276°
Posted 20 hours ago

3D Scanner Creality CR Scan Lizard - Premium Kit, 0.05 mm Accuracy and 10 FPS Scan Speed 3D Scanner, Aviation Aluminium Plug with Turntable

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

No labeling point required:Scanning distance: 15.75-35.45 inches (40-90 cm) Working range: 11.80-19.70 inches (30-50 cm) Scan resolution: 0.5mm; Image size: 536x378 10 frames per second accuracy: 0.1mm . Full-color Scanning: The built-in high-resolution color camera reflects the real world in a real way. Also, it is engineered with advanced optical technology, which works well even in bright sunlight.

As someone who works with 3D printing, I have always had an interest in 3D scanning. So when Creality offered to send me their CR-Scan Lizard 3D scanner for review, I jumped on the chance. Below you will find my thoughts about the Creality CR-Scan Lizard and a showcase of some of my scans. Elsewhere, the Revopoint scanners feature in-built RGB sensors, which allow them to capture color texture detail during the scanning process, while the Creality Lizard relies on post-processing high-fidelity software color restoration, or at least that’s the plan. Color Scanning POP 2 In contrast, the Lizard 3D scanner delivers even higher precision with its remarkable 0.05mm accuracy. This makes it an ideal choice for scanning small components or prototypes that demand intricate details. The Lizard also supports no-marker scanning, eliminating the need for additional markers to enhance accuracy. With its automated data processing capabilities, the Lizard simplifies post-processing, saving valuable time and effort. Scanning speed is up to 10fps. ¶ 5. Is it possible to modify the scanned model by using other 3D design software. The MINI employs high-resolution structured blue light technology, different from the straight camera/infrared combo of the POPs, to help with the ever-present issue of ambient light spoiling and distorting the scanning process. Much like the POPs, the MINI doubles as both a stationary and handheld device, with a sleek turntable to improve workflow available in the premium bundle. The 10 FPS scan speed also carries over from the POP family.When I tried to scan the bottom also, the software would not accurately align the two scans, even when I tried to help it with the manual alignment. We just scanned once so that the scan is not hollow. The Lizard’s software regularly crops a few pixels too far off the ground. The pixel selection can be adjusted, but at the time I didn’t know how. hose adapter.zip Fireball Wizard 28mm The alignment of several scans to each other is satisfactory. Instead of opting for the fully automatic scan, we provided 3 reference points in 2 scans and then just let the software do it. However, 3 reference points is not really a lot. Therefore, you have to put in some effort and find good points that clearly define the future arrangement. It would be easier with more points.

In terms of flexibility, the four scanners are on equal footing, though the hybrid mode on the Lizard offers an extra bit of versatility. The additional modes on the Revopoint POP 2 are great if you’ll use them but may be an unneeded nicety for many. Software and File Compatibility This is when things started to get interesting for me. After I found the calibration files I started looking around the files.Likewise, the Lizard 3D scanner presents a compact and lightweight design, tipping the scales at just 370 grams. While it may be marginally heavier than the Ferret, it remains exceedingly portable and user-friendly. The Lizard scanner is amenable to both indoor and outdoor scanning, making it adaptable to diverse scanning conditions. Creality sent me the CR-Scan Lizard Luxury Combo. I tested both handheld and table scanning (both geometry and texture), but did not test the color texture feature enabled by smartphone pairing. Transparent, highly reflective, hairy, thin objects are not ideal targets for most 3D scanners (including CR-Scan Lizard). ¶ 8. What software comes with the CR-Scan Lizard? I can’t find any recommended PC specs. I have an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X with an RTX 3070 in an Unraid VM and have to wait considerable amounts of time when doing some operations. A VM does leave a little bit on the table because I give 3 CPU to all the services but should be on par with a Ryzen 3700X. The GPU can help with these 3D tasks and the software does appear to utilize my Nvidia 3070. Scanning doesn’t seem too CPU intensive but I could see someone being frustrated using a laptop or older PC while generating a mesh. Meshing fully utilizes my CPU most of the time. You have been warned. Moral of the story: be wary if trying to use a potato for meshing. Note: I was imaging a MicroSD card at the time of the screenshot which explains the 100% usage of Disk 1. Scanning Additionally, the Ferret’s wide-range mode allows for scanning of large objects, while the high-accuracy mode guarantees precise scanning of medium-to-small-sized objects. With an accuracy of 0.1mm and a resolution of 0.16mm, the Ferret consistently produces high-quality scans with meticulous detail and precision.

Weighing a mere 105 grams, the Ferret 3D scanner is extraordinarily lightweight and compact, rendering it effortlessly manageable and easy to transport. Its portable design empowers users to scan objects in various environments, be it indoors or outdoors. Furthermore, the Ferret comes with a stand that can be employed in handheld or turntable modes, providing users with flexibility and versatility in their scanning endeavors.

First is the preview step. You line up the smartphone and scanner and get your distance correct while looking at the preview in the software. The next step scans the turntable by itself with nothing on it so the platform can be removed from the scans, followed by placing the object on the turntable and scanning. This would be the last step before meshing unless additional scans at different angles were taken if not capturing color. This final step for color textures triggers your camera every couple of seconds via Bluetooth. If you need additional angels repeat steps 3 and 4 until all details are captured. The freehand scan also needs to be practiced. Moreover, you will probably need glued-on index points with the Lizard, even if Creality says it would have to work without it. By the time I was posting this review, I hadn’t been able to do anything useful in freehand modes.

In hindsight, I could have done some things differently. First I zoomed in on my camera app to try to capture as much data as possible when I was setting the camera up. I should have tried to keep it small. Potentially orienting the camera behind the scanner. I am not positive this will work though. The camera needs to be as close to the scanner’s camera as possible to avoid parallax errors. I could also reduce the output file size by reducing the quality in my phone’s camera app. Success Rate The model was nowhere near aligned, but it was in a previous try I had made. I selected manual alignment and it took me to this screen: Over to Creality, the CR-Scan 01 offers 0.5 mm precision and accuracy of 0.1 mm, while the CR-Scan Lizard features a precision of 0.05 mm and 0.1 mm point distance. Legal proceeding aside, the Creality CR-Scan Lizard is an exciting proposition: cheaper than the CR-Scan 01, improved accuracy, a more compact design, and vastly better light adaptability suited to outdoor and direct sunlight scanning.The Revopoint POP 2 is an upgraded and improved version of the original Revopoint POP. Revopoint took the solid foundations of the POP and enhanced precisions, improved color capture performance, generally it’s a much easier scanner to work with overall. CR-Scan Lizard can be operated with Windows 10 64bit and MacOS system, and supports Blender, Maya, Rhino, 3DMax, Fusion 360 for free. . . And so on a variety of humanized design software. The CR-Scan Lizard comes with three different scanning modes. You can either use it in turntable mode, handheld mode, or a mixture of the two to scan an object. The CR-Scan Lizard works best in Table Mode while scanning objects with the smallest dimension being 15 mm to 200 mm for the longest side.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment