276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Storm of Swords: The bestselling classic epic fantasy series behind the award-winning HBO and Sky TV show and phenomenon GAME OF THRONES: Book 3 (A Song of Ice and Fire)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Meanwhile up north, Jon Snow struggles between honoring his Night Watch vows and acting on his love for Ygritte. Unbeknownst to Jon, Bran Stark is also traveling north to the Wall in search of the three-eyed crow from his dreams. George R.R. Martin also introduces a third point-of-view character at the Wall, Samwell Tarly, the loyal friend of Jon Snow who serves as the Samwise Gamgee of the book. I found Sam’s perspective to be unnecessary given the other already-established point-of-view characters. A gorgeous illustrated edition of the third book in the beloved A Song of Ice and Fire series, for fans of HBO’sGame of Thrones Aside from the fall of kings, the way the characters are presented had me rethinking my previous judgments. As each character's thoughts and actions were explored, it became clear that there is no "good" or "bad" person. Even despicable characters had redeeming qualities and/or motivations that were understandable, if not admirable. Similarly, the less than pure intentions and actions of some of my favorite characters were brought to light. Everyone is flawed and vulnerable in some way. Have you ever seen a car accident? Not the aftermath that messes up traffic, but the actual event itself? Having driven in both Atlanta and Houston’s rush hour, I’ve seen a handful. It’s horrible horrible horrible. There is that signature sound when thousands of pounds of metal crunch together. And it blows my mind. One side of my brain is in denial and keeps repeating, “That did not just happen.” The other half is moving forward. “Is anyone hurt? Don’t gawk – don’t want to be rear-ended myself. Do they have the insurance? Has someone called the police?” I get clammy and shaky, as well as teary-eyed thinking of all the emotions they’ll have to deal with. And even though I wasn’t directly involved, I have this on-edge feeling that lasts the whole day. how do you talk about something that is continuing, for people who have no idea what you are talking about?

A Storm of Swords: The Illustrated Edition | Random House Group

A gorgeous illustrated edition of the third book in the beloved A Song of Ice and Fire series, for fans of HBO's Game of Thrones Sansa Stark: Oh honey. You know the expression "falling from the frying pan into the fire"? Sansa does more than that in this book. She falls from the frying pan into the fire, and then falls again into an even worse fire that's much more likely to rape her. At this point, I almost want Sansa to die, just so she'd be put out of her misery - judging by what's happened to her so far, I don't see any way this series can end well for her. Also it'd be nice if she could stop inadvertently causing death and destruction. In 1970 Martin received a B.S. in Journalism from Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, graduating summa cum laude. He went on to complete a M.S. in Journalism in 1971, also from Northwestern. Ah, our favorite despicable Lannisters... Look at you BEFORE all the hell broke loose for you. Does it make you feel any sympathy for the Starks now? No? I thought so.The ever-expanding plot of A Song of Ice and Fire is impossible to summarize neatly. In Storm, as in the other books of this series, the story is told from the alternating viewpoints of various characters. The selected viewpoints are: Jaime Lannister, Tyrion Lannister, Jon Snow, Catelyn Stark, Arya Stark, Sansa Stark, Bran Stark, Samwell Tarly, Davos Seaworth, and Daenerys Targaryen. My favorite character, Davos, and his points of view were a little painful this reread. Stannis is so out of his mind because of his need for power. He is legitimately upset because Robert was King, Renly ruled their home, and Ned got to be hand of the king. None of his actions are because he wants what is best for the realm. Seeing him being hurtful to Davos really upset me. The weird thing is, I like Melisandre and I think she is a great anti-hero, but Stannis just enrages me. I never understood the fan following he has. But that's okay, because Davos is my little cinnamon roll and I pray no harm ever comes of him. Especially because of all he has lost and endured in this book. A Storm of Swords, first published in 2000, his third in the series, is the muscle car, the biggest and fastest horse, the book where Martin, established as a success and had his readers’ attention, put the hammer down to see what this thing can do.

A Storm Of Swords [Illustrated Edition]: The bestselling A Storm Of Swords [Illustrated Edition]: The bestselling

Storm is the midpoint of what Martin has said will be a seven-book cycle. I would be lying if I said I didn't have grave concerns (grave being relative, of course) about the rest of the series. There are so many variables as to make a prediction impossible. Can Martin sustain this dense style? Does he have any idea where all his plotlines are heading? Will success, riches, and fame blunt his skills? Does he have enough years left in his life to finish this grand project? readASOIAF Read-Along - Hosted by Riley from Riley Marie, Elizabeth from Liz Loves Literature, and Kayla from BOOKadoodles. ♥ I was going to give this one 4 stars because it's the one where they kill more of the Stark's and wolf and I wanted to go in, turn into my own dragon and burn them all down!

Success!

I just felt like there was so much more to Brienne and Jaime's time together in the book. I wished he would have quit calling her ugly and such though. Jerk, but they did seem to be friends of a sort at the end of their time and I liked that. The announcers, with no regard for karma, started talking about the possibility in the fifth inning. I didn't start to get excited until the seventh. I thought to myself: I might be watching something for the history books. Then, in the eighth, the third baseman made an error, and the perfect game was over (the following inning, he lost his no-hit bid as well). The game went down as a victory for the Twins, and for Liriano, but it will be lost in the eddies of baseball history. It was a very good game; but it was not a masterpiece. As always, I want to state a disclaimer, like with all of the books in this series, that there are many very graphic rape and gang-rape scenes. I couldn't even list all of the triggers for sexual abuse in this book, so please use caution when reading. As scary as the sexual violence is to me, I think it is very believable in this world and helps to show people that the real monsters aren't just beyond the wall; they are human beings capable of very evil things. I loved this book because of the amount of promise it brought to the series. It brought our characters to the brink of greatness, put them in the positions that were surely going to change the course of this entire story. Examples: Jon and Dany. It was amazing to see how these two very young characters grew and developed due to all the battles, losses, and betrayals that they suffered. Both of them at the end of this story carry such potential for the future of this series. Having read book 5, I think that so much of it was unfortunately wasted.

A Storm of Swords: The Illustrated Edition (A Song of Ice and

Oh, poor Catelyn. I guess we can talk about her and how her story-line is, by far, the saddest in this book. Don't get me wrong, Catelyn has upset me very much with her treatment of Jon and her naive thinking in other books, but in this book I can't help but have an immense about of empathy for her. I am not sure I've ever reading anything like the Red Wedding. You can feel Catelyn's helplessness in a way I can't even put into words. Her desperation and her defeat are so palpable. I've never been a fan of Cat or her chapters, but this piece of literature breaks me every time. When I quarrel I do it with a sword, coz. I was speaking to the lady. Tell me, wench, are all the women on Tarth as homely as you? I pity the men, if so. Perhaps they do not know what real women look like, living on a dreary mountain in the sea.”The character complexity parallels the story complexity - both are done masterfully. The characters feel alive and real. They are interesting and fascinating, and fluctuate between likable and despicable in a not too predictable fashion (*). The previously unseen connections between characters and events are mind-blowing. And seeing the select few skillfully manipulating so many others is unsettling. When I first read A Game of Thrones I hated Jaime Lannister. Now, I think he’s awesome. If someone would have told me then, that by book three I would consider him one of my favourite characters, I’d have likely pushed them out of the moon door. It’s quite surprising that George R.R Martin actually changed him around like this. Well, I say change around. What I actually mean is showed the reader what he actually is. Never before, with any novel, have I had my feelings of pure hatred completely collapse in on them self and turn into pity and admiration.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment