276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Murder at Kensington Palace (A Wrexford and Sloane Mystery): 3

£9.995£19.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ms Penrose likes to switch the narrative from Wrexford to Sloane in the same chapter; this didn’t present well on Audible but was great just reading the text. Kensington Gardens‘ mystery centres on the murder of Charlotte’s beloved childhood cousin, Cedric, Lord Chittenden; the accused, his twin brother, Nicholas Locke. Also, in a direct contradiction to my concerns over the second book where I worried that the romance had been too rushed, here, the author fell into the exact opposite problem.

You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. Their investigation leads them on a dangerous chase through Mayfair’s glittering ballrooms and opulent drawing rooms, where gossip and rumors swirl to confuse the facts. But I know I’ll be picking up Murder at Queen’s Landing the next time the mood for a compelling historical mystery strikes! If you like one you’ll like the other just as much – I certainly do – but they are cousins rather than twins or even siblings.

Andrea Penrose masterfully weaves the numerous plotlines of Murder at Kensington Palace into a scintillating whole. This time murder falls at Charlotte’s door after she and Wrexford learn of the brutal murder of Charlotte’s cousin, a wealthy and powerful young man. The third outing for Charlotte and Wrexford, as she is forced to confront and reveal her past, whilst trying to save a condemned man's life.

But when her cousin is murdered and his twin brother is accused of the gruesome crime, Charlotte immediately turns to Wrexford for help in proving the young man's innocence. I don't know if the writing was actually worse in this installment or just more noticeable without the distraction of a plot. The relationship between Wrexford and Charlotte is further developed in this book, and I am looking forward to seeing where it leads next.Charlotte lives with Wrexford’s blunt-tongued, knife-wielding cook, McClellan, and two adopted, adorable, hilarious street urchins, Raven and Hawk, aka Thomas Ravenwood Sloane and Alexander Hawksley Sloane, and affectionately dubbed “the Weasels” by Wrexford. Oy, as if I need another historical mystery with romantic elements to follow, but this cross-genre is appealing to me … so, here I go again with Andrea Penrose’s Wrexford and Sloane Regency-set, slow-burn romance and mystery series.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment