276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hold Tight

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whether you’re a fan of thrilling mysteries or whether you want to see one of Coben’s greatest stories come to life, this is the title you’re not going to want to miss. Read on to learn everything there is to know about the brand new Netflix original series, Hold Tight. Hold Tight synopsis Hold Tight‘s characters are connected, some unexpectedly, through some baffling twists. What did you think of the ways the author tied up the story’s many loose ends? Were you surprised by how these plotlines were resolved?

The action switches to Tia and Mike Baye who never imagined they'd become spying, overprotective parents. But their sixteen-year-old son Adam has been unusually distant and aloof lately, and after the recent suicide of his classmate and close friend Spencer Hill (who took vodka and tablets on his school's roof in the night and died), they can't help but worry. They install a spy program on Adam's computer and within days they are jolted by a strange message to their son from a correspondent known only as CeeJay8115: "Just stay quiet and all safe." The room pretty much exploded then. There were tears, of course. Hugs. Apologies. Wounds were ripped open and closed. [. . .:]" This was my January book Pal read, and yet another great Harlan Coben book, full of great characters, twists and turns, with the whole story and different characters weaving in and out of the plots very intertestingly and all coming together for an exciting and frightening few chapters. All in all this was quite an enjoyable read and I was really impressed with how the author tied everything together. It kept me guessing with it twists and turns until it's unexpected but satisfying ending. In "Hold Tight" Mike and Tia Baye are concerned about Adam, their sixteen-year-old son. Adam seems to be pulling away from them and acting secretive. He's been very distant since the suicide of his classmate, Spencer. Mike and Tia become increasingly concerned and decide to install a spy program on Adam's computer. Soon after they come across a message telling Adam to "Stay quiet".Tia and Mike Baye never imagined they’d spy on their kids. But their sixteen-year-old son Adam has been unusually distant lately, and after the suicide of his best friend Spencer Hill, they can’t help but worry. Within days of installing a sophisticated spy program on Adam’s computer, they are jolted by a cryptic message from an unknown correspondent that shakes them to their core “just stay quiet and all safe.” While several of Coben’s works have made it to the screen over the years, his first title to hit Netflix was Safe in 2018 — an original series created by Coben and set in Britain, starring Michael C. Hall as a widowed father struggling to connect with his two teenage daughters after the death of their mother — until one of them goes missing. Hold Tight explores a number of difficult issues that confront lots of families, including the matter of how to balance parental oversight with giving your children the room to grow and become strong independent individuals, the question of how one attempts to balance a career with your family responsibilities, and the difficulties of managing as a single parent. The room pretty much exploded then. There were tears, of course. Hugs. Apologies. Wounds were ripped open and closed. Hester worked it. She grabbed LeCrue and Duncan. They all saw what happened here. No one wanted to prosecute the Bayes." Hold Tight tells the story of 3 different families who all end up in troubles of their own, and they all end up coming together in the end. 1# Michael and Tia Baye, who's son Adam, who has become very distant and acting strangely different since recently losing a close friend, so they install a spy program on his computer to find out why. 2#Ron and Betsy Hill, who's son Spencer (who was also Adam's friend I'd mentioned above) had committed suicide by drug overdose for unknown reasons. And #3 Susan and Dante Loriman, who's son Lucas is in urgent need of a kidney transplant and their care physician who is Michael Baye, who finds out that neither parent is a suitable match to give Lucas a kidney, and tries to find out why.

Crime thrillers are universal — tense plotting and suspenseful reveals are exciting in any language, and (unfortunately) the dark side of human nature is present in every culture. Which is why many of bestselling American author Harlan Coben’s novels have been adapted into series in several countries. The latest, based on 2008’s Hold Tight, is his second Polish-language original Netflix series (after 2020’s The Woods). Debuting in April 2022, Hold Tight follows a woman on a harrowing search for her son, who disappears after his friend is found dead. The series is a sequel of sorts to The Woods — it shares multiple characters — and is the sixth of Coben’s books to be adapted for Netflix. Want to know more about the series? Below, we'll introduce you to everything you need to know about Hold Tight, its cast, its connection to The Woods and the rest of Harlan Coben's works on Netflix. What is Hold Tight about? Consider the mothers in the book. How are they alike and different? Which one(s) exhibits good parenting methods?

Hold Tight

Then last, but definitely not least, there is the monster with the worst case of uncontrolled anger you have ever seen. The daughter of Marianne and Guy, Yasmin, is being bullied at school because her teacher (Joe Lewiston) commented on her facial hair in front of the class. Yasmin shows her only friend Jill Baye (Mike and Tia's daughter) her father's (Guy) gun, which is already loaded and hidden in a drawer in their house. She tells Jill how she dreams of getting revenge on Mr. Lewiston. If you're a parent, this book might just scare the bejeebers out of you. The obvious question threaded throughout the entire book is "should you spy on your children?" And Coben doesn't give you his opinion one way or the other. That's the point of the multi-dimensional plot. He gives you a look at the evils of both options. Susan and Dante Loriman meet with their son's (Lucas) doctor (Mike Baye) only to be told Lucas urgently needs a kidney transplant. Neither parent is a suitable match and with some investigating, Mike finds out that Dante is not Lucas’s biological father. Why wasn’t Adam more open with his parents about the danger he was in? Would the story have been different if he had been honest with them sooner?

In Harlan Coben's latest thriller, Hold Tight, Mike and Tia Baye experience a chilling couple of days because of a decision to put spyware on their son's computer.That was how Betsy Hill would describe it. Dead. It wasn't merely quiet or still. The house was hollow, gone, deceased - its heart had stopped beating, the blood had stopped flowing, the innards had begun to decay. Everyone I’ve related this story to has asked why I put up with it. And that’s a pretty good question, isn’t trust supposed to be an integral part of a healthy relationship? At the same time, I also seem to see the sense in her assertion that if I have nothing to hide, what’s the big deal? These two points of view have proved irreconcilable over the years, and needless to say, my desire for continued intercourse with her has trumped my moral standings on the issue. Also, I do have to say that if there was anything of a computer-related nature which could have resulted in my behaving badly, constant fear of Big Brother keeps me in line (even though I’m still routinely bitched out at for things, which never ceases to amaze me, such as accepting a Facebook friend invitation from people I’ve never gotten my freak on with). A story filled with the life behind closed doors of four families, and how one thing said can sent the whole ball running and cause a chain effect of events and deaths. There are the parents desperately seeking a kidney donor before it is too late to save their son from an early death. Chief Investigator Loren Muse is desperate to prove her worth as 'the boss' in the all boys club of the police department. When a mangled body wearing questionable attire is found in a sketchy neighborhood, Muse seeks an alternative answer to the obvious question of what happened, and in doing so faces the ridicule of her subordinates.

Then there is the much respected teacher whose life also went down the toilet after the said callous comment. As if Mike Baye isn’t dealing with enough, he also learns that Lucas Loriman, the sweet kid who grew up next door, is in urgent need of a kidney transplant. As the boy’s doctor, Mike suddenly finds himself in possession of an explosive secret that threatens to rip the Loriman family apart at the seams. Hold Tightfollows the life of a mother namedAnna Barczyk, who embarks on a dangerous journey to find her son, Adam, who went missing not too longer his friend was found dead. Determined to uncover her child’s whereabouts, Anna searches for answers in unknown territories, some of which threaten her own life. Nevertheless, she sets out to find out the truth and hopefully find her son alive. A well-loved teacher makes a terrible mistake by humiliating one of his students in front of her classmates and the effects will be catastrophic.There is the young girl whose life went down the toilet after an off hand, callous comment by a much respected teacher.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment