276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Braun MultiQuick 9 Hand Blender, Mixer, XL Food Processor, Active PowerDrive Technology, Multifunctional Bowl with 0.6L Capacity, 1200W, MQ9187XLI, Black

£49.995£99.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Some stirring is required to get rid of these shapes, but we did enjoy the relatively lump-free consistency of our mash. Bamix says it crushs ice but I find it tricky as the ice cubes here are the size of golf balls, however I don´t have any problem crushing bananas and I do it often – I have the Bamix Swissline. It has a lovely suction action so it does not spray food all over the hob too, so I can use it directly in the pan. It makes it easier to adjust the speed with one hand than blenders with a dial, like the KitchenAid 5-Speed Hand Blender.

Having said that, we rate the way this blender can zip through hot soups and sauces, right down to prepping frozen margaritas and kale-heavy green smoothies. This blender's 'Active Blade' feature makes it a little more suitable for crushing ice than the Braun MultiQuick 5 or MultiQuick 7. Thanks Raphael, there are certainly more models ( but in a confusing way) in some regions that I didn’t include.On the other hand, the Braun has a much better build quality, and its blades are dishwasher-safe, so it's easier to clean. Its 'Active Blade' feature allows you to push down on the blending arm and have the blades extend down. We also considered how easy it was to use, how loud the unit was and, of course, whether it could whip up even and consistent textures. However, there is no denying that this immersion blender packs in value for money and has some innovative features you won't find anywhere else.

I now find that I can still get a somewhat smooth mix but I have to run the blender longer than I normally would. German design is known for quality and utility, and the Braun MultiQuick 9 Hand Blender MQ9199XL is a classic example of this.On the other hand, the KitchenAid comes more attachments, including an 's-blade' for ice crushing and a food processing bowl with its own blade assembly. The Braun is much sturdier and makes smoother blends with fibrous ingredients like kale, so it's a better choice if you make a lot of soups or smoothies.

As I was reading through your comment, I too was thinking though about the Bamix and how easy the wee blades are. It also claims its activeblade technology allows the blade to move up and down, blitzing your creations evenly and quickly. For almost all parts, except the blender body, gearboxes of course and the food processor lid because it includes a gearbox too.

We are going to discuss the most popular and available MultiQuick 9 series models but here is a low down of the 7 official models we have found all over the world, incase you come across them and need confidence to know they are real ( starting with the most basic 9005x, 9027x, 9037x, 9045x, 9097x, 9038x, 9047) . The item may be missing the original packaging or protective wrapping, or may be in the original packaging but not sealed. It makes a fairly smooth blend with fibrous ingredients but doesn't completely liquify elements like kale or broccoli. It is engineering tools in a way that they can be used more easily, intuitively and with better results.

The Smeg comes with a food processing bowl that makes it better-suited for recipes like nut butter, but it doesn't have a good build quality. Personally I think the braun mq9087 should be fine for frozen fruits but the braun staff weren’t so forthcoming about ice.However, the 7 has a wider variety of attachments, including a masher and a food processing bowl with several blades for different purposes, like shredding and chopping. Braun's world's first PowerBell blending shaft with SplashControl Technology is a standard for every Braun hand blender.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment