out of Egypt I called my son . ” Herod Kills the Children The “ESV” in an ESV Study Bible stands for English Standard Version. It’s the literal translation of the Bible to contemporary English. Arming yourself with God’s Truth is the most important thing you can do as a Christian. The Bible contains God’s promises and everything you need to live a life that glorifies God.

k Then Jesus came l from Galilee to the Jordan to John , to be baptized by him . 14 m John would have prevented him , saying , “ I need to be baptized by you , and do you come to me ? ” 15 But Jesus answered him , “ Let it be so now , for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness . ” Then he consented . 16 And when Jesus was baptized , immediately he went up from the water , and behold , o the heavens were opened to him , 3 and he p saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him ; 17 and behold , q a voice from heaven said , r “ This is my beloved Son , 4 with whom I am well pleased . ” Permission requests for use within the UK and EU that exceed the above guidelines must be directed to HarperCollins Religious, 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, HammerSmith, London W6 8JB, England. But when Herod died , behold , an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt , 20 saying , “ Rise , take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel , for d those who sought the child’s life are dead . ” 21 And he rose and took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel . 22 But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning over Judea in place of his father Herod , he was afraid to go there , and e being warned in a dream he withdrew to the district of Galilee . 23 And he went and lived in a city called f Nazareth , g so that what was spoken by the prophets might be fulfilled , that he would be called a Nazarene . John the Baptist Prepares the Way Publication of any commentary or other Bible reference work produced for commercial sale that uses the English Standard Version must include written permission for use of the ESV text.

Sign In

These are our favorite Study Bibles in the English Standard Version. If you have a favorite ESV Study Bible, we’d love to hear what it is. Leave us a comment below to share your experience. We love hearing from our readers so we can provide the best products. Robust Bible Resources:Includes 200+ charts and timelines, 240+ full-color maps and illustrations, 50+ topical theology articles, 120 Bible character profiles, and more

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment