276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Things We Never Got Over: the must-read romantic comedy and TikTok bestseller! (Knockemout Series Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But Lina has reasons for her return to town, and if those secrets come to light, Nash may never forgive her. However, Lina has no plans to plant roots, so a fling with the handsome cop is perfectly acceptable. There’s just one problem. Nash is in a funk as the book begins as he is trying to heal both mentally and physically from a gunshot wound that occurred in the first book. He cannot seem to get his head on straight or enjoy what he previously did, not even his work. Somehow, she’d done it again. It always surprised me when Naomi found another broken piece in me and made it whole again. this book is an abomination and deserves to be burned, so embarrassed i wasted my time reading this

When I say there are unexpected twists and turns in Things We Never Got Over, I very much mean that. I do not think any reader who began this story and learned about small town, U.S.A., its sexy bartender, and its wide-eyed newcomer expected it to take turns involving a crime boss, kidnappings, gunned-down police chief, and poker games with questionable characters, but alas, it’s all in there. Honestly, I should have DNFed because even the scenes I was looking forward to in the book (the ones promoting it on TikTok, you guys know what I mean) were a letdown. heroine has the best gay best friend (1. why are the male best friends in romance always gay if they are not the love interest? 2. he is in the mafia or what are those mysterious business calls he always has to take??? 3. where is Stef’s book??!)

Publication Order of Bluewater Billionaires Books

To say I had massive expectations is an understatement. I jumped into this knowing I was getting into a romcom. I was waiting for people we meet on vacation feels or Wall of Winnipeg swoons and I got a big pile of the most obnoxious, insufferable writing and plot devices I've seen in a looooong time.

She cries to a complete stranger and asks him: please, help me, what should I do? 5 times in the first two chapters. The fact that a 40 year old man finds a broken shell of a woman attractive is a red flag of its own. Finally, the repetition. Oh my god, the amount of times I read that this girl always took care of others and didn't take the time to see what she wanted or needed, was the most infuriating thing EVER. Lucian and Sloane were by far the most anticipated couple to read about, and their story certainly did not disappoint. Some popular tropes used in this book are enemies-to-lovers, small-town romance, and childhood love. (Revealing more tropes may spoil the plot!)One thing I loved about Things We Never Got Over is that Knox was 43 years old. As a fortysomething myself, I especially notice that the majority, if not all, of the books I read in the romance genre, focus on characters in their 20s or early 30s. Kudos to Score for making her leading man a bit older and therefore more relatable to people in my age category. I enjoyed Things We Hide From the Light more than the first installment in this series. Nash and Lina are an interesting couple and Score does a wonderful job developing them. After reading two of her books, I see a trend here: the character development of her main characters is excellent. No More Secrets is the first book in the Blue Moon Series by Lucy Score. Have you ever read a story and wished that you could in that world forever? If not, kindly grab a copy of Lucy Score’s books. She creates, a delightful reading, witty dialogues, and characters that you wish they could be your friends the Scores with cutest names, and the monthly newspaper and Facebook group? Who on earth wouldn’t want to be part of that world?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment