276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bowers & Wilkins PX7 Wireless Over Ear Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation - Space Grey

£44.995£89.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Featuring revised DSP processing and microphone positioning, the Px7 S2 SE has enhanced call quality. With more of the surrounding noise suppressed, your caller gets to hear you more clearly, while the ANC system ensures you get to hear them in absolute clarity, too.

Brace yourself for no surprises: I'll cut to the chase here and tell you that the Bowers & Wilkins Px7 S2e, just like their predecessors, sound outstanding. Now, I don't have the originals with me to test side-by-side, which would be quite something, as I'd love to see the subtle variations this re-tuning brings for this 'e' version. It’s also ill at ease with wind noise, an using them on the Jubilee line – which is one of the loudest – they weren’t as effective at reducing the whistling noise of air through the tunnel. There is, at least, no perceptible whine when noise-cancellation is engaged, or any change in the performance audio, but weren’t as proficient as the WH-1000XM3, and since then the XM4 have come out as well as the QuietComfort 45 and Technics EAH-A800, all of which are better than the PX7. What really surprised me most about the PX7 though was how good the noise cancelling tech experience is. B&W have added more microphones to improve it, and the ANC is a huge step forward from the year old in ear PI7. There is no hiss when you don’t have the music. I am writing this wearing them in front of a fan with no music playing and I can’t hear the fan. The ANC experience is on another level from the on-ear headphones I have like Airpods Max or Bose 700s. I haven’t tried the new Sony M5s (I found the predecessor M4s to be uncomfortable on long flights.) Bluetooth connectivity comes courtesy of version 5.2, multipoint pairing is present and correct, and codec support is extensive, with SBC and AAC complemented by aptX, aptX HD and aptX Adaptive. Noticeable strides have been made in terms of their noise-cancelling performance, too, while the S2 charge faster, are more comfortable to wear and have better companion app support than the PX7. Class-leading insight – both in terms of texture and dynamics – appears to come easily to the PX7s (and there’s no shortage of it), but unlike some headphones that over-scrutinize at the expense of liveliness, they don’t get too bogged down with the details.

The Bowers & Wilkins Music App is common to both models, offering users the chance to adjust their cans' EQ, activate the noise-cancelling transparency mode to let in more or less of the outside world, and provide direct access to music streaming services such as Deezer, Qobuz, Tidal and TuneIn. The headphones have an app that immediately connects to my smartphone. It's so cool that it shows the battery life and it also allows me to switch up the settings depending on what I am listening to. PREMIUM DESIGN, PERFECT FIT: The PX7 S2 headphones have been carefully designed for comfortable, extended listening, with luxurious memory foam earpads that perfectly encapsulate and cushion your ears, and an elegant fabric finish. While elegant design and premium looks are a big part of Bowers & Wilkins’ appeal, sound quality is the UK manufacturer’s lifeblood. Its intention is not to blow your mind with ear-shattering bass or hyperbolic hi-hats but to instead reflect the artist’s original creative vision as faithfully as possible. This is something that’s been reinforced whenever I’ve met with Bowers employees and is undoubtedly one of the key factors behind its loyal following.

As those who save the last bite of steak for their last mouthful will understand, we’ve saved the best thing about the Px7 S2e – their biggest talent – till last: sound quality.Prices valid in stores (all including VAT) until close of business on 25th November 2023. (Some of these web prices are cheaper than in-store, so please mention that you've seen these offers online.) In the more-than-a-decade that this storied loudspeaker brand has been involved in the headphones market, it has established quite a reputation for impressive audio performance, a luxurious aesthetic, and, all things considered, decent value for money. That's precisely what the Bowers & Wilkins Px7 S2e represent: pure headphones perfection in many respects. The PX7 feature 43.6mm drivers, the largest in the B&W’s headphone range, which contributes to the headphones weight of 310g. That’s more than the Bose QuietComfort 45 (240g); Sony WH-1000XM4 (254g) but nowhere near as heavy as the AirPods Max (384g). The app also lets you manage the various devices the S2 are paired with and view the headphones’ battery life. However, at present, you can’t use the app to stream audio from linked services such as Tidal, Qobuz or TuneIn as you can with the B&W Zeppelin wireless speaker.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment