276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Samyang AF 12mm F2.0 Autofocus Lens for Sony E

£154.5£309.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

in APS-C is definitely ultra-wide and merits some practice with composition to give proper impact to the foreground in particular. Because it’s so lightweight, it feels very rugged and as if it would easily survive the abuse my equipment tends to suffer (frequent drops and banging against rocks). Having a manual focus lens has brought me back to this age of photography, and in a lot of ways, has helped me hone my craft as a photographer. Here’s another shot from a low angle, and once again autofocus grabbed the right spot and focused accurately. Samyang’s signature red ring (which they, ahem, “appropriated” from Canon) is a little more discreet in the current design, and mostly disappears if the lens hood is attached.

Samyang AF 12mm F2 E - Focus Review (P)review Samyang AF 12mm F2 E - Focus Review

The sensor that first was used in A7iii was so brilliant and affordable that an entire camera business of multiple manufacturers were built around it: Panasonic S1, S1H, S5, Nikon Z6, z6ii, Sigma fp, Sony A7c. My a6000 allows me to set the focus peaking color to yellow, red, or white, and then highlights the focused parts within the viewfinder to let me know I’m locked on. FE autofocus wide-angle prime for Sony full-frame cameras has some neat handling extras, including a customizable focus hold button and customizable dual-mode operating switch, plus an LED indicator for setting the focus distance to infinity (useful for astrophotography). A lens that bulges these lines towards the edges of frame produces barrel distortion, the degree of which is indicated by a negative score. I'd be surprised if Samyang does a lot of manual lenses going forward actually, most of their recent E mount releases (like this one) are AF, and pretty solid at AF too.

Fujifilm's newest camera aims to bring modern AF, improved sensor stabilization and video recording technology into the medium format realm.

Samyang AF 12mm f/2.0 Sony E | LCE

Fujifilm X-T5, Samyang AF 12mm F2 X, 1/40sec at f/11, ISO 125, converging verticals corrected in Adobe Camera Raw. s abilities in low light, flare, bokeh, vignetting, distortion, it’s ability to ‘get close’, and it’s performance while hiking outside. There is no substitute for a tripod, but below you can see the kind of shots I’ve been able to get while walking around in low light situations. Its 12-element, 10-group design incorporates two aspheric and three ED glass elements to suppress chromatic aberration and distortion. My only beef is that they changed the filter size, so now that expensive 67mm filter needs to be a 62mm filter or get and adapter ring for it.Not to mention that on daylight and slow subjects/landscapes, the humble 1" sensors do a fine job compared vs. Nikon and Canon the highest, then equivalent cameras from Olympus, Minolta and Pentax at lower cost. Fast continuous shooting, reliable autofocus and great battery life are just three of the most important factors.

Samyang AF 12mm f/2 Lens - Sony E Mount - Wilkinson Cameras

The Tamron is one stop brighter than Sony’s own 10-18mm F4, but about twice as expensive than the Samyang AF 12mm F2 E. It has low enough distortion that the latter is a possibility, which further adds to its travel credentials.If I manually crop the full frame image (on the right, below), I end up with roughly 25MP of resolution vs the natural 21MP of the Alpha One’s APS-C crop. A 7-blade aperture diaphragm offers settings as small as f/22, while improved Ultra Multi Coating (UMC) promises higher contrast and reduced flare.

Samyang 1220506101 12 mm F2.0 Manual Focus Lens for Sony-E Samyang 1220506101 12 mm F2.0 Manual Focus Lens for Sony-E

I’ve enjoyed the manual focus version of this lens in the past, and I was reminded why during this review.When it comes to distortion, the lens is well controlled and the Lightroom correction profile makes it a non-issue. We've been shooting Google's two newest smartphones on two continents: from the parks of Madrid to the mountains of Washington state and the streets of Seattle.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment