276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Yorkie Honeycomb Milk Chocolate Bar 42g x 12 bars

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You are advised to always read the product label for ingredients, nutrition, dietary claims and allergens. Made using the same chocolate as the original Yorkie® bar but with a delicious honeycomb flavour twist. It evolved from a bar that was originally launched in 1924 as ‘York Chocolate’, named after the city in which it was made, York. In 2002, the bar's relaunch campaign made this positioning more explicit, with the addition of a wrapper tagline reading "It's not for girls! Almost half a century later, Yorkie continues to be manufactured at Nestlé UK’s York factory, where 66 million bars are made each year.

The image and product information have been prepared for illustration and information purposes only and may differ from that shown. Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Dried Whole MILK, Butterfat ( MILK), Vegetable Fats (Palm, Shea), Whey Powder Product ( MILK), Glucose Syrup, Skimmed MILK Powder, Emulsifier (Lecithins), Raising Agent (Sodium Bicarbonate), Flavouring. I think flies would even turn their nose up at this thing, which looked like rotten infested seaweed. The company considered several more unlikely names, including ‘Jones’ and ‘O’Hara’ before deciding to name the bar after the city in which it is made. By co-incidence, I purchased these Yorkie's on the same day as the new Galaxy Honeycomb Crisp, so it was interesting to compare two different types of honeycomb chocolate bars.I've been collecting chocolates/wrappers for the past 2 years and I've never seen or heard of this 'Blue Ice' yorkie. I think Nestlé still have some making up to do for the generation of ladies they offended back then! Aside from the original milk chocolate bar, several variants are available, including a "raisin and biscuit" flavour, "honeycomb" flavour, and Yorkie Ice Cream.

Turns out that packaging was very misleading because nothing could prepare me for the horror that was lurking inside.Yorkie's used to be decent chocolate bars when I was a kid and had a distinctive taste all of their own, but now they've lost that and just taste boring. Unfortunately back then Nestlé still used sexist advertising and the slogan was "Too cool for girls".

Whilst Bestway Wholesale uses reasonable endeavors to ensure that the product information presented is accurate and up to date it does not accept any liability for any information which may not be accurate, it is not a substitute for reading the product packaging or label prior to use. One of these campaigns provoked 97 complaints to the Advertising Standards Agency on grounds of sexism in its first year, but the ASA eventually ruled that these complaints were not justified. More recently, in an effort to reduce costs, the number of chunks has been reduced to five with "Yorkie" moulded into each chunk.

From the bar's launch until 1992, the "Yorkie bar trucker" was the famous "rough, tough star" of the brand's television adverts. These are apparently popular in other parts of the word so maybe not as weird as they may seem to us Brits. A great alternative for Yorkie® fans who want a wonderfully chunky bar with something a little different. NA rights and specific trade dress to all packaged coffee and other products under the Starbucks brand owned by Nestlé since 2019. rights and specific trade dress owned by Nestlé; rights elsewhere owned by Associated British Foods.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment