276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Go For It, Nakamura!: 1

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

E a arte? Ela é, sem dúvidas, perfeita. O traço me agradou muito, todos os quadrinhos bem limpos visualmente e agradáveis, sem contar nos detalhes, achei tudo muito fofo! Me remeteu muito a quadrinhos antigos. E outra: COMO TODOS OS PERSONAGENS PODEM SER TAO BONITOS? Go For It, Nakamura! was positively received by critics. The series was praised for its 1980s-reminiscent artwork, [13] [14] with Sean Gaffney of Manga Bookshelf favorably comparing it to Ranma ½ and Kimagure Orange Road. [15] Anthony Gramuglia noted in his review of the series for Anime Feminist that Go For It, Nakamura! is "part of a new wave of [boys' love] manga that are more about identity than sex." [14] Reviewing the series for Otaku USA, Brittany Vincent praised the series' romantic comedy elements, calling Go For It, Nakamura! a "special treat for LGBT audiences eager for a sweet, retro-flavored romantic comedy." [16] is very non-conish and that's a turn off to me. But Nakamura-Kun! is more fluffy, it has sort of an even "innocent" kind of crush. I think even people who are not into BL could end up liking it. To create that level of connection to the characters in such a short space of time is no small feat

And it's so well written, i managed to get thru a manga of a genre i have near to zero interest in without ever being bored a second Nakamura and Otogiri do not interact very often, with him mostly speaking to Otogiri if he is doing duties for him. When Hirose develops an admiration for Otogiri, Nakamura starts envying Otogiri but does not dislike him, seeing the reason why Hirose admires him and admitting himself that Otogiri is a cool person. This isn't one of those gay mangas where one man is super effeminate and submissive whilst the other one is dominating and rapey either. Know why? Because (spoiler alert), actual romantic relationships don't work like that. Nope, instead the power-dynamics aren't really skewed in anyone favor and the relationship actually develops slowly over time. Closeted sixteen-year-old high school student Okuto Nakamura harbors a crush on his classmate Aiki Hirose, despite having never actually spoken to him. The strongly introverted Nakamura fantasizes about speaking to Hirose and often attempts to integrate himself into scenarios that would allow the two to interact, though the majority end in comedic failure. Nakamura is eventually able to build his confidence and grow closer to Hirose. The series concludes with the two boys developing a reciprocal friendship.

Statistics

rose-tinted glasses, this was the real and bloody hilarious highschool experience in all it's glorious awkwardnes which 99% of people will probably be able to relate to in some form I saw him first at entrance ceremony. Slightly curly chestnut hair, brown eyes, slightly tanned skin, and above all that lovable smile. Ah, if only a day would come when I could stare at him freely... How much I wish for that." Me? Cheating my way out of my Goodreads Reading Goal by reading this short fluffy manga? Haha! I don't know what you're talking about~

Go For It Again, Nakamura! was serialized in the boys' love manga magazine Opera from 2017 to 2021, and was eventually turned into a bound volume by Akane Shinsha on the same year. It was also licensed for an English Release by Seven Seas Entertainment during 2022. Go For It, Nakamura! ( Japanese: ガンバレ! 中村くん!!, Hepburn: Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!! ) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Syundei. The series follows the titular Nakamura, a closeted high school student who has a secret crush on his classmate. Go For It, Nakamura! was serialized in the manga magazine Opera from 2014 to 2016, collected into a bound volume by Akane Shinsha in 2017, and licensed for an English-language release by Seven Seas Entertainment in 2018. A sequel, Go For It Again, Nakamura! ( もっとガンバレ!中村くん!!, Motto Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!! ), began serialization in June 2017. Eventually, Nakamura is able to build his confidence and grow closer to Hirose, with the series concluding with the two boys developing a reciprocal friendship. Characters from Go For It, Nakamura! were included in a pop-up cafe run by Opera in Harajuku, Tokyo from March 16 to April 8, 2018. The cafe featured original merchandise and menu items inspired by the series. [12] Reception [ edit ]Characters [ edit ] Okuto Nakamura ( 中村 男久斗, Nakamura Okuto) Voiced by: Kappei Yamaguchi (audio drama) [3] A closeted high school student. He has a crush on his classmate Aiki Hirose, but is acutely introverted and has never spoken to him. Aiki Hirose ( 広瀬 愛貴, Hirose Aiki ) Voiced by: Junko Takeuchi (audio drama) [3] Nakamura's classmate, and his unrequited love interest. Sou Otogiri ( 乙切想, Otogiri Sou) Voiced by: Toshihiko Seki (audio drama) [3] Nakamura's homeroom teacher. Hifumi Kawamura ( 川村ひふみ, Kawamura Hifumi ) Voiced by: Yuri Shiratori (audio drama) [3] Nakamura's classmate. A talented artist. Oomori ( 大森) Voiced by: Kōki Miyata (audio drama) [3] Hirose's childhood friend. Arandou Tamura ( 用村亜乱堂, Tamura Arandou) Voiced by: Ai Orikasa (audio drama) [3] A member of the drama club. Media [ edit ] Manga [ edit ] Nakamura and Matsumura immediately shared a heated rivalry due to their obsession of Hirose, competing to see which of them is closer to Hirose. Nakamura views Matsumura as an obsessive creep and he needs to prevent him from get closer to Hirose. At the end of Go For It, Nakamura!, Nakamura and Hirose develop a mutual friendship, and are seen together more often in the sequel. Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!! is a very funny slice of life manga centred on an awkward gay high school boy and his crush. Unlike most of the shounen ai and yaoi genres, this manga is completely drama free so far; which is a welcome thing- the same stories can be told in the same way only so many times.

I love the art style of this manga. The character design is reminiscent of 80s and early 90s manga and anime. Scenes are drawn cleanly without overelaboration, and the faces and action are very expressive. Each chapter follows this format, where Nakamura attempts to integrate himself into situations that would allow him to interact with Hirose, most ending in comedic failure. New classmates such as Kawamura Hifumi, Oomori, and Tamura Arandou would enter his life as the series goes on, indirectly helping on Nakamura's journey. This was such a sweet and short read. Ganbare Nakamura-kun! is about Nakamura's pursuit for Hirose's friendship, of all things!!! He's in love with him, of course, and he fantasizes about them together, but he doesn't jump straight into a possible relationship between the two. He first and foremost wants to be his friend. a b c Syundei (3 July 2018). "Afterword". Go For It, Nakamura!. Seven Seas Entertainment. pp.192–193. a b c Ressler, Karen (15 September 2017). "Seven Seas Licenses Go For It, Nakamura! Boys-Love Manga". Anime News Network . Retrieved 6 October 2019.

Nakamura admires Hirose quite a lot, perhaps to the point of obsession. When drawing him, Nakamura carefully observes every part of Hirose, claiming how attractive he is. Nakamura is also seen observing Hirose often from a distance and is very jealous of his friends for being close to Hirose. Nakamura has also seemingly developed an interest in smelling Hirose in the sequel. Go For It Again, Nakamura! takes place after the conclusion of Go For It, Nakamura! where the two boys, Nakamura and Hirose, became friends. Nakamura continues to seek his goal of becoming closer with Hirose and sees becoming friends with him as a big motivator. Plot [ ] "It was love-at-first-sight when Nakamura met his classmate, Hirose. The two became friends after the shy and awkward Nakamura finally worked up the nerve to speak to him, but being buddy-buddy with your crush is a whole new kind of torture! And as he watches some other guy cuddle up with Hirose like casual bros, Nakamura tries to keep his head from exploding. Why can’t that be him?! Enjoy the hilarious new misadventures of Nakamura desperately trying to keep it together and not scare Hirose off. Hang in there, Nakamura!" After the end of the manga, the eleven chapters were collected into a bound volume by Akane Shinsha and published in May 27, 2017. On September 15, 2017, Seven Seas Entertainment announced that it would release an English translation of the series. The single-volume manga was published on July 3, 2018, making Go For It, Nakamura! the first boys' love manga series to be published by Seven Seas.

As for my problems with this manga outside of that: I found Nakamura kind of annoying and just downright weird. I’m not really rooting for him, though the author most certainly wants me to. The humor was the wrong kind of ridiculous for me, and that’s coming from someone who has a flair for the bombastic. Like, it wasn’t believable, which is fine, but it wasn’t even interesting. I couldn’t take any part of the story seriously because of it, but the more serious parts are not all that riveting or groundbreaking to begin with. For some, the themes might be a breath of fresh air, but I’ve read so many works with LGBT+ themes that this one felt dated and stale. Like I said, you won't get much content in terms of plot, this is just 11 chapters of him overcoming himself and getting close to his crush. This volume ended with them being real friends, which was definitely a step up for someone as timid as Nakamura. I'm actually glad that the story didn't end up with them being together. It was actually a befitting ending considering the amount of time they hang out together. Maybe in the sequel, it was time for Nakamura to step up more, but this volume is short but satisfying personally. The title "Go For It, Nakamura!" fits to perfection, 'cause you really do find yourself saying "Go For It!" cheering Nakamura on From his classmate's perspective, he is seen as creepy, gloomy, and often plain and forgettable. In Chapter 5, Kawamura's friends compare him to a face drawn on a shimeji mushroom.

Discussions

Go For It Again, Nakamura!! (もっとガンバレ! 中村くん!! Motto Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!!) is a Japanese manga series written by Syundei. The manga continues off from the previous title Go For It, Nakamura!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment